PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cut -V- Air density ?

thehedgepig
09-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Is there any link between the two? :thinking:

My car accelerates like the proverbial when the weather is cool and damp but suffers fuel cut when its warm and sunny!

Don't really want to mess with the AVCR and AFC settings and I think I don't really know enough about adjusting the settings to fit an FCD. Therefore what else can I do?

Cheers chaps.

stuartturbo
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
mine the other way real cold morning is when i suffer most

Subaru ETA
10-06-2007, 12:39 AM
yeah it should hit fuel cut more when its cold!

Nevman
10-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Looks like VR-4's are very sensitive to different weather conditions. In mine the AYC warning light was coming off when there was very hot (above 30C). If it is cool, it's fine.
Anyway AYC works perfectly in both conditions. Probably oil gets too thin when is hot or AYC switch need to be replaced to adjustable one.

Subaru ETA
10-06-2007, 01:55 AM
with it hitting fuel cut its coz the air is denser when cold which can give you more boost so if you are running high boost on std ecu and no FCD it may be just enough to make you hit fuel cut

Nick Mann
10-06-2007, 12:42 PM
It does seem the wrong way round? The ECU cuts fuel if it thinks there is too much air going in. So colder air should lead to fuel cut sooner than warmer air.

The FCD thing is a bad idea unless you have the car properly tuned. Fuel cut is a save your engine measure. Remove it without proper control at your own risk!!

bradc
10-06-2007, 08:48 PM
it could be something else, like bad plugs or something, are you sure it is fuel cut?

Little Miss Road Rage
19-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I get it in the skyline when its hot, not sure if it is fuel cut or not but the engine dies momentarily when giving it some when running higher boost in hot weather, but it was fine in the cold :anxious:

Now we are removing the boost controller from the skyline and gonna try to fit it to the leggie :thumbsup:

BTW Its Raggy not LMRR