PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body seal

william
08-06-2007, 02:50 AM
Does anybody know the part number for the rubber seal between the throttle body and the pipe comming from the intercooler. It (the rubber seal) fits over the throttle body lip and the plastic pipe then fits over the seal and is tightened down with the worm clamp. I hope this makes sense!

mpau009
08-06-2007, 05:40 AM
Does anybody know the part number for the rubber seal between the throttle body and the pipe comming from the intercooler. It (the rubber seal) fits over the throttle body lip and the plastic pipe then fits over the seal and is tightened down with the worm clamp. I hope this makes sense!

Dont know, but i want one too.. if theyre not rediculously expensive.:afro:

william
08-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Kieran?

Kieran
08-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Looking at this diagram in CAPS, doesn't look like the seal is available separately to the plastic pipe. The number for the pipe is:
MR212890

Eurospec
08-06-2007, 08:36 AM
You're right Kieran.

As far as i know you cant buy the seal on its own, which is a bit of a pita- since there are many knackered seals out there, but few knackered pipes!

IIRC its about £100 from Mitsu for seal and pipe, but i think you can probably get a nice alloy one for a lot less, then bin the crappy neoprene coupler they give you and replace it with a decent bit of samco. Job done, and bling into the bargain.

Cheers,

Ben.

bradc
08-06-2007, 08:50 AM
yeah I think Ben is on the right track there, get a nice aftermarket one in there.

Gly
08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
heres not alot room there thou,

uploaded/1576/1181291011.jpg

unless you get a aftermarket intake....

even with the pro shop lida intake bend you have to reuse the factory seal,

anyway when ive done my custom piping.. (maybe a while yet) you can have my old one if you still need it then.

Axeboy
08-06-2007, 11:58 AM
You dont re- use the seal with the Pro Shop Lida intake

Gly
08-06-2007, 12:08 PM
i stand corrected :P

still costs $224.19AU shipped to nz

also, its pro shi Iida, (not Lida like i thought!)
lol... just looked on RHD japan

which is to bloodly expensive for a bit of pipe!

Nick Mann
08-06-2007, 01:54 PM
To confirm - I went through this a couple of months back. You can't buy the rubber seal seperately. You need to buy the whole thing. I don't think its as much as £100, but it's not too far off.

Wodjno
08-06-2007, 02:15 PM
To confirm - I went through this a couple of months back. You can't buy the rubber seal seperately. You need to buy the whole thing. I don't think its as much as £100, but it's not too far off.

As some of you may know !! I've had my fair share of issues with this pipe :speechles

I had quote from Mitsu of around £80 odd.. for Pipe and seal as it definitely doesn't come seperate /Grrr

I got a replacement pipe and seal from BDA :D fixed in place with a quality Jubilee Clip from Machine Mart and haven't blown it off since. And thats with peak boost in excess of 1.2bar /rally

Speack to Mo ! And i would definitely advise to get the elbow complete /yes Cos if yours has come of numerous times, you will find that where the Clip seats, ends up chamfuring off ! And then it doesn't matter how tight the clip is it won't hold.. /Grrr

Wodjno
08-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Speack to Mo !

Just noticed you in NZ /pan

Axeboy
08-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I had a spare one supplied to another member already..

But a silicon coupler would be fine imo.

I have a Lida intake pipe for sale too :)

EDD
11-06-2007, 10:45 PM
I've got a high pitch whistle at idle from this area. Dont know if its the seal or the gasket/seal between the throttle body and the engine block.

william
12-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Sorry for the late replay fellas, I have been away for the weekend. Thanks for all the feedback. My seal looks a bit ragged although it is not completely broken. It does not make any noises but as I still have my cold start issues I thought it might be wothwhile replacing.

alan
12-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Just came across this while mooching, re the seal, has anyone thought of having the seal made with a seal jet machine ? they have franchises all over the uk and abroad, yes the seal will be of a harder grade material, you can specify viton or silicone or indeed any material, or customise the design, just bear in mind the rubber will be of a firmer nature. they can make just about any type of seal / gasket you want and normally within a day .

Nick Mann
12-05-2012, 11:38 PM
How much would it cost? The pipe plus seal is now available through Camskill at about £45

alan
13-05-2012, 12:26 AM
not sure nick, but once the machine is set they can churn them out by the dozen, i will find out a rough price . cant see it being as much as the camskill ones though from the dealings ive had with them in the past, i will drop in next time im going past.

alan
13-05-2012, 12:29 AM
oh hang on i just re read that, pipe plus seal for 45 , thats good. and yes i have blown mine off, joining the motorway, much swearing and soiling of underwear.

wintertidenz
13-05-2012, 02:34 AM
I just replaced my standard elbow with a 45 degree 3" to 2.75" silicone bend. However, I don't have the standard airbox or piping post-intercooler anymore...