04-06-2007, 11:34 AM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=102455698&permanent=0

Goku
04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
*squints* I think one of them is leaking

SHOWVR
05-06-2007, 05:11 AM
*squints* I think one of them is leaking
Really - are you the seller? if so how badly? Ive got teins in mine but as me and Gly already know, the adjustable rings on these seized up on 2 of them and cracked.....dont cost too much to repair but then again its not as cheap as getting these GAB - these are 2000 grand retail.

Kenneth
05-06-2007, 05:19 AM
2000 grand is a lot of money!

I had the locking rings seized on one of my tanabes. Took it to a suspension place in wairau rd and they fixed it for me. think it was $20 or something. (they may do it for a box of beers) I think its the place you can see from the motorway.

Goku
05-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Really - are you the seller? if so how badly? Ive got teins in mine but as me and Gly already know, the adjustable rings on these seized up on 2 of them and cracked.....dont cost too much to repair but then again its not as cheap as getting these GAB - these are 2000 grand retail.

Not the seller man, I got teins in mine too :D

Just looking at the pic, it looks like one of them is leaking slightly.

SHOWVR
05-06-2007, 05:23 AM
2000 grand is a lot of money!

I had the locking rings seized on one of my tanabes. Took it to a suspension place in wairau rd and they fixed it for me. think it was $20 or something. (they may do it for a box of beers) I think its the place you can see from the motorway.

Sorry , i meant 2 million!! lol/pan retail @ 2grand

Kenneth - do you have the name, address for this place? I think I need to replace all 4 as the dont budge at all - $20 is pretty mean....

Kenneth
05-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Sorry , i meant 2 million!! lol/pan retail @ 2grand

Kenneth - do you have the name, address for this place? I think I need to replace all 4 as the dont budge at all - $20 is pretty mean....

I only had one seized, but it was almost like someone had loc-tight'd them into place. Took them to an engineer and they couldn't move them!
Apparently they just had a machine that did it :P

This is the place! It was a couple of years ago though, but I cant see why they wont do yours.

http://www.wises.co.nz/p/wairau-suspension-distributors/y56l/

mpau009
05-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Ive got teins in mine but as me and Gly already know, the adjustable rings on these seized up on 2 of them and cracked.....dont cost too much to repair.

Im scrapping some teins. I cant remember from when you were looking before if they have the same I.D as mine, but i think they do, i'll bring them along to the gearbox removal thing if that happens. Three of them are only 8 months old, you're welcome to them.

Mind you, i probably should have taken the siezed rings as an indicator that the shocks werent so great:thinking:

SHOWVR
05-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Im scrapping some teins. I cant remember from when you were looking before if they have the same I.D as mine, but i think they do, i'll bring them along to the gearbox removal thing if that happens. Three of them are only 8 months old, you're welcome to them.

Mind you, i probably should have taken the siezed rings as an indicator that the shocks werent so great:thinking:
Mint - me thinks i should of done the same bro..... but then again i tried to gt my money back form the dude in dirty old chch but no luck! its definately on this weekend bro, so if you keen come along....ill update yuo as the week progresses. thanks

mpau009
05-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Mint - me thinks i should of done the same bro..... but then again i tried to gt my money back form the dude in dirty old chch but no luck! its definately on this weekend bro, so if you keen come along....ill update yuo as the week progresses. thanks

Sounds good, i should be able to make it.

Subaru ETA
05-06-2007, 08:45 AM
the place you are looking for is autolign/wairau suspension. you go down wairau and shoot down pit stops driveway and take a left onto currys lane. they right at the end. you can see them from the motorway

VR4 MAD
05-06-2007, 09:08 AM

Hey mpau and SHOWVR, if after all this swapping of Tein parts, there's a set of pillow ball top plates/mounts spare I'd be forever grateful if they found their way down to me as my Teins didn't come with pillow ball top mounts.

Some money could always be used to help the transfer if required.

Just wish I'd know you had a set you were scraping earlier...........bugger /pan

Been looking for pillow ball top mount plates for months.

Cheers

/toycar

mpau009
05-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey mpau and SHOWVR, if after all this swapping of Tein parts, there's a set of pillow ball top plates/mounts spare I'd be forever grateful if they found their way down to me as my Teins didn't come with pillow ball top mounts.

Some money could always be used to help the transfer if required.

Just wish I'd know you had a set you were scraping earlier...........bugger /pan

Been looking for pillow ball top mount plates for months.

Cheers

/toycar

Wish i could help, but unfortunately my teins were the cheapest model non-damper adjustable ones, which use the stock tophats.

Pillowballs are worth getting hold of if you can find some though, my new setup came with them, i thought it was a load of BS, but you can really feel the difference in the steering.

VR4 MAD
05-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Wish i could help, but unfortunately my teins were the cheapest model non-damper adjustable ones, which use the stock tophats.

Pillowballs are worth getting hold of if you can find some though, my new setup came with them, i thought it was a load of BS, but you can really feel the difference in the steering.

Cheers away..................I'll keep looking then. /Grrr /pan

mpau009
05-06-2007, 10:04 AM
the adjustable rings on these seized up on 2 of them and cracked.

Heres the pics of what iv got, they are the 65mm ID ones which i think is the most common tein size. Three of the top rings were new, the other was fine, same with the little ones. The bump stops look fine as well, (where were they when i needed them?:thinking:)

I'll bring the lot on the weekend.

Goku
05-06-2007, 08:26 PM

You get them off trade me?

I know of someone down here who was selling Teins for all sorts of vehicles, they were off imports that the company he worked for brought into the country and needed to swap the suspension for compliance. The Teins all seemed to dissappear in to the "trash".

bradc
05-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Goku, are you implying that he throws them away or takes them home? Kind of keen for a set if he can still get some :)

SHOWVR
05-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Heres the pics of what iv got, they are the 65mm ID ones which i think is the most common tein size. Three of the top rings were new, the other was fine, same with the little ones. The bump stops look fine as well, (where were they when i needed them?:thinking:)

I'll bring the lot on the weekend.

hey bro - sent you a PM, definately keen on those rings and spanners, cheers

Goku
06-06-2007, 05:23 AM
Goku, are you implying that he throws them away or takes them home? Kind of keen for a set if he can still get some :)

He takes them home, I wouldn't want to deal with him though... kind of a shady character...