PDA

View Full Version : so thats why my battery

pitslayer
02-06-2007, 11:01 PM
wasnt that happy lol.....just spent a whole day cleaning the car (yes again) god im turning into kieran.....well mainly just cleaned the inside out, havent cleaned it out since december lol......anyway i had this reoccuring problem ie my battery would go flat if lights or cd player was on for more than 5 minutes without the engine running......note to self, check water level in battery more often....dry as bone is not the word had to pour a full bottle of deionsed water into it, then charge it up as there was just nothing left in there......really you should charge batterys up first then top the electrolyte up...but as mine was empty i thought it best to top it up a bit first, only about half full, will check it again tomorow

but yeh everyone check the water level in your battery, unless your posh and have a non maintenace battery
/pan /pan /pan /pan /pan

on another note, i also found out that my carpet is actually blue, not dark muddy grey good old wet vacs

Physician
02-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Well ............. how stupid not checking your battery fluid level /pan

Checked mine a couple weeks ago which was also half empty /pan (but hadn't causd any issues as yet).

richy rich
03-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Well ............. how stupid not checking your battery fluid level /pan

Checked mine a couple weeks ago which was also half empty /pan (but hadn't causd any issues as yet).
Your battery water was low last time i serviced your car rich what you doing drinking it./pan /pan /pan

pitslayer
03-06-2007, 02:23 AM
mmmmm acidy lol

well to be fair, i went out an bought like a 300 quid non maintenance surface charging big knock off battery, for like 30 quid i think it was, and that was used in all the cars i had mainly because it would run a soundsystem in a car for 2 days solid and still start the car after.... and it never got checked, so i never check the level in the galant....more topping up tomorow thow after a bit of a charge.....and when was the last time anyone really checked there battery its just one of those things thats always overlooked, especially when it has a cover over it, which means you have to unbutton the cover to look at it