PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the car speed signal input for my Pioneer AVIC-HD1BT headunit?

MarkSanne
26-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Next to functioning as an FM radio/DVD/MP3/harddisk/navigation/bluetooth carkit, this system also contains a function called "Vehicle dynamics" which shows accelleration (in G force), speed (GPS measured), number of degrees while cornering, the amount of Volts provided, etc. This thing has it's own 3D gyro to measure some of these values. For the use of these readings and the navigation system (while drive in a tunnel for example) the system also has an external lead that you can connect to the 'speed signal input' of the car.

This is what the manual says about it:

Pink lead (CAR SPEED SIGNAL INPUT)
The mobile navigation system is connected here to detect the distance the vehicle travels. Always connect the vehicle’s speed detection circuit or the ND-PG1 speed pulse generator, sold separately. Failure to make this connection will increase errors in the location display.

IMPROPER CONNECTION MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS DAMAGE OR INJURY INCLUDING ELECTRICAL SHOCK, AND INTERFERENCE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE VEHICLE’S ANTILOCK BRAKING SYSTEM, AUTOMATIC GEARBOX AND SPEEDOMETER INDICATION.

It is strongly suggested that the speed pulse wire be connected for accuracy of navigation and better performance of interlock.

Can anyone help me find the connector/lead/whatever to this 'speed signal input'?
Thanks a lot!

Nutter_John
26-05-2007, 11:34 PM
pin 16 of the 22 pin connector into the ecu ( pins run from 1 -> 11 on the top row and 12 -> 22 on the bottom row )

This info is in the members area and also on the instructions for an Apexi RSM

MarkSanne
26-05-2007, 11:38 PM
pin 16 of the 22 pin connector into the ecu ( pins run from 1 -> 11 on the top row and 12 -> 22 on the bottom row )

This info is in the members area and also on the instructions for an Apexi RSM

Thanks a lot! I used the search first but couldn't find it (or not really sure about things mentioned in some topics). It'll probably have got something to do with my english skills... sorry!

Nutter_John
26-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Not an issue Mark , I'm just sad and remember the pin outs for the products we install :D

MarkSanne
26-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Not an issue Mark , I'm just sad and remember the pin outs for the products we install :D

Wow... so without even looking into a manual? That's somewhere between 'gifted' and 'nuts' ;)

But how can we cheer you up John? Would a couple of nice pictures like these help any?

Kieran
27-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Good Lord! Look at that last picture! I wonder if that car would have started okay?

MarkSanne
27-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Good Lord! Look at that last picture! I wonder if that car would have started okay?

haha, no problem what so ever (is was mine this winter in austria after 3 days of continues snow).

Brunty
27-05-2007, 10:00 AM
haha, no problem what so ever (is was mine this winter in austria after 3 days of continues snow).

If that's what it was like in Austria why on earth did I head to Wyoming?

I frequently hear great tales about people 'losing' their vehicles in snow - the best (and least likely to be true) was about a film crew who arrived at a ski resort parked their pickup and head up the mountain to film. It snowed so hard they couldn't film and booked themselves into the local hotel for a few nights until the snow stopped. After a week of continuous snow they had to leave for their next assignment - but their car wasn't where they'd left it. That parking space was taken by small hatchback.

They called the resorts sheriff out to the parking spot and explained how they remembered parking inline with the adjacent building and that their car must have been stolen. "Are you sure?" asked the sheriff as he couldn't recall the last time a vehicle was stolen in his resort. "Positive" they replied. So the sheriff took an avalanche probe (3metre long poking stick) and proceeded to find their car - where they had left it under several meters of snow with the hatchback parked on top!

John - my car will be with you for the stereo install soon - will advise on instructions and model type shortly.