PDA

View Full Version : sat navigation

chch thomo
10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
hi does anyone have any idea on how to remove sat nav system. our galant gt sports has a kenwood gpx_o7. kna_c1210 unit with 10 disk changer in boot, we want to replace with simple cd player.is this something i could tackle myself or best to leave to experts.

djwarden
10-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I used to work as a car stereo installer so i think this is how it goes: with the kenwood system its very likely the unit has a 'brain' unit which runs the changer and display/stereo, they are easy enough to remove, start with the headunit and trace the wires to each unit, the brain may be under a seat (most likely passenger) or possibly in the boot with the changer, make sure you disconnect the battery or at least remove the fuse that powers the stereo as unplugging these units while still powered can cause issues as one of my mates has a similar unit and when he unplugged it while still powered the brain unit decided to freeze up, hope this helps!

PS if you feel nervous about doing this id let an expert have a look but as long as you dont go yanking random wires it should be a cinch to remove