PDA

View Full Version : They gave me a ticky car to replace my ticky VR-4!

Brind
07-05-2003, 06:50 PM
My VR-4 went off yesterday to have the tappet sound hopefully sorted and they gave me a Mitsubishi Space Star/Wagon thing to use.

Started it up today to move it, so I had alittle drive in it aswell, needless to say it is not a fair swap for the VR-4!
:D
It has 52 in the middle of the plate so it's a late 2002 model, only done 6000 demo miles.
And guess what?!!!! it only started ticking EXACTLY the same as my VR-4 when it got warm! :rolleyes:
Doesn't fill me with confidence! but it must show that Mitsubishi really do have a problem with this!
Oh and it's a 2.0L 16V petrol, don't think it's turbo but it is pretty nippy.

:)

Pescha
07-05-2003, 08:43 PM
HEHE know the feeling, I took my legnum into the shop on Tuesday the 6th May for the dampner to be fixed in the torque converter... Well they gave me a 1989 Honda accord, automatic 2litre car. Its thumps into gear, vibrates real bad when driving INSERT INTO post VALUES (wheels need to be balanced I'd say); dings at 100+ kms. But I suppose least I have a car to get to work in! Should be getting my car back tomorrow morning hopefully, been with out it for 3 days now....

I want my baby backkkkkkkk!!!!!:Cry1:

Cheers,
Pescha

Spirit
07-05-2003, 11:06 PM
Good luck Pescha - 3 days is long enough but try 27 days like mine was away for recently :grr: , and don't even mention it to Barry !!!

Pete