PDA

View Full Version : Oil and Petrol filter location, thanks.

slaine
02-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi there, good afternoon.

I'm waiting now to recevie an air kit I bought from the states, let's see what I get...:thinking:
Til then, I want to order a few parts, filters as well, but I dont know where are they located...
I have the workshop manual, but it doesnt say where they are, just how to change it.
I've been looking in the engine bay for half an hour, unable to see any of them anywhere :embarasse
If anyone cuold show me how to look better, many thanks :)
My car is a Galant 2001 2.0, picture of the engine bay:

psbarham
02-06-2007, 04:41 PM
that sort of info cost 20 quid round here :D

see HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/index.php?page=Join)

Wodjno
02-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi there, good afternoon.

I'm waiting now to recevie an air kit I bought from the states, let's see what I get...:thinking:
Til then, I want to order a few parts, filters as well, but I dont know where are they located...
I have the workshop manual, but it doesnt say where they are, just how to change it.
I've been looking in the engine bay for half an hour, unable to see any of them anywhere :embarasse
If anyone cuold show me how to look better, many thanks :)
My car is a Galant 2001 2.0, picture of the engine bay:

If your looking for Oil and Petrol filter :inquisiti

I think it would be better if you shut the bonnet and open the boot /yes

Kieran
02-06-2007, 09:11 PM
As PSB says, there's complete workshop manuals in the member's area that show locations with clear diagrams and such - There's a lot of VR-4 content, but when I used to have a GLS myself, it still found it useful.

In the meantime, here's a rough idea for you.

Oil Filter - Look underneath the engine, and it's offset towards the drivers side of the sump -It's very easy to access actually - It's near the sump drain bolt as I recall.

Air filter - In the BIG black box in the engine bay - It's a bit fiddly - there's two clips on box - pop these off and then you need to manhandle the rear of the box out of the way to get at the filter, which you can just pop out and back in. There's plenty of 'give' in the air intake pipes, so don't be afraid of getting.... 'Firm' with it! :smash:

Fuel filter - this is located just ahead of the rear wheel on the drivers side - It's an inline filter and changing it is a bit of a bugger - There's a complete article with pictures by yours truly in the members area, as it's one of those jobs where I felt the workshop manuals didn't really go into enough detail.

Pollen filter - Now, you MAY have one of these, you may not. The Jap imports don't have, however my UK-Spec V6 Sport did. I can't remember about my GLS though. Anyway, open the glovebox, then you have to squeeze the sides of the inner tray and it will drop past it's stoppers and swing to the floor (emptying the contents of your glovebox all over the footwell! :oops:). This exposes the aircon assembly, and it's a shove-in filter that's located just ahead of the white fan motor assembly.

Think that covers it? Hope it helps!:scholar:

slaine
02-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi there, good night.

Well, I'm really grateful for all your help, honest :speechles
Now I know at least where to look at, and hope I'll found them.
Since I have the workshop manuals, when I can find them I'll be able to change them properly, with the adequate pressure on the bolts and such.
The descriptions will be enough to look to the right place, tomorrow I'll give it a try and see if I can spot them.
Again, many thanks for your help, appreciate it /thankyou

Kieran
03-06-2007, 01:00 AM
You're welcome - good luck with it! :scholar: