PDA

View Full Version : Valve Angle

Wodjno
19-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Anyone know where i can find information regarding the Angle that the valves sit in conjunction to the pistons :thinking:

Wodjno
20-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Anyone know where i can find information regarding the Angle that the valves sit in conjunction to the pistons :thinking:

BTTT :D

psbarham
20-05-2007, 07:35 PM
BTTT :D
why ? :inquisiti

Wodjno
20-05-2007, 07:36 PM
why ? :inquisiti

Do you know ?? Or not :inquisiti

I actually need all this info..

• Engine make, model & year ......................Mitsubishi Legnum/Galant 1996 - 2---
• Bore size.............................................. ....... 81mm
• Stroke............................................ ...............80.8mm
• Rod length (c to c) and material
• Block height
• Compression ratio 8.5-1
• Gasket thickness & diameter
• Wrist pin diameter
• Pin offset and direction
• Application info
• Induction & fuel......................................... Forced/Turbo... Petrol
• Camshaft specs (gross lift, lift @ TDC)
• Cylinder head brand model & part #
• Valve angle
• Combustion chamber CC’s ...................................416.666666
• Valve diameters & freedrop (valve edge to cyl. head deck)
• and quantities of pistons and hardware. .........................................6 x all bits

:D

psbarham
20-05-2007, 07:42 PM
you don't want much do ya ? :thinking:

mpau009
20-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Do you know ?? Or not :inquisiti

I actually need all this info..

• Engine make, model & year
• Bore size
• Stroke
• Rod length (c to c) and material
• Block height
• Compression ratio
• Gasket thickness & diameter
• Wrist pin diameter
• Pin offset and direction
• Application info
• Induction & fuel
• Camshaft specs (gross lift, lift @ TDC)
• Cylinder head brand model & part #
• Valve angle
• Combustion chamber CC’s
• Valve diameters & freedrop (valve edge to cyl. head deck)
• and quantities of pistons and hardware.

There are a couple of those in the workshop manual, http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107 Bore/Stroke etc

Some of the other easier ones, you could probably get Brad to measure off off his stripped down spare?

Wodjno
20-05-2007, 07:57 PM
There are a couple of those in the workshop manual, http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107 Bore/Stroke etc

Some of the other easier ones, you could probably get Brad to measure off off his stripped down spare?

Cheers Dude..

Have updated with the 1's i already know about :scholar:

bradc
20-05-2007, 09:19 PM
yeah I'll get out there tonight and get the piston centre to centre for you, as well as • Wrist pin diameter • Pin offset and direction, but I don't know what those terms mean, so can you tell me?

What exactly is 'block height' it sounds fairly obvious, I assume they mean from the very bottom of the block to the highest point?

Wodjno
20-05-2007, 09:39 PM
yeah I'll get out there tonight and get the piston centre to centre for you, as well as • Wrist pin diameter • Pin offset and direction, but I don't know what those terms mean, so can you tell me?

What exactly is 'block height' it sounds fairly obvious, I assume they mean from the very bottom of the block to the highest point?

The wrist pin(gudgeon pin) is the pin that connects the Piston to the connecting rod. Its the diameter of this which is needed. Think this is best done using a micrometer /yes

Not to sure about wrist pin offset.. But i think it means that the pin is not centred in the piston, and this has an affect then on the direction of rotation :speechles Help !! /pan

psbarham
20-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Not to sure about wrist pin offset.. But i think it means that the pin is not centred in the piston, and this has an affect then on the direction of rotation :speechles Help !! /pan

yeh the gudgeon pin sits slightly offset in the piston so when the cylinder fires the load doesn't tip the piston to one side , thats why pistons are marked front / back :scholar:

Wodjno
20-05-2007, 09:51 PM
yeh the gudgeon pin sits slightly offset in the piston so when the cylinder fires the load doesn't tip the piston to one side , thats why pistons are marked front / back :scholar:

So how do we get this measurement ??

Mitsy ?? /pan

psbarham
20-05-2007, 09:56 PM
So how do we get this measurement ??

Mitsy ?? /pan
if the uk lot know , if not some careful work with a set of verniers

bradc
20-05-2007, 09:56 PM
that one sounds difficult to measure, I'll try my best tonight, I need to get a micrometer at some point, sounds like the need has just arisen!

Eurospec
21-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Sounds like you are making pistons mate!

If so they ought to be able to do it without a lot of the stuff they asked for there.

I dont know the valve angle, but its small. (ie there is not that much slopw on the heads.)

Cheers,

Ben.

Wodjno
22-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Sounds like you are making pistons mate!

If so they ought to be able to do it without a lot of the stuff they asked for there.

I dont know the valve angle, but its small. (ie there is not that much slopw on the heads.)

Cheers,

Ben.

Depends on if it going to just a forged copy of the OE piston or summat a bit different ;)

zentac
22-05-2007, 10:13 AM
you want summat a bit different ;) Now I see why all the questions. I will get you a price, but I would want to run mine first to make sure they are ok before I recomend them to you.