PDA

View Full Version : News fr Africa

Porky T
12-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Thought it was about time i registered with this club, as i've been looking at it on and off for a while.
From birth i've been an avid mitsu man ( i'm sure they made my pram ) and have looked forward to owning a proper car. Last year i bought a E84 VR4 manual and after 4 months sold it on for a 30% profit. I now own a 1998 EC5A VR4 tiptronic, it arrived from Japan last week and is currently going through registration. I took it for a spin for a few days and apart from using 90 litres of fuel for 300km, i had fun.........but.........
It's limited to est 190km/h on the clock - basically about 1.5 cm past 180km'h
Losses power through roundabouts, must be the AYC and TCL working
Back end kicks out on tight left handers, i suspect a bad shock

Otherwise, what a car, it puts the previous E84 to shame

BraindG
12-06-2007, 09:11 AM
/Wyhy /Welcome - get that TCL switched off, its the devils work :D

Nick VR4
12-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi and /Welcome2 to the forum :)

mpau009
12-06-2007, 10:51 AM
It's limited to est 190km/h on the clock - basically about 1.5 cm past 180km'h
Losses power through roundabouts, must be the AYC and TCL working
Back end kicks out on tight left handers, i suspect a bad shock

Otherwise, what a car, it puts the previous E84 to shame

Got wire cutters.;)

Theres this in the members section. http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12770&highlight=speed+sensor+wire

Basically you can just cut the speed signal wire, seemingly without affecting AYC, TCL etc. Mines cut, but i havent had a chance to push it that hard yet..

oh yeah, and /Welcome2 to CVR4 as well.

bradc
12-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Welcome! It will most likely be the TCL and ASC that is causing the problems around roundabouts.

Joanne
12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Welcome :)

Lillywotsername
13-06-2007, 04:56 PM
/Welcome..... Hope you enjoy your stay.

Spirit
13-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Welcome to CVR4........how about posting some pix up ?

Nevman
13-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah!
Welcome to the club and post some pictures.

Porky T
20-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Got wire cutters.;)

Theres this in the members section. http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12770&highlight=speed+sensor+wire

Basically you can just cut the speed signal wire, seemingly without affecting AYC, TCL etc. Mines cut, but i havent had a chance to push it that hard yet..

oh yeah, and /Welcome2 to CVR4 as well.

Thanks for the info, where would i find this wire. Have been looking at an article from white lightening about cutting a green and white cable, is this the wire in question, and where would i find it.

Pictures to come soon, basically when i can find where i last left my camera

mpau009
20-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info, where would i find this wire. Have been looking at an article from white lightening about cutting a green and white cable, is this the wire in question, and where would i find it.

Pictures to come soon, basically when i can find where i last left my camera

As i say i havent tested it myself past 180k yet, but this is the wire they recommended..

It is an article written by a member for other members, so iv cut the other info. Definately worth joining for all the other how to's and manuals etc.

djb160
23-06-2007, 12:13 PM
you just be carefull when testing it as it'd be a REALLY S#!t time to find out it has affected the air bags. And yeah sounds like AYC more than TCL. TCL feels horrible when it kicks in coz it's always at a stupid time and kills power in BIG way, scared the crap out of me the first time it happened to me.