PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone name these Coilovers?

mpau009
29-05-2007, 07:41 AM
I got them off Timo's wreck on the weekend, and they are a damn sight better than my old beat up Teins.. Much more solid, but not assbreakingly brutal.:iloveyou:

But theres no markings on them at all, just a much thicker shock rod compared to the teins (shorter total length too), a silver body, black springs and a pinkish rubber bit between the keeper springs on the rear.

Also the have Pillowball type top mounts front and rear.

I thought they may have been like those N1's someone was selling a while back, but those had much more thread. Also, HKS did some with a silver body, but they seem to always use purple locking rings.

Iv been googling like no ones business, but i cant seem to get any closer.

Maybe some generic type of coilover?

bradc
29-05-2007, 08:02 AM
hard to say, but it sounds like you were lucky and got a good deal

Gly
29-05-2007, 08:09 AM
lol,

the guy didnt even know he had coil overs till i told him,

he was a nice guy, so i didnt with hold info... i could have had a cheap spare set!

mpau009
29-05-2007, 08:31 AM
lol,

the guy didnt even know he had coil overs till i told him,

he was a nice guy, so i didnt with hold info... i could have had a cheap spare set!

Yeah i didnt quivel the price, since i got his washer bottle and pump for the same price.

I was a bit dubious about the condition with the state of his wreck, but apart from one noticable clang when i dropped it down, they seem good. Certainly feel the road more, but takes up the worst of the **** roads around where i am. If that makes sense. And zero rattles:iloveyou: Id gotten so used to it, the car seems silent in comparison.

Id just kinda like to know what i'm dealing with if i need anything in future..

ralliart-type-s
30-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I think that they are hks ones due to the purple collar under the assistor spring, also not many others have such a thick shaft. (oooeer!) a

mpau009
31-05-2007, 05:45 AM
I think that they are hks ones due to the purple collar under the assistor spring, also not many others have such a thick shaft. (oooeer!) a

Thanks, I had thought so too judging by the silver, and the same sized locking rings. But all the pics i can find they have an anodised purple locking rings.

Any thoughts as to what model? Im guessing they must be a few years old by now.

Also, i forgot to mention that the bottom 2 inches of the front shocks are hollow, as in the bit where the fork piece slides over. Id never seen that before either.

I'll have a decent google around tonight.

jpnvr4
15-06-2007, 01:21 AM
they look something like what U could get fron RS*R... nice!!!!