PDA

View Full Version : Climate control question

dalpura
04-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi. Recently bought a HG VR4, with climate control. My question is how do I get it to remember settings? Every time I start it up it's set to 25 degrees C, I'd rather it just be off every time I start. And please, PLEASE, don't refer me to the owner's manaul. It's an import, and everything is in moon language! (I can't read Japanese.)

Thanks a lot!

bradc
04-06-2007, 11:32 AM
It might be a battery connection problem, or some other loose connection problem. My VR-4's do that whenever their battery is disconnected, so I would imagine it is a power issue of some sort. Does your clock ever reset itself?

dalpura
04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Nah, the clock's fine. Radio too, it's got me quite stumped. I've played around with it a little bit also, I thought it might work something like radio station presets but I didn't get far at all.

Paul Beazer
04-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Im probably being stupid, but whats an HG VR4??

If its an 8G VR4 then there is something wrong with the power supply to the climate control unit or it keeps losing its memory. If the temp reverts to 25 degress then thats the default setting that it goes to when the battery is disconnected.

Are you in the uk? You could try zedy1, have a look for galant spares on here.

Kieran
04-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Hmmm.... 'HG' Vr-4... I presume that means you're in Australia then?

As Brad says, it sounds like the Constant +12V to the aircon controller is either faulty or it's been interrupted in some way. Problem is I've no idea where the power cables are on the multi-plugs.. Normally it's next to the +12V 'Ignition on' cable, so it might be multi-meter time! /help

dalpura
05-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Ah okay, might ask the mechanic to check that out for me then. Seeing I've got no idea and it's down there anyway (clutch!)

And yeah I'm an Aussie. HG (1989) VR4. So that's a 6G I believe. I know this is place is based more about 8G, but there's not a whole lot of places to go for VR4 discussion.

Cheers though!

MarkSanne
07-06-2007, 09:26 AM
So it's a 6G... that's a big difference. Just out of curiousity: any idea where the letters HG stand for?

sickvr4
21-07-2007, 11:57 AM
if your after somewhere for specific info on the HG or HH model galant VR4's head over to http://www.galantvr4.org.au

Gly
21-07-2007, 12:55 PM
i know whats wrong!!!

in the 6G series of galants the AC contstant power is connected thru the stereo constant,

when the after market stereo has been installed they have cut the and seprated the the wires, and just feed the constant to the stereo thinking the other wire was spare,

you will need to find and reconnect this wire, and she'll be sweet as again

its on the same part of the loom that the stereo powers wire come out of, (theres two plugs originally)
it may be the same colour code as the constant feed from the car, but cant remember,
i havent owned a 6G in four years now.