PDA

View Full Version : Time for my service - Pulling away noises?

vikvallabh82
08-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Its time for my annual service, and i have given the mitsu garage my car this morning, obviously this will no doubt cost my an arm and a leg, i assumed this would be the case after they got the car on the ramps, but i got a call from the garage BEFORE it was even lifted onthe lift! Apprently when pulling away there is a strange noise like an electric motor whirring when first puling away coming from the gearbox. Now that noise has been there since sept when i bought the car and i always thought it was normal. I've never had a problem changing gears (no crunching, every change has been smooth) So I was wondering is the mechanic at the mitsu garage just unaware of the noise of a V6 2.5L pulling off or shoudl i really be worried?? I must emphasise again that since i got the car it has alwasy made the funny whirring noise, Its only on pull off after second gear no such noise comes about.

BraindG
08-06-2007, 10:31 AM
is this the whirly noise you get for about 2 seconds when you just start the car and pull off? - is this noise there when the car is running and pulling off, i.e. at lights? or only just after starting the car? :inquisiti

vikvallabh82
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
BraindG - the noise occurs when pulling away from lights as well as after i start up in the morning, so it happens every time I pull off, for a short period of time (until gear shift) - A friend of mine said it sounds like an electric scooter/electric car.

I-S
14-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Whining first gear?