PDA

View Full Version : Outlining my VR-4 plans over the next 2 years

bradc
01-06-2007, 09:48 AM
My plans are fit into a few stages.

The first stage is to get the body kit put on, which consists of a front bumper, vented bonnet, rear bumper, side skirts, carbon fibre ganador side mirrors, evo 5/6 rear arches, vented guards and a Super VR-4 rear wing.
http://www.speedfactory.co.nz/img/bodykits/mitsubishi/galant/large/galanttype21.jpg front bumper
http://www.speedfactory.co.nz/img/bodykits/mitsubishi/galant/large/galantcrux4.jpg rear bumper
http://www.speedfactory.co.nz/img/bodykits/mitsubishi/galant/large/galantcrux2.jpg side skirts
I will keep the car painted trigger mauve, I have begun to like 'ugly purple' over the last few months, probably because I am used to 'boring white' on the prefacelift car. I'm thinking about getting the entire interior retrimmed to the same style of fabric as the TME Evo 6.5 Recaros, but this will cost a lot of money and the interior is in quite good shape. I want to get a lower gauge setup made that covers the stock sunglasses holder and ashtray and get 5 or 6 gauges installed there. Exactly what I'm not 100% sure of yet, I'm thinking fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, and maybe trans temp or air intake temp.

The next stage will be a minor performance improvement, including adjustable cam gears, fitting of evo 560cc injectors (the stock 390cc ones are at 94% at the moment) reinstalling my modified stock turbos if they can be repaired cheaply, engine oil cooler and a ram air intake into the cold air box. Might get the forged rods and pistons installed at this stage, depending on how much money I have. I also might get a custom intake manifold and fuel rail made up for the injectors, not 100% sure at the moment. I will also get the different gear ratios installed that I've been talking about so much.

Then there will be the final stage of custom exhaust manifolds, Garrett GT2554R turbos, dual fuel pumps, get my twin EGT gauges hooked up, new cams and a new twin 2.5" exhaust system straight from each turbo. Then get it tuned for 300kw at the wheels.

Other mods that I want to get sorted at some point are DBA 5000 series 2 piece front rotors and DBA 4000 series 1 piece rear rotors, an EVO 8/9 Super AYC diff, coilovers and after the body kit has been fitted and my current 235/40/17 GSD3's are worn down enough I will get the rear tyres spaced out by 9-15mm and get 255/40/17's all round. I'm also going to get a rear upper suspension brace at some point, and get my lower front brace installed.

mpau009
01-06-2007, 09:56 AM
:thinking: Gonna drive it?

other than between workshops i mean;)

Sounds like a hell of a project though, good luck, and the clock starts... NOW! Let it be known:evilgrin:

bradc
01-06-2007, 10:02 AM
haha, I've been driving it every day for the last two weeks, and I've been getting over 200km to the 3/4 full mark, so screw you all!!!! haha, when are you coming back up north Mike? You're welcome to come past my place on Monday, do you remember the way?

as far as timing goes, well I'm going to be buying a house soon to rent out, hopefully I can swing it so that I can get a similar amount from rent as what I need to pay on the mortgage, if that all goes through as planned then I will have the money in the next year.

mpau009
01-06-2007, 10:18 AM
haha, I've been driving it every day for the last two weeks, and I've been getting over 200km to the 3/4 full mark, so screw you all!!!! haha, when are you coming back up north Mike? You're welcome to come past my place on Monday, do you remember the way?

I have no idea. I dont fancy driving back hung over, so it might be quite late:P

Id be keen to have a look the weekend after though, depending on what your plans are. Iv got quite a good idea on the piping from the extra photos, but it would still be good to see the whole thing for real. Maybe you could do a mini meet for those keen to see it?

bradc
01-06-2007, 10:58 AM
well everyone is welcome at my house anytime :) I will be home all of monday, so if you do end up coming back at a suitable time then let me know. I'm going up to Diary Flat soon as well, so I'll have to fit a trip in to see you at the same time, possibly in about 3 weeks time.