PDA

View Full Version : Weds - Most Stressful Day Ever ?

Spirit
22-05-2007, 02:56 PM
.....well maybe !

Why........?

1: Will my car be ready for RT6 ? http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24493
2: Last day at work and sooooooo much to do
3: It's the Champions League Final

........thank goodness I smoke :pimp2:

White Lightning
22-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Looks like it ............. :5shots:

thecustomer
22-05-2007, 04:18 PM
.....well maybe !

Why........?

1: Will my car be ready for RT6 ? http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24493

Hi Peter

you've listed them in order of importance then? :thinking:

I hope that

1 the parts arrive
2 your desk clears itself
3 the reds win (my wife's from Liverpool)

Will

White Lightning
22-05-2007, 04:32 PM
.....well maybe !

Why........?

The correct priority should be ...

1: Make sure car is ready for Ring trip
2: Watch Liverpool win the Champions League
3: Try and clear desk ....

/pan

Spirit
22-05-2007, 04:56 PM
The correct priority should be ...

1: Make sure car is ready for Ring trip
2: Watch Liverpool win the Champions League
3: Try and clear desk ....

/pan

Yeah I accept that........

//pan himself on head

Spirit
23-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Ok......the day is here........what will it bring ????

Firstly, Scott confirmed yesterday the turbos were sent - and guaranteed delivery by 10am today.......part one done.....update later.

Wouter
23-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Oohhh exciting!!!

White Lightning
23-05-2007, 09:52 AM
It's nearly 10am ... have the turbos arrived?

:inquisiti

Spirit
23-05-2007, 10:28 AM
It's nearly 10am ... have the turbos arrived?

:inquisiti

Yes, part 2 is complete......they have arrived at AP apparantly.

White Lightning
23-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Yes, part 2 is complete......they have arrived at AP apparantly.

Good news ... /woot2

Fingers crossed the job goes ok now ... /juggle

Paul Beazer
23-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Mmmm cigarettes:pimp2:

Spirit
23-05-2007, 01:21 PM
The old turbos are off. Kev also found an air leak in the front turbo to engine block pipe........which we had an inclination about anyhow and will be part of the reason I am down on power. Luckily he has the pipe from his old one there......phew !

Next update after I pop in on the way home.

White Lightning
23-05-2007, 01:29 PM
The old turbos are off. Kev also found an air leak in the front turbo to engine block pipe........which we had an inclination about anyhow and will be part of the reason I am down on power. Luckily he has the pipe from his old one there......phew !

Next update after I pop in on the way home.

Good news so far then :thumbsup:

Spirit
23-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Just come back from AP. The turbos are on /bounce

Kev is going back in tonight to finish putting all the pipework back on, and fit the ABS modulator.

Both turbos were fubar'd, and Kev was happy the replacements were good. Just got to fire her up later to confirm then tomorrow morning get her on the rolling road for a tune up....and hopefully have my 60bhp back.

Then it will be off for new tyres and tracking.

Will update later if I go down there after the football..........and see what the bill is :5shots:

Nick Mann
23-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Glad it looks like it will be sorted! Out of interest - what boost and oil have you been running? And do you use a turbo timer?

I kernackered mine on 1.2 bar, with a 30s timer and the cheapest fully synth 5W40 I could find. (I have now learned my lesson - on the oil bit anyway!! /pan )

Spirit
23-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Boost is set at 1.0 bar max, although I usually keep it to 0.9 bar. She's had Valvoline fully synthetic for ages now and been more than happy with it.

Never had a turbo timer fitted Nick, but always follow the usual rules of cooling down.

Nick VR4
23-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Good news Pete :D

Lillywotsername
23-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I am so pleased for you Pete... And for Shaz as I don't think she was relishing the thought of going to Spa and The Ring in the Jag...:)

Spirit
23-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't think she was relishing the thought of going to Spa and The Ring in the Jag...:)

Although I would have still gone in the Jag, I too would not have relished it, especially with standard discs and pads ! Plus it would have needed a service first as it's due in 800 miles.......oh joy more expense when we come back !

Wouter
23-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Good news Pete!

Just remind Kevin that it is your birthday tomorrow when he gives you the bill... maybe he can give you a discount.

Spirit
24-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Well yet another eventful evening at AP comes to an end. Went back down there after the footie at about 9.30 and Kev/Matt where busy putting things back together including the ABS modulator, pipework etc. Did a few other little bits too like moving the boost solenoid closer to the actuator.

Anyhow, in goes the oil, the coolant and we fire her up.....all seems good.

Next, Kev bleeds the brakes and we're ready for a test drive. Plugs in the MUTII and all looks good on the fault codes. He goes for a spin up the road and comes back with a big smile saying how much better she appears to hold boost, and that on my standard setting (which I normally hit 0.9 to 0.93 bar) she hit 1.2 bar ! Quick chat to confirm we will put her on the rollers in the morning and set the boost controller up again properly and it's my turn.

Would you f**kin believe it, but I trundle back in with the ABS light on and the red AYC light. On goes the MUTII, up goes the car on the ramp, and on my test drive the NS rear ABS ring had snapped !!!!! We are gobsmacked .

By now its 12.15am.......does that stop Kev.....nope ! He hunts around and finds a couple of ABS rings, scratches his head and says "I wonder ?"

So, off comes the wheel.....and less than an hour later the car is back on the road with a new ABS ring fitted and problem resolved !

To be safe, Kev puts the car away for the night and I head home......

Got to pop back tomorrow to roller it, and then get the new tyres fitted and tracking checked.

I can't say a big enough thank you to Kev and Matt at AP, who spent so long on the car today and came in tonight when they wern't even supposed to be working........:iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

More updates tomorrow.

bradc
24-05-2007, 02:06 AM
nice one, can't wait to see the results, make sure you get atw power this time

Spirit
24-05-2007, 02:09 AM
nice one, can't wait to see the results, make sure you get atw power this time

Had one on Monday of 210 so hoping for a nice increase on this tomorrow.

bradc
24-05-2007, 02:10 AM
210hp atw?

Spirit
24-05-2007, 02:11 AM
210hp atw?

Yeah, it was 270 at the fly, 210 atw and 311 lb/ft torque IIRC - last dyno before this was 318 at the fly