PDA

View Full Version : Flat Wiper blades

I-S
07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
You've probably all seen the flat wiper blades that a lot of new cars are coming with now.

They've now started selling these type of blades with older style fittings, so we can upgrade!

I've ordered a set, and will report back.

Wodjno
07-06-2007, 10:51 AM
You've probably all seen the flat wiper blades that a lot of new cars are coming with now.

They've now started selling these type of blades with older style fittings, so we can upgrade!

I've ordered a set, and will report back.

Not seen these ?

Any Linkys :D

n13l pm
07-06-2007, 10:58 AM
extremeautoaccessories.co.uk (http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/products.php?section=1138)

ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-NEW-FLAT-TRICO-WIPER-BLADES-97-03_W0QQitemZ330094395406QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10400QQ cmdZViewItem)

Wodjno
07-06-2007, 11:09 AM
extremeautoaccessories.co.uk (http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/products.php?section=1138)

ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-NEW-FLAT-TRICO-WIPER-BLADES-97-03_W0QQitemZ330094395406QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10400QQ cmdZViewItem)

Thank You kind Sir :D

I-S
07-06-2007, 11:29 AM
It's the Ebay ones I've ordered. The principle behind the flat blades is very good, so hopefully they'll work as advertised.

Paul Beazer
07-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I'd been wondering about the possibility of retro fitting these to our cars for some time. Given my Bosch ones are getting a bit rubbish (after 1 year of limited use!) i'll be interested to see how you get on Isaac.

n13l pm
07-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I'd been wondering about the possibility of retro fitting these to our cars for some time. Given my Bosch ones are getting a bit rubbish (after 1 year of limited use!) i'll be interested to see how you get on Isaac.

Snap

HJM
07-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I've had some of these on my Supra for about a month and am not very impressed !

The longest arm doesn't clear properly as the centre part of the curve hasn't fully bedded down.

My flat blades cost me £16+ off ebay (non-Bosch) and I can and will return to getting Bosch conventional wipers for £13+

Only real positive is that they look 'fresher' than the old type.

H

Wodjno
07-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Whats the actual issue with the Bosch 1's paul ?

Paul Beazer
07-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Whats the actual issue with the Bosch 1's paul ?
I've used Bosch's on all of my cars, but they just dont seem to "hug" the curvature of the front screen very well. If im lucky i've only done 5k with the latest set. I've tried cleaning the screen and putting rainx on there, gently bending the blade supports, but they just dont wipe properly, leaves a thin film of water right in my line of sight.
Im sure its not a weak spring in the wiper arm (on its not stiff on its pivots either).

Wodjno
07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I've used Bosch's on all of my cars, but they just dont seem to "hug" the curvature of the front screen very well. If im lucky i've only done 5k with the latest set. I've tried cleaning the screen and putting rainx on there, gently bending the blade supports, but they just dont wipe properly, leaves a thin film of water right in my line of sight.
Im sure its not a weak spring in the wiper arm (on its not stiff on its pivots either).

Try Neat Vinegar on the Blades themselves
.. Use plenty soaked into some kitchen roll.. enough so you can squeeze it out if you wish..

I find it works everytime.. :2thumbsup

I-S
07-06-2007, 01:43 PM
The longest arm doesn't clear properly as the centre part of the curve hasn't fully bedded down.

I was wondering if that might happen... The reason is that the flat blades sit very much lower to the screen than old style blades - the attachement point to the arm is closer to the screen. When retrofitted to old arms, the attachment hardware must sit up above the screen to a similar height to the original type, so spacers must be added to keep enough spring tension in the arm. Additionally, the curved blade works by being a spring that the wiper arm is working against, so the pressure is spread over the whole blade - wiper arm springs for the new type are probably stronger than the old type.

There's a couple of things that should be able to help, so I'll see how I get on and any other mods that need doing.

Paul Beazer
07-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Try Neat Vinegar on the Blades themselves
.. Use plenty soaked into some kitchen roll.. enough so you can squeeze it out if you wish..

I find it works everytime.. :2thumbsup
Cheers Glen, will try tonight. Can't i just wipe my fish and chips over them instead? /pan

Wodjno
07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Cheers Glen, will try tonight. Can't i just wipe my fish and chips over them instead? /pan

/pan

Just make sure you use Plenty of Winegar /yes

As all the crap thats on your sceen gets impregnated into the blade..

Even if you use a whole bottle :speechles

It's a Damn site cheaper than New Blades /yes

Roadrunner
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I've had some of these on my Supra for about a month and am not very impressed !
Same experience as Heath - mine were on for less than a month and I've just binned them for a new set of Bosch blades. Apart from not clearing the screen well, they lifted at speed and squeaked like hell! Nice idea, pi$h product :(

ANTHONY
08-06-2007, 07:51 PM
i was gonna get some but i think not now

Wodjno
08-06-2007, 10:02 PM
i was gonna get some but i think not now

Just invest in plenty of Vinegar :D

Paul Beazer
10-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Meant to say thanks Glenn, certainly makes a difference!

bernmc
10-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I fitted a set of these to my VR4 just before selling it. I wasn;t overly impressed - they seemed quite noisy, and seemed to smeer on the return stroke. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt as blades sometimes take a while to settle down...

Unfortunately, the car is gone, so I'm not sure how they've turned out.

Mine weren't from fleabay though.

Davezj
10-06-2007, 05:46 PM
i was looking for some kind of add on fin for the wiper blades as if i go over 70ish the blade lifts off the screen. which is a it worrying.

No fins fitted at all at the moment.

I will try the vinegar clean as well.

Wodjno
10-06-2007, 07:27 PM
i was looking for some kind of add on fin for the wiper blades as if i go over 70ish the blade lifts off the screen. which is a it worrying.

No fins fitted at all at the moment.

I will try the vinegar clean as well.

Also give your sgreen a bit of a clean with it at same time /yes

Wodjno
10-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Meant to say thanks Glenn, certainly makes a difference!

:D

;)