Nick VR4
07-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Who here has a radar detector
I have one the Snooper SD715iS its ok
Tends to like the CCTV cams at Tesco's etc
And the Camera's on some Traffic lights even with the city mode on

BraindG
07-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Im saving up for a Road Angel - my mates got one, and they are awsome, im sure youve heard of them so ill not go on about it.. so for just now just relying on my 6th sense....

Nick VR4
07-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by BraindG
so for just now just relying on my 6th sense....

INSERT INTO post VALUES (Whispered voice) you talk to dead people
And thay tell you there's a camera or a policeman with a gun round the corner :D :p

http://www.toptown.com/dorms/creedstonegate/movie/6th4.jpgPpssssst ..... "There's a Gatso round the corner"

Roadrunner
07-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Yep, fully tooled up with a Road Angel, a Snooper SD815iS, an SLD920 and MkI eyeballs ;) :D

Brian

Brind
07-05-2003, 07:00 PM
I don't have anything, I just use the "OH SH** there's one" *slam on brakes*
And then the usual mumble about how pointless most of them are and where they've been put.

I heard great things about the Road Angel.

Pescha
07-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Yip I have one it's a Uniden 360 degree laser sst 5 band detector, model SWS 5000. It has digital voice and is VG 2 undetectable INSERT INTO post VALUES (what ever that is) lol... It's save our butts several times!:p

Cheers,
Pescha!

Matt1e
08-05-2003, 08:58 PM
seizure of cars in nz ? for speeding offences....

It was in trial just down the road from ya pescha m8......back in '92-93

used to live in birkenhead INSERT INTO post VALUES (north shore auckland) and then hamilton too......

Pescha
08-05-2003, 09:09 PM
No not the car, we have demerit points here. Which means the following

What is the scale of demerit points for traffic infringements?

1-10 kms/h 10 demerit pts
11-20 kms/h 20 demerit pts
21-30 kms/h 35 demerit pts
31-35 kms/h 40 demerit pts
36 kms/h and above 50 demerit pts

If you get 100 or more demerit points within 2 years, you will be suspended from driving for 3 months.

__________________________________________________ ________

Also this Act came in last week

The "Boy Racer" Act
The Land Transport INSERT INTO post VALUES (Unauthorised Street and Drag Racing) Amendment Act 2003 is aimed at street racing and burnouts in public places and came into force on 1 May 2003.There are heavy penalties for breaking the new laws. Existing laws against noisy or modified vehicles still apply.

If you drive a car in an illegal street race or accelerate in an unnecessary way on a road, or, if you do wheel spins, "donuts" or drive a car on a road in a way that causes the car to loose traction INSERT INTO post VALUES (unless authorised by law):

You could face 3 months in prison, or fines up to $4,500; and lose your licence for at least 6 months.

Police may impound your car for 28 days at your expense - effective immediately.

If you injure or kill someone while doing this, you could go to prison for up to 5 years, or face a fine up to $20,000 and lose your licence for 1 year.
If you pour or spill petrol, oil, diesel fuel, or any other any other slippery substance likely to cause a vehicle to lose traction, onto any road.

You could face an infringement fee of $600, or if it goes to Court, a fine up to $3,000.

See also:

More questions and anwsers about The Land Transport INSERT INTO post VALUES (Unauthorised Street and Drag Racing) Amendment Act 2003.
Noisy exhausts and the warrant of fitness inspection from the Land Transport Safety Authority

Vehicle Impoundment

If your car is caught in an illegal street race, an unnecessary exhibition of speed, or a burnout, Police may impound the vehicle for 28 days at your expense - effective immediately.

If that happens, your car will be ordered off the road until you get a new warrant of fitness.

The new warrant can only be issued by an approved vehicle testing station run by the NZAA, On Road NZ, Vehicle Testing NZ, or Vehicle Inspection NZ. These agencies are listed in local telephone books.

The "Boy Racer" Act does not apply to street or car races which are authorised by law or held in legally designated areas - use them.

__________________________________________________ ________

So we not allowed to play no more!
:Cry1:

Cheers,
Pescha!

Ailsa
10-05-2003, 03:36 PM
We have a radar detector - not sure what one it is but it shouts "K Band" INSERT INTO post VALUES (Caveman) a lot! It's quite cool - has saved me a few times!

Seb
13-05-2003, 01:20 AM
My Aunt's got a Bel Euro 550, which is very good. I borrowed it for a weekend in Devon, but alas, not many cameras out on the moors. And it didn't detect the sheep. When there are no sheep and plenty of cameras, it works much better.

chris g
13-05-2003, 11:31 PM
No, not got a radar detector but do have a Morpheous Geodesy for GATSO'S etc

Warns you of them by gps database as some others do

ritch_w
18-09-2003, 02:00 PM
I have the Snooper 815iS
its pretty good at picking up gatsos CCTV and tescos as well!

whats the difference between the likes of asnooper and the rod angel?

Nick VR4
18-09-2003, 02:42 PM
AFAIK
Road angel used GPS as well as picking up the scatter from gasto etc

Spirit
18-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Not one here yet either - nearly bought a Road Angel but money went elsewhere - but it's the one to go for I think

-LegnumVR4-
19-09-2003, 08:49 AM
Valentine One are the best in the World for radar detectors.

Many car mags have rated this radar as the best. it can tell u what direction it is picking up the signal INSERT INTO post VALUES (left, right, forward, backwards) it can tell u how many signals there are INSERT INTO post VALUES (just in case u slow down for one before the corner then there is another one just around the bend). Very trick.

http://www.valentineone.com/

pickigar
19-09-2003, 09:34 AM
I have just bought a Origin B2 Radar and laser detector. It uses GPS and a laser detector to detect everything possible that the police can throw at you!! It is very similar to a road angel but has more information on a little screen. It is a little more difficult to install than a road angel but i think it is worth it. You can have a look at www.networxautomotive.com.

Nick VR4
19-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by pickigar
You can have a look at www.networxautomotive.com.

All I get on the URL is
This is the "WebSTAR Server Suite Default Page". This TEST page is served by a web server running WebSTAR server software. This server has not yet been set up by the webmaster to serve the actual web site. If you have received this page and are not the webmaster, please contact the webmaster to inform him/her that the server is not properly configured. This server is not administered by 4D, Inc.

If you are the webmaster, congratulations! Your WebSTAR server is up and running. Now replace the 'default.html' file with your actual home page.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

banjo
20-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Got a 'Cheetah' which I've had for 12 years. Picks up all non-laser radar transmissions incl Gatsos and of course RF radiations from petrol stations, Tescos and other PC networks, but you learn to distinguish the signal from the display and bleep.

Thinking of upgrading to device with laser diffuser included to really stuff 'em!

I think the problem with GPS systems is that they tell you where the Gatsos are but not whether they're activated.

Ryan
22-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Valentine One are the best in the World for radar detectors.

Many car mags have rated this radar as the best. it can tell u what direction it is picking up the signal INSERT INTO post VALUES (left, right, forward, backwards) it can tell u how many signals there are INSERT INTO post VALUES (just in case u slow down for one before the corner then there is another one just around the bend). Very trick.

http://www.valentineone.com/

So - are they still the best?

danwins224
22-11-2008, 11:47 AM
I've got a road angel and use VAIL on the lighs and number plates. /rally

big stan
22-11-2008, 10:04 PM
i ve got a wife who screams slow down at pretty regular intervals.

Subaru ETA
23-11-2008, 06:43 AM
i have a valentine 1..however they are trying to ban them here!

shaun1978
23-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I have a snooper s5r and use it along with the speed camera watsimajig on tomtom.

elnevio
23-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I've got a road angel and use VAIL on the lighs and number plates. /rally
What's VAIL?

Kieran
23-11-2008, 02:39 PM
What's VAIL?

I think it's this stuff:

http://www.laserveil.com/

SGHOM
23-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I have an ORIGIN B2 going cheap if anyone wants it? :thinking:

danwins224
23-11-2008, 10:51 PM
I think it's this stuff:

http://www.laserveil.com/

thats the stuff, you just paint in on your lights, numberplate and any chrome or shinny stuff around the front of your car, bit of caution though, you dont know if its doing what its supposed to do, ie, lengthen the time it takes for a laser to lock on to you. All I can say is it seems to work for me, no speeding tickets in the 3 yrs I've been using it /rally