PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Seats

Beastlee
26-05-2007, 04:34 PM
So why did Mitsi make a car that can go round corners quite so well and then fit seats that throw you out of the doors? Heidi keeps complaining that she falls out of the leather seats every time we go around a roundabout or sharp bend so I told her I'd get some more suitable seats.
I'm finding it impossible to find a bucket seat that matches the tan leather so I'm now looking at alternatives but want something that has lots of adjusters on it, even electric memory if possible, that I can modify to fit. Does anyone know of any cars that have comfy adjustable seats that aren't going to cost the earth to buy?
I've looked at a few alernatives but they are all expensive so I'm considering Ford Recaros and I'll worry about adjusting them later. I've also considered the front seats from a 9000 Aero as nothing has ever been as comfy but they come at a hefty price and would be black, blue or cream (nothing like the tan).

Any ideas welcomed.

Gowf
26-05-2007, 05:43 PM
The seats that i had in my audi s6 were really nice. Black leather with blue alcantara centres, fully electric with memory. They wern't recaros, but they really did hold you in and were very comfortable. Oh... and they had a nice foot rest that folded out of the bottom. I can only imagine that they would cost a fair bit though.

Beastlee
26-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah some are on there for about £2K! I'd rather spend the money on the Aeros.

Gowf
26-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah some are on there for about £2K! I'd rather spend the money on the Aeros.

Is that what there going for?...
When i smashed mine, and it really was mint, not a mark on it anywhere, i only got 5k for it from the insurance. Did think about keeping it and scrapping it myself. Looks like i should have!!!

ralliart-type-s
30-05-2007, 11:10 PM
So why did Mitsi make a car that can go round corners quite so well and then fit seats that throw you out of the doors? Heidi keeps complaining that she falls out of the leather seats every time we go around a roundabout or sharp bend so I told her I'd get some more suitable seats.
I'm finding it impossible to find a bucket seat that matches the tan leather so I'm now looking at alternatives but want something that has lots of adjusters on it, even electric memory if possible, that I can modify to fit. Does anyone know of any cars that have comfy adjustable seats that aren't going to cost the earth to buy?
I've looked at a few alernatives but they are all expensive so I'm considering Ford Recaros and I'll worry about adjusting them later. I've also considered the front seats from a 9000 Aero as nothing has ever been as comfy but they come at a hefty price and would be black, blue or cream (nothing like the tan).

Any ideas welcomed.

I'd get a pair of tatty FTO seats ( £50) and get them retrimmed to suit the car (£200) nice and supportive but not a lot of adjustment. I've seen cheap bucket seats on e-bay that are beige vinyl but they are CHEAP! Bride seats are reallt supportive, jap boys and drifters love 'em for their support. I had a pair in my pajero and held me really tight while at all kinds of wierd off road angles! And I'm 20 stone!

ANTHONY
30-05-2007, 11:15 PM
the diddingtonwizard was selling his super vr-4 interior which had recaros

ralliart-type-s
30-05-2007, 11:35 PM
the diddingtonwizard was selling his super vr-4 interior which had recaros

And theres only 5 people in the q 4 them.

Beastlee
31-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Sorry but the Recaro interior doesn't do it for me. I can't believe they fitted that and the gopping red wheel to such a great car.

bradc
31-05-2007, 08:32 AM
the red wheel and carpets are yucky, but the Recaro's by themselves are fantastic.

Brunty
31-05-2007, 08:54 AM
the red wheel and carpets are yucky, but the Recaro's by themselves are fantastic.

Eh? I thought you were berating them in the posts where you discuss your upgrade to the Evo 6 Recaros - or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Again. /dunce

Personally I think full on race and/or molded bucket seats are out of keeping with the car, I reckon the VR4 Recaros (retrimed) or a swap in from on FTO (also retrimmed) or Evo look just the job.

bradc
31-05-2007, 08:58 AM
I was meaning compared to the stock seats or the stock leather seats which are simply terrible! On a score out of 10 I give:

stock fabric seats = 2
stock leather seats = 2 they are worse when cornering but at least they are nice to sit on
stock recaros = 6 they are great around corners, but I couldn't get comfortable on them when driving long distances
tme 6.5 recars = 8 they could still be better around the lower back, but other than that minor quibble they are the best car seats I've ever sat in.

Brunty
31-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Cool thanks Brad - 2/10 you're a harsh critic aren't you!

bradc
31-05-2007, 10:08 AM
thats because they are just a completely average boring seat with no nice features at all.

HJM
31-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Just keep the seats and buy a pair of CG Locks (£30+ each) to keep you in place for any spirited driving /rally

H

Kieran
31-05-2007, 03:35 PM
CG Locks?

HJM
31-05-2007, 04:26 PM
CG Locks?

Regular trackers will know what these are :scholar:

I'll post a link up later, unless someone beats me to it.

I've got one and they are very useful as they provide most of the benefits of a harness with a fraction of the agro :pimp2:

H

Throbbe
31-05-2007, 05:31 PM
clickage for linkitude (http://www.cg-lock.com/track.html)

ralliart-type-s
03-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Get some velcro pants!