PDA

View Full Version : foot rot ?? (Don't read this thread if you're squeamish!!)

SGHOM
26-05-2007, 10:42 PM
not work or kids safe... be warned. :thinking:

I think I oughta get this seen to ?? do ya fink ?

smarts a bit ! /Grrr & before you ask, yes, it is my foot. tried alsorts of creams & lotions to no avail. :inquisiti

Brunty
26-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Once again I'll give you 24hrs before you shuffle off this mortal coil.

All well and good trying loads of creams but have you spoken to a doctor yet?

Nutter_John
26-05-2007, 11:07 PM
you need some antibiotic cream for that , something like fucibet which is a mild anti bacterial / anti biotic with steriods in

SGHOM
26-05-2007, 11:22 PM
tried mycota for the past few weeks. certainly helped ......... NOT /Grrr

Kieran
27-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Get your ass down to the doctors!! /pan /pan /pan

SGHOM
27-05-2007, 07:38 AM

I think I might take a drive up to the walk in centre at the hospital this morning.:thinking: See if they can get me something a bit stronger than over the counter stuff.
I'm fed up of leaving bits of skin all over the duvet at night !! eewww !! :sick2: :sick2:

TAR
27-05-2007, 11:53 AM

Kieran, I think its his foot that need attention /pan

Beastlee
27-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Lol @ Tar

Kieran
27-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Kieran, I think its his foot that need attention /pan

/duh

I-S
27-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I think I might take a drive up to the walk in centre at the hospital this morning

Oh, the irony.

Crickle
27-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Looks like a BAD case of athletes foot. I had it once, some how cured it by rolling on anti perspirant "mum" deodorant for a few weeks. I was only 11!

Beastlee
27-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Listerine wil kill it in a day, amazing stuff but it will sting like hell.

This is not a joke, Listerine is a wonder when it comes to antisceptic and anti-bacterial. Trust me i works.

amsoil
27-05-2007, 04:40 PM
I think you will find that you can now days be prescribed a course of tablets that totally wipe out fungial infections. Thewy give you a cream to calm things down whilst the effects of the medication kick in.
Bermc is the man to ask

vr4moose
27-05-2007, 06:19 PM
not work or kids safe... be warned. :thinking:

I think I oughta get this seen to ?? do ya fink ?

smarts a bit ! /Grrr & before you ask, yes, it is my foot. tried alsorts of creams & lotions to no avail. :inquisiti
a large axe would sort it...

amsoil
27-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I was waiting for one like that LOL

djb160
28-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Hows it smell, if putrid "run?" for the doctors or (whats your version of 911 over there?)

ralliart-type-s
28-05-2007, 03:22 PM
This scares me. being at the gym every day, if someone has it and been in changing rooms b4 me I and every one else ends up with it. Most ppl don't care about spreading it cos it doesnt affect them!

bernmc
28-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Bermc is the man to ask

I recommend he sees a doctor :D

Needs to be swabbed Smelly One and sample sent off to microbiology. If it is fungal, the yes, there are tablets available to go with the cream. Problem is it may have a bacterial infection festering in there too, which will need antibiotics as well.

Keep it clean and dry, and get to the doc - they make a quarter of a million quid a year - might as well make them earn it with your festering foot!

Alex
28-05-2007, 06:35 PM
TBH I certainly wouldn't try to self medicate. In my late teens I developed lots of little blisters on my hands. I duly went to my GP who prescribed me some cream. When this made it worse I went back to the surgery and saw another GP. He told me that the problem had been misdiagnosed (I can;t remember either diagnosis), and that the cream I'd been given has caused an infection to develop, which had sparked off eczema. He gave me some new cream, which cleared it up, but I still get eczema on my hands today/Grrr

The point of my story isn't to pan my GP, but just to point out that if these things can be made worse by a GP's mis-diagnosis, what hope have you got sorting it out on your own.

Hope you get it sorted anyway D.

And Maggie, I'd wear socks in bed if I were you :)

Physician
28-05-2007, 06:54 PM
And Maggie, I'd wear socks in bed if I were you :)

Why?

Oh nooooooooooo! I hadn't realised they were THAT close! :inquisiti

Physician
28-05-2007, 06:59 PM
By the way Derek ......... you don't have a similar condition around your mouth do you? :thinking:

Brunty
28-05-2007, 07:25 PM
This scares me. being at the gym every day, if someone has it and been in changing rooms b4 me I and every one else ends up with it. Most ppl don't care about spreading it cos it doesnt affect them!

Don't worry I've got a sneaking suspicion that Derek always wears his flipflops after a hard workout in the gym.

Been to the Doc's yet D?

Lillywotsername
28-05-2007, 07:39 PM
He has been down at WRD HQ today...... He did tell me earlier that he went to the drop in clinic who gave him some cream but has to see his GP.

SGHOM
28-05-2007, 07:48 PM
And Maggie, I'd wear socks in bed if I were you :)[/QUOTE]

What like Derek does /haz /haz :end: /haz /pan

this is Maggie by the way xx

Lillywotsername
28-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I was just going to say.... he hasn't spared the ponies getting home. I only left the garage 45 mins ago and he hadn't left yet.

Paul Beazer
29-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I recommend he sees a doctor :D

Needs to be swabbed Smelly One and sample sent off to microbiology. If it is fungal, the yes, there are tablets available to go with the cream. Problem is it may have a bacterial infection festering in there too, which will need antibiotics as well.

Keep it clean and dry, and get to the doc - they make a quarter of a million quid a year - might as well make them earn it with your festering foot!

Seeing as how the doctor is in (BTW Derek that does look like athletes foot. The skin looks like its damp from sweat and athletes foot bacteria LOVES sweaty feet)

Bern, i've got something like athletes foot, but its on the arch of my foot and looks like lots of small blisters. I was advised by my GP to try Lamisil Once, but even Lamisil Twice hasnt touched it! It can be a bit itchy and im getting fed up with this!! I've had it for a while, so i dont know if its just entrenched and is going to take some shifting.

TIA

Crickle
29-05-2007, 01:57 PM
My atheletes foot never ever came back after that incident when I used the roll on. I think i might have a veruca now tho :(
The world is crawling with bugs, infections and foot rot! Makes you paranoid. Then to top it, everything gives you cancer these days too! I don't get it, I think we are either to sterile and creating more bugs or people are just plain filthy! i think maybe a combination of the two personally.

Hope your foot rot gets better Fred!

bernmc
29-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Seeing as how the doctor is in (BTW Derek that does look like athletes foot. The skin looks like its damp from sweat and athletes foot bacteria LOVES sweaty feet)

Bern, i've got something like athletes foot, but its on the arch of my foot and looks like lots of small blisters. I was advised by my GP to try Lamisil Once, but even Lamisil Twice hasnt touched it! It can be a bit itchy and im getting fed up with this!! I've had it for a while, so i dont know if its just entrenched and is going to take some shifting.

TIA

Sounds like herpes you dirty bast4rd!

But seriously. Definately herpes. Where have you had that foot :o??

No not really...;) Difficult to know without seeing it. Skin Fungal infections don't usually blister - and they tend to like the craggy bits inbetween your toes first, so I'd be a bit suspicious of the GP's diagnosis. You're a bit old for Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease. Could be plantar warts - they're not actually blisters, but can look like tiny clear sacs in the skin.

I'd go back, and if the GP doesn't have anything sensible to say, ask for a referral to a dermatologist.

SGHOM
29-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks 4 all yr help guys :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

A trip to the local hospital on sat just comfirmed what I already knew. ie; It is athlete's foot, & I do need to try some different creams. Also a trip to the docs is planned [ one day] :thinking:
I've also binned my slippers & trainers etc & bought new ones. I do think they were harbouring the infection. /pan

TY.

TAR
29-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Maybe Derek, you need to be a little less athletic? :thinking: :laugh:

Paul Beazer
29-05-2007, 07:17 PM
You're a bit old for Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease. Could be plantar warts - they're not actually blisters, but can look like tiny clear sacs in the skin.

I'd go back, and if the GP doesn't have anything sensible to say, ask for a referral to a dermatologist.
How very dare you! How old do you think i am? (I am only 34!)

Thanks for the advice bern, time to bug the doc AGAIN!

Kieran
29-05-2007, 11:47 PM
How very dare you! How old do you think i am? (I am only 34!)

:speechles Really?

If you'd known you were going to live this long, would you have taken better care of yourself?!:inquisiti

snickells
30-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Burn all your socks and buy new one's..

Paul Beazer
30-05-2007, 07:40 AM
:speechles Really?

If you'd known you were going to live this long, would you have taken better care of yourself?!:inquisiti
Carry on like that and i'll deffo outlive you!/pan

Kieran
30-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Carry on like that and i'll deffo outlive you!/pan

/Devil5