PDA

View Full Version : Bushes for V6

Rikki
24-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I have been told by the garage my rear bushes have seized on the car and are needing replaced as they cant adjust the wheel alignment.

Question is, can I get Poly bushes for the car? Might save me ££'s on Mits. Might be better just upgrading them all while the suspension is off.

psbarham
24-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I have been told by the garage my rear bushes have seized on the car and are needing replaced as they cant adjust the wheel alignment.

Question is, can I get Poly bushes for the car? Might save me ££'s on Mits. Might be better just upgrading them all while the suspension is off.

unfortunatly i had the same problem a while back , the only cure is a pair of rear track control arms (about 60 quid each from mitsu) and a pair of adjuster bolts , to remove them you need to cut either side of the bush , if you don't you WILL damage the rear subframe which isn't strong enough to reist the beating you need to administer to try to shift the bolt . also the easiest way to get at he bolts is remove the rear subframe which isn't as bad as it sounds , there are 4 bolts holding the sub frame on , 2 bolts on the trailing arms and the bottom damper bolts , undo the abs sensors under the car , and remove the hub asemblys to save bleeding the brakes , i think it took me just over an hour start to finish to remove the subframe , and about 20 mins a side to cut the bolts coz they are bloody hard so some high qaulity hacksaw blades are needed , any more questions just ask :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
25-05-2007, 01:26 PM
you only did that 2 months or so ago didnt you psb?

Rikki
25-05-2007, 02:17 PM
cheers psb. the mitsu parts were ordered today, suspension arms, joints etc! not costing as much as i thought it would so just told them to go ahead. wont be in till wednesday though.

had a look at another post a wee while back, about getting a poly bar and cutting them with a lathe?! did any of that ever happen?

psbarham
25-05-2007, 09:36 PM
cheers psb. the mitsu parts were ordered today, suspension arms, joints etc! not costing as much as i thought it would so just told them to go ahead. wont be in till wednesday though.

had a look at another post a wee while back, about getting a poly bar and cutting them with a lathe?! did any of that ever happen?

nah house renovations have got in the way of the workshop renovation , sumink about 'more important' i still don't know what she means :thinking:

Paul Beazer
26-05-2007, 09:26 AM
nah house renovations have got in the way of the workshop renovation , sumink about 'more important' i still don't know what she means :thinking:
Whne you find out what she means, let me know please!

psbarham
26-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Whne you find out what she means, let me know please!

okey doket bro , it may take a while , its a job to decipher what she says half the time , the one i really struggle with is ' the cars working fine why do you need x/y/z ?' if anyone has any idea then please let me know asap :thinking:

bradc
26-05-2007, 11:21 AM
say that while it is working fine at the moment, the problem is a possible safety issue and it could end up very nasty if the problem isn't fixed now.

psbarham
26-05-2007, 01:18 PM
say that while it is working fine at the moment, the problem is a possible safety issue and it could end up very nasty if the problem isn't fixed now.
thats the one i normally say then she starts with the /nag

Paul Beazer
27-05-2007, 09:46 AM
okey doket bro , it may take a while , its a job to decipher what she says half the time , the one i really struggle with is ' the cars working fine why do you need x/y/z ?' if anyone has any idea then please let me know asap :thinking:
I think we may be living with the same woman or twins!

psbarham
27-05-2007, 09:52 AM
I think we may be living with the same woman or twins!
that explains a lot acctually , she always refer to me as pb , it must be to save confusion :thinking: