PDA

View Full Version : What pads for the Galant VR4 -01? please?

Eagleton
22-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Ok, I guess the first answer will be something like: "search!"

I have searched! and I dont really get in, on Kalle´s thread "what to buy and where" it says:

Pads (for standard calipers)

EBC Red Stuff pads partnr: DP3954C (Rear: DP3738C)
Retailers:
Several retailers, no problem finding them.
Prices:
£50-60

When I checked EBC´s webpage with the partnumbers, the front pads are for FTO 94-95. Okey, so it´s possible that they fit our VR4´s but when I scrolled down the thingy, they have pads for Lagnum VR4 96-, Legnum 2.5L 98- and so on. Wouldnt these fit my car?

Webpages:
http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/search/default.asp?part=DP3954C&v1=car&t1=&x=21&y=11

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/search/default.asp?part=DP3738C&v1=car&t1=&x=15&y=2

Which should I buy? I´m comfused and I need good pads ASAP!

Nick Mann
22-05-2007, 08:42 PM
The ones in the first link. If you click the down arrow by the FTO, it shows the listing for all the cars it should fit, including the VR4. These have the same part number as Kalles post.
The pads in the second link do not say VR4 anywhere.

Kieran
22-05-2007, 08:47 PM
The part numbers in Kalle's thread are correct.:scholar:

That site seems a little inaccurate. It gets the fronts correct if you choose legnum, but not the rears.:scholar:

Eagleton
23-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Thank guys!

How about the pads for the handbrake, what brand makes good quality pads for the VR4´s?

Nick Mann
23-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Who knows? Why do you need good quality shoes for the handbrake? If it helps, it is the same fitment as Evos 4-8, both with and without Brembos, and possibly more.

thetyrant
24-05-2007, 07:28 AM
If your after something more performance orientated we can help :)...do a search for Carbotech on here and www.lancerregister.com for more feedback.

Cheers
Ian

orionn2o
24-05-2007, 07:35 PM
everyone praised ferrodo ds2500s back when i was looking. are they crap now??

Kieran
24-05-2007, 08:05 PM
everyone praised ferrodo ds2500s back when i was looking. are they crap now??

DS2500s still get a lot of praise. I have had DS2500s on Ariadne (when I got her from Nick) but It's difficult for me to give an objective comparrison as it was a long time ago and they were past their best.

On paper at least, I think the thing that sets the Carbotechs apart is their friction coefficient - it's about 0.5+, even for the non disc chomping race pads. That's somewhat higher than most pads you see (mega hard race pads excepted).

Carbotechs certainly get high praise on the MLR, and also the few members that have fitted them on here have also highly rated them - PSB in particular claims to have suffered internal injuries from the deceleration trauma he's experienced.....

stuartturbo
24-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Carbotechs certainly get high praise on the MLR, and also the few members that have fitted them on here have also highly rated them - PSB in particular claims to have suffered internal injuries from the deceleration trauma he's experienced.....

not much to say apart from there are GREAT
Some moan about squeel but mine are ok
by the way i need some rears now should have brought the full set the other month/pan

Eagleton
28-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Who knows? Why do you need good quality shoes for the handbrake? If it helps, it is the same fitment as Evos 4-8, both with and without Brembos, and possibly more.

Thanks! That´s very usefull info! That opens alot more options.