PDA

View Full Version : cam and crank sensor question...

triniVr4
05-06-2007, 03:48 AM
question....can you give me some more details on the engine , is the cam and crank sensors seperate ?, is it hall or magnetic ?, or is it CAS like the 4G63 ?

dealing with the Autronic local dealer and he's asked me this question....

Eurospec
05-06-2007, 05:41 AM
Its crank and cam sensors mate.

Cheers,

Ben.

Davezj
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I beleive they are separateas there are 2 connectors under the turbo pipe on top of the enginenear the rear cam pulleys.

Dave

miller
13-05-2008, 10:21 AM
do these deteriorate over time and is it wise to replace them?

My ECU is throwing CAS error amongst others, preventative maintence being the buzz word.

Any ideas on prices etc? or even CAPS for part numbers. Are these a straightforward switch over?

Mike

richy rich
13-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Here you go.
uploaded/1492/1210676936.jpg

Davezj
13-05-2008, 01:11 PM
if you disconnect the cam and crack sensors at the connector under the turbo pipe at the top/middle of the engine this will cause the error codes to be logged and only a battery disconnect will get rid of them. once they are plugged back in all is well and the engine runs fine but the error code still remain. when you try and start the engine with cam and crank disconneted it give you a couple of other error code as well. but the engine runs fine.

do the battery disconnect and these error code should dissapear and not come back. if they do reappear with out disconnecting anything then i suggest there might be a reason to look a bit deeper into it starting with dodgy connection. as all it takes is a momentary loss in connection to the sensor and the error code will get flagged again untill the next battery disconnect.

Try this before replacing them.

It is quite common to disconnect the cam and crank sensors when doing diagnostic work as this stops the spark and fuel being put in the cylinders to allow you to turn over the engine without it fireing up.

Hope this helps.