PDA

View Full Version : More Boost, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!

Paulie
23-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Ok, Ive got the new bits itch, I think its time for a boost controller, and I would like to know who has what, How much they were, and how good they are?? Do any stand out from the crowd?? And is it worth spending the money on electronic, over manual?? What gains will I feel....etc.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, as id like to make a well informed choice on this one!!
Cheers guys
./pan

BraindG
23-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Im not the most technical, however...

Once you go boost you wont look back, thats for sure.

I have an HKS EVC IV, which does spike badly, once when running at 1.1 it ventured dangerously close to 1.3 (some ppl have lost engines at this) - so i dont think the HKS one is the best one to have, tbh.

Paulie
23-05-2007, 03:58 PM
HKS EVC IV :thinking: This one is a NO then!!

Paulie
23-05-2007, 04:04 PM
TA for the Advice/Warning though!

BraindG
23-05-2007, 04:39 PM
dont get me wrong, its good - just not one of the best :)

Wouter
23-05-2007, 04:58 PM
WODJNO was selling some Greddy Profec E-01 units.

They can be connected to the E-manage ultimate.

He had a couple on Ebay last week.

If I had the money then thats the baby I'd go for. My problem is that I need to get so Teins first!!

Physician
23-05-2007, 05:12 PM
This one was recommended to me Paulie ..........

Very reasonably priced.

Boost Controller (http://www.turborevs.org.uk/Electronic%20Boost%20Controller.htm)

Nutter_John
23-05-2007, 05:14 PM
That one may be off the recomended list as AderC has been having some teething troubles .

My own recomendation is the Apexi AVCR as it has been 100% stable for me over the last year , also it is very flashy :D

colVR4
23-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Greddy Profec B-Spec II is relatively inexpensive, easy to install and set-up and very reliable. Will easily maintain the boost levels that you will be looking at (0.9-1.0 bar probably) with very little drop off at high revs. Fits nicely in the cigarette packet holder on the right hand side of the dashboard :)

Wodjno
23-05-2007, 06:19 PM

If I had the money then thats the baby I'd go for. My problem is that I need to get so Teins first!!

As above the E-01 can be connected to the E-manage Blue, to allow you to control fuelling, ignition etc.. It has a hell of a lot of features../yes
I love it and so does everyone else i know who has 1 with no negatives as yet.

Each to there own though as they say /yes

But you know where i am if you need 1 :D

Spirit
23-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Currently have a Blitz Dual SBC fitted, simple to use and fairly effective....however I am considering a change (if we decide to keep the car) and will probably go the Apexi AVCR route this time.....in combination with the AFC.

Beastlee
23-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Apexi would be my route, I have the RSM and it's great. AVC-R would follow with the AFC after that. THe Greddy is nice though and I would consider the whole package for it.

Kieran
23-05-2007, 09:16 PM
HKS EVC IV :thinking: This one is a NO then!!

Hang on.... Barry, I thought you had the EVC V? The one that looks like this?

http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/HKS_EVC_V-HKS_EVC_V.asp

Reason I ask is that Nick Mann has this EVC, and it's a joy to set up - So easy! And it also holds stable boost. I'm sure it's the EVC IV.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-evc_si.htm

BraindG
23-05-2007, 09:27 PM
yeah i meant 5 :oops: - it still spikes like a bugga though - and thats when ive been looking at it, also ive got the alarm set to 1.2 (something) and it seems to go off alot when i hoof it.

Wodjno
23-05-2007, 09:33 PM
yeah i meant 5 :oops: - it still spikes like a bugga though - and thats when ive been looking at it, also ive got the alarm set to 1.2 (something) and it seems to go off alot when i hoof it.

What is the set up like on it Barry ?

What control do you have Gain and Duty ?

caishanvr4
24-05-2007, 12:49 AM
That one may be off the recomended list as AderC has been having some teething troubles .

My own recomendation is the Apexi AVCR as it has been 100% stable for me over the last year , also it is very flashy :D

Im with john on this one. Avcr has been rock solid and high boost setting is amazing :afro:

valmes
24-05-2007, 02:30 AM

They can't. Not to e-manage Ultimate anyway... only to e-manage Blue.

Wouter
24-05-2007, 07:42 AM

Shows you how little I know about them!

Wodjno
24-05-2007, 09:33 AM

:D .....

As above the E-01 can be connected to the E-manage Blue, to allow you to control fuelling, ignition etc.. It has a hell of a lot of features..
I love it and so does everyone else i know who has 1 with no negatives as yet.

pezza
24-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Yep works well with EM Blue, been using the data logging and recording feature. and can graphically map it against boost, Throttle position, RPM, AFR etc... and edit fuel map.

On top of that being able to watch boost, and add offset where boost begins to tail off etc..

Its the one bit of kit I definately install on the NEXT leggie ..

E01 for me (even if I dint have EMblue) :thumbsup: