PDA

View Full Version : Top suspension arm rubber boot

peter thomson
10-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi caught the top balljoint rubber boot today with a wire brush while cleaning up the turret prior to undersealing. Does anybody have a spare boot from an old top or bottom arm as they look to be about the same size. Hope somebody can heip.

psbarham
10-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi caught the top balljoint rubber boot today with a wire brush while cleaning up the turret prior to undersealing. Does anybody have a spare boot from an old top or bottom arm as they look to be about the same size. Hope somebody can heip.

mitsu list the boots on there own , part no. MB808084 , take some vaseline :inquisiti if you can't get a second hand one

peter thomson
10-06-2007, 10:47 PM
mitsu list the boots on there own , part no. MB808084 , take some vaseline :inquisiti if you can't get a second hand one

Thanks I'll check the price tomorrow if I don't hear from anybody else

Gowf
10-06-2007, 11:03 PM
They are about £8 from mitsi. I was actualy having this conversation with richy earlier today. I split mine when changing the bushes, and so i bought 10 of them for further tareages that are likely to occur. If you are stuck let me know, but mitsi got me mine next day.
Oh... and they are a little more than tight to fit!

peter thomson
10-06-2007, 11:15 PM
They are about £8 from mitsi. I was actualy having this conversation with richy earlier today. I split mine when changing the bushes, and so i bought 10 of them for further tareages that are likely to occur. If you are stuck let me know, but mitsi got me mine next day.

That's not too bad then. Thanks for the info. The car is off the road just now until I've finished undersealing but I'm happy I dont have to buy a whole new arm

peter thomson
25-06-2007, 10:24 PM

New boot arrived today and fitted it this evening. They are a very tight fit. I expected just to be a rubber boot held on by a circlip but the seal is bonded to a steel ring which has to be fitted over the balljoint.
I used a long 1 1/2" AF socket to fit the boot.
The seal fitted inside the socket and i then tapped the seal over the balljoint with a small rubber mallet . :happy: