PDA

View Full Version : Didn't know this was an option..........

MGV6
04-06-2007, 08:18 PM
http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/scripts/stockList/vehicleDetail.asp?laf=SHOWROOMLNKS&dealer=9370&vehicle=1446&ss=HTTP://WWW.GLASSINTERNET.COM/CSS/BASICGREY.CSS

Red leather seats??

Apparently, the seller said it was a cost option when brought brand new from dealer.

Was it??? :thinking:

btw: looks sick in red me thinks :)

Kieran
04-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Not on the UK Specification cars it wasn't, no. Tan or black leather only.

The only model that rolled out of the factory with Red leather (or black leather with red piping) was the Jap-Spec 'Viento Type-X'.:scholar:

MGV6
04-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Kieran, do you know who was the first owner of Mitsubishi Motors in Japan and in the UK? and offically how many Galants were sold in the UK? :)

Ok so basically that car is an import?

bradc
04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Well it does look original, even the top of the centre console is red! It's defiantely a UK spec car with the single fogs and the 17" wheels

Kieran
04-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok so basically that car is an import?

Nah, it's not an import. It's just had a re-trim in red leather - Reminds me of an Alfa.:afro:

BTW:

'Mitsubishi Motors Corporation' has only been around since 1970.... Before then the cars were produced by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, in much the same way that Subarus are still produced by Fiji Heavy Industries today. Tomio Kubo was the first head of MMC.:scholar:

MGV6
04-06-2007, 09:05 PM
BTW:

'Mitsubishi Motors Corporation' has only been around since 1970.... Before then the cars were produced by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, in much the same way that Subarus are still produced by Fiji Heavy Industries today. Tomio Kubo was the first head of MMC.:scholar:

I've got a feeling you've done the graduate programme at The Colt Car Company Ltd in Gloucestershire :)

btw it was formed in 1974 ;)

Kieran
04-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I've got a feeling you've done the graduate programme at The Colt Car Company Ltd in Gloucestershire :)

Bleh! I wish!