PDA

View Full Version : Brembos on a prefacelift

wrdmotorsport
27-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Anybody interested in Brembos on a prefacelift we are 99% there.

These are not evo brembos they are from a different car and with a few adjustments to the calipers and discs these use standard discs but you will need wheels that fit an evo with a 38 offset see pics below.(sorry for the pics taken with my phone).

Rich

OK to clear a few things up Ive done this to help people get better brakes without having to go and see the bank manager.

yes: It is better to get bigger discs.
yes: yes the standard discs will get hot.
Yes: we will be able to ship world wide but that may start getting very expensive.
The cost of this set up is likely to be about £400

We are looking in to radial brakes for those how want bigger.(but this has been done by other people and dose not seem to have a big up take.)

Wouter
27-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Well done chaps!! :thumbsup:

Lillywotsername
27-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Me me me me me me !!!!!! You know you want to Richy.

Beastlee
27-05-2007, 06:30 PM
What sort of cost will these be?

What are those lovely black wheels? ;)

bradc
27-05-2007, 08:44 PM
those black wheels are Derek's very fragile 18" wheels that are no longer in production.

What car did you nick them off? sti?

richy rich
27-05-2007, 08:55 PM
those black wheels are Derek's very fragile 18" wheels that are no longer in production.

What car did you nick them off? sti?
yes no

CANDEE
27-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Hmmm what are they off??? Honda of some sort???

gazberwick
30-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I am interested...whats the cost..altho i really want biggger discs too...what are the options?

Gaza

d i c k i e s
30-05-2007, 11:47 PM
hmm its got the mitsi logo centre cap thingie.

Davezj
31-05-2007, 01:31 PM
could be interested whats the cost?

Paul Beazer
31-05-2007, 01:47 PM

These are not evo brembos they are from a different car and with a few adjustments to the calipers and discs these use standard discs but you will need wheels that fit an evo with a 38 offset see pics below.(sorry for the pics taken with my phone).

Rich
Is that a plughole crap catcher on the bumper in pic #3??

WildCards
31-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Are the brakes from the Vag family? Porsche/Audi/VW?

Or a Peugeot Coupe V6 or Fiat Coupe

g6acb
31-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Are the brakes from the Vag family? Porsche/Audi/VW?

I thought Seat Cupra myself......

WildCards
31-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I thought Seat Cupra myself......

Yeah or that :iloveyou:

But don't they all fit each other? So if SEAT, VW or Audi ones fit, Porsche ones should do aswell? and if they do Porsche Brembo's tend to be monoblock design so should be stronger than the EVO counterparts.

SGHOM
31-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah or that :iloveyou:

But don't they all fit each other? So if SEAT, VW or Audi ones fit, Porsche ones should do aswell? and if they do Porsche Brembo's tend to be monoblock design so should be stronger than the EVO counterparts.

It's a bit more complexicated than that. bear with us. :inquisiti

Crossbow
31-05-2007, 09:18 PM
I need to do my brakes soon I was thinking this mod will be just the dog ...
so how much will it be then boys

bradc
31-05-2007, 09:22 PM
the car in your sig looks like a facelift, so you should be able to install Brembo's straight from an evo.

Crossbow
31-05-2007, 09:37 PM
no the one I have is a 1997 Galant that sig was my son's handy work he love this just as much as me

Davezj
03-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I ask this because i don't know the answer.

As i see it the cuurent Prefacelift brakes are not really up to the job of stopping the vr4 after a spirited drive. I have standard brakes and they get very hot and even smoke after the drive.

if you only change the calliper and use standard disks then you are just going to put more heat into the disk more quickly and they will smoke sooner.

Is it not true that one of the reasons for getting bigger brakes is because bigger disks disapate heat better, and that is what is required from the upgrade on a VR4.

I do understand that the 4 pot configuration will stop the car faster but will bring on brake fade much sooner, due to the extra heat build up.

Do the pro's beat the Con's?

If so then depending on cost i will be interested in a set for the front.

what car do the brembo's come from?

Cheers

Dave

d i c k i e s
03-06-2007, 01:38 PM
can find them on evos mostly!

White Lightning
03-06-2007, 02:27 PM

From Rich's first post:

"These are not evo brembos they are from a different car and with a few adjustments to the calipers and discs these use standard discs but you will need wheels that fit an evo with a 38 offset see pics below.(sorry for the pics taken with my phone)."

naughtika
03-06-2007, 05:23 PM

Rich

these looks promising to us PFL owners.. when you say 'standard discs' do you mean the standar discs that came with the EVO's or the ones that came off from the VR4's..

sorry for the noob question.. just wanna clear things up.. :)

Gly
04-06-2007, 04:21 AM
looks like standard sized vr4 disks to me

VR-04-TT
04-06-2007, 05:07 AM
I'll be very interested when they're done too!!!

I hope you'll ship to australia ;)

richy rich
04-06-2007, 09:02 AM
OK to clear a few things up Ive done this to help people get better brakes without having to go and see the bank manager.

Yes: It is using standard Pre face lift discs.
Yes: we will be able to ship world wide but that may start getting very expensive.

We are looking in to radial brakes for those how want bigger.(but this has been done by other people and dose not seem to have a big up take.)

wrdmotorsport
04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Is that a plughole crap catcher on the bumper in pic #3??
Ive started on a design for brake air cooling.

wrdmotorsport
04-06-2007, 09:11 AM
They are not evo ones.

Davezj
16-06-2007, 06:16 PM
do the callipers bolt to the bracket from the top or the side?

I have seen some that bolt from the top and it would be much easier to fabricate a bracket to attach the calliper than the side mounts ones as space is very tight under there.

I would be interested to know you thoughts.

Cheers Dave

d i c k i e s
19-06-2007, 01:38 AM
They are not evo ones.

didnt say they were from an evo? the question was asked "what car do the brembo's come from?" thefore i said u can find them on evos... though yes theres modding involved in doing so.... please read next time!!

d i c k i e s
19-06-2007, 01:39 AM
From Rich's first post:

"These are not evo brembos they are from a different car and with a few adjustments to the calipers and discs these use standard discs but you will need wheels that fit an evo with a 38 offset see pics below.(sorry for the pics taken with my phone)."

Please read my previous post! ^^^^

naughtika
20-06-2007, 05:30 AM

when you say 'it is better to get bigger discs'

what size disc should we get? evo VI+?

and what would be the maximum diameter we can use on these kit? 330mm or 350mm+?!

bradc
20-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Thats dependant on what the calipers were designed for as well as what size wheel you have. I would imagine 320-330mm discs would be fine.

richy rich
20-06-2007, 09:58 AM

Rich

The cost of this set up is likely to be about £400

bigsed
22-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I would be intersted in better brakes on a budget! I have now experienced the alarming brake fade on the VR4, and need to do somethign about it before I go on track! Cheers.

Brunty
22-06-2007, 01:14 PM
I would be intersted in better brakes on a budget! I have now experienced the alarming brake fade on the VR4, and need to do somethign about it before I go on track! Cheers.

Definately not fun on track for sure.

richy rich
22-06-2007, 09:30 PM
These are now on my car.

VR-04-TT
23-06-2007, 04:39 AM

I'm not too worried about shipping expenses as I'd rather buy from an experienced VR4 modding company overseas than a place that's new to it here.

Any news on if they're ready for sale yet?

Nutter_John
23-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Richy is testing them on his car over the next couple of weeks , once we are happy we will be releasing them to the all our friends on CVR4 :2thumbsup

VR-04-TT
24-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Awesome :D I'll start saving, I *still* don't have my car yet lol

bigsed
14-07-2007, 05:10 PM
It's been a few weeks now, how is the trial going?

VR-04-TT
16-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I have a tax return coming soon, so I can definitely buy a set :) When are they being released?

VR-04-TT
25-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Sorry to bug...but is there any news on these?

Cheers guys :)

Gly
25-07-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25779

WRD are closed.