PDA

View Full Version : How to tell the difference between ....

gazberwick
08-06-2007, 09:29 AM
I am taking my Legnum back to dealer in the morning as i have the 4th and 5th gear shudder.....3 month warranty an all that...he says hes going to change the oil as that will cure it.....is he right or is it more likely the converter lock up thats buggered or would an oil change cure this?

I have read most of the threads here but i feel that a bit of the information is fragmented and sometimes contradicted as to whos version of whats what is correct.

is there a diffinative guide (.pdf) to download any where to help with this obviously common problem?

Also he says he does the oil change with sp3 that he gets from mitsi...but i thought it was unavailable in this country?

would be great if i could get answers by late tomight...

If he doesnt cure it can anyone recomend my next course of action?

WRD guys i would appreciate your input...im sure the car will be coming to you soon enough... im dont want to be fobbed off with a half done oil change by my dealer esp if a full one wouldnt ever cure what could poss be a defective part!!

I hope you can see what im getting at!!

Cheers

Gaza.

bradc
08-06-2007, 09:43 AM
it should fix the problem, but make sure he does a full flush and uses 9-12 litres of SP3.

richy rich
08-06-2007, 10:15 AM
OK an atf change may help slightly(don't let him get away with doing this), a full ATF has a very high success rate but not 100% but is the first thing to do, make sure he uses the pucker stuff, if it comes in a can with no labeling, grill him to death that it is the correct stuff.

gazberwick
10-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Well i went up with the car and to my total suprise he new what hhe was doing!!
didnt see the total job but when he'd done he asked me to go for a test drive and then come back to see if it needed a little more.....well the sudder has all gone , only now and then does it feel as if the torque converter lockup is going to do a little dance but it is very rare now...and he used genuine mitsi sp-3 and a new filter (blueprint).

Very happy with the guys and the service at Ebony and Ivory. I would deffo recommeend them.

He told me to go back if it hasnt totally dissapeared in a fortnight, he seems quite confident that it will!

Gaza.

richy rich
11-06-2007, 09:12 AM
:2thumbsup

starky
11-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Nice one mate thats where my VR4 is from, there top guys at Ebony and Ivory, well recomended by me.

They supplied my R33 GTR that I have just sold to and they did a full leather retrim in Black and Silver because I didn't like the seats that were in it :) NOTHING is ever to much trouble for them.

djb160
14-06-2007, 02:20 AM
Its good to hear about some GOOD experiences as opposed to normal.