PDA

View Full Version : What does this bit do...........

MGV6
21-05-2007, 04:39 PM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/164/untitledry8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I notice some cars have that bit removed. What is it meant to do?

I have it on my car but never removed it but I see someones car have that bit removed.

Lillywotsername
21-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Its the strip that covers the tow hitch. People take it off that track there cars cos in the event of an accident this bit will just get ripped off rather than removed carefully.....

Hope this answers your question Gurj

SGHOM
21-05-2007, 04:48 PM
It's the air intake for the flux capacitor. remove it at your peril ! :inquisiti [ only for the serious modders ] :thinking:

n13l pm
21-05-2007, 05:03 PM
It's the air intake for the flux capacitor. remove it at your peril ! :inquisiti [ only for the serious modders ] :thinking:

/haz

White Lightning
21-05-2007, 05:07 PM

/pan

Everyone knows that flux capacitors require 1.21 Gigawatts of electric energy to work properly ...

n13l pm
21-05-2007, 05:18 PM
/pan

Everyone knows that flux capacitors require 1.21 Gigawatts of electric energy to work properly ...

:thinking: well.... you only require the 1.21gigawatts for the preface lift model mate!! The facelift models came with a household food processor!!

White Lightning
21-05-2007, 05:39 PM
:thinking: well.... you only require the 1.21gigawatts for the preface lift model mate!! The facelift models came with a household food processor!!

/lol

pitslayer
21-05-2007, 05:57 PM
your all wrong, thats the doobry that powers the whatdyamacallit, attached to the foofoo valve, it makes the wotsit that sends power to the doofer, nowt to do with the flux capacitor, as thats attached to the rotarty splints coming of the front of the engine with the big foofoo gasket in it....god dont you people know anything

Paul Beazer
21-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Actually its a portal to another space time continum. Unfortunately its only big enough for the cover to fit through and it closes up as soon as 1 object has passed through. Why do think so many have just vanished never to be seen again. Its also mitsus way of keeping america dumb. The £38 profit for a new one is then diverted to the mafia who in turn rig the presidential elections, making sure that america will never again have an intelligent persident.
So now you know, keep it to yourself. There is a secret method of keeping the portal shut, but it'll cost you to know the truth.......

MGV6
21-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Car looks more aggressive with that bit taken off. Looks cool

Me no good at science so basically if I take it off, it won't do any harm?

bradc
21-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I prefer it with the little cover on, although I do see the attraction to having the bumper come up in the middle slightly. You could probably take it off and get the front bumper modified so that none of the clips were showing and it would look quite nice.

westy
21-05-2007, 10:12 PM
or you could just leave it on!?

mpau009
22-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Yeah its well known that the cover was designed for only one purpose... to fall off/pan

As far as mitsi design flaws go it has to be right up there with the guard liners, which also pop their mounts when you scrape the bumper/Grrr.

I bolted mine in with a plate along the bottom, so it cant catch on anything, and hopefully will stop the bumper cracking in that area, which iv seen on a few cars where it has caught.

I vote leave it on as well, it messes up the look of the bumper otherwise with the little border thingee, and holes exposed.

bradc
22-05-2007, 07:37 AM
it's right up there with the auto gear boxes for breaking :D

Eurospec
22-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Car looks more aggressive with that bit taken off. Looks cool

Me no good at science so basically if I take it off, it won't do any harm?

It wont do any harm unless you go over 88 miles an hour. If you do you will instantly be transported back in time. If you are, watch out for the sign!

Cheers,

Ben.

MGV6
22-05-2007, 11:55 AM
It wont do any harm unless you go over 88 miles an hour. If you do you will instantly be transported back in time. If you are, watch out for the sign!

Cheers,

Ben.

WOW, I didn't know Galant was capable of reaching these new standards. I'm gonna give it a try...............