PDA

View Full Version : Wehay!

RugbyPete
01-06-2007, 05:24 PM
PAssed MOT today :)

First car in a long while to do that. Took it to an MOT only centre, so no mechanics scouting for work.

A few bulbs need doing and theres some misting from a rear shock but apart from that its fine

In 6 months I'll convince the missus for some new shocks all round ;)

Now to find out what my emissions figures all mean

Brunty
01-06-2007, 05:50 PM
First car in a long while to do that. Took it to an MOT only centre, so no mechanics scouting for work.

Wow! Aren't you just having a successful day. Good point on the 'scouting for work' fallen foul of that myself before now.

richy rich
01-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow! Aren't you just having a successful day. Good point on the 'scouting for work' fallen foul of that myself before now.
yep £600 brake pipes /Grrr

Beastlee
01-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Must be pass the MOT day. Mine did the same earlier, although emissions were the only sore point.

Nick VR4
01-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Mrs car failed today :( needs new rear discs and pads £227 /Grrr

RugbyPete
01-06-2007, 10:36 PM

Put it this way, I went into my local garage the other week, two guys went in for MOT's, one owned a new saab and the other a new honda estate - both had MOT failures and quotes equalling over £250+... yeah right. this was the same garage i took my 200sx into WITH and ABS servo, they told be £1000 minimum...took it around the corner £45.

'MOT only' centres from now on, they were ace, and didnt shaft me on bulbs failing, instead told me what i needed to get done asap. Last mot by a national autoshop it was "all your brake lines are shot, £400 mate... oh and EVERY bulb on your car needs replacing so like they're only 40p but it takes time to do it all so comes to 600 quid all in"... yeah, thanks.

Slowly I'm finding who i can trust for honest work in the area, will get there eventually. Maybe I'll write a book.