PDA

View Full Version : It Doesnt Fit

StunEm
12-06-2007, 09:25 AM
This one is for all the members that have converted there auto to a manual.

The gearbox parts finally arrived for mine, everything going to plan until i tried fitting the flywheel. The original auto plate mounting onto the crank is about 44mm in diameter, my flywheel inner diameter is 40.5mm.

Is there a spacer ring fitted on there that comes off or do i have to get the flywheel inner hole machined out to fit.

BraindG
12-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Not done a conversion, however this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11086&page=2) thread might have some usefull pics?

d i c k i e s
13-06-2007, 03:03 AM
ask bradc! hes converted his to a manual.

bradc
13-06-2007, 04:14 AM
I didn't do the work on my car though, someone else did it all. They didn't tell me about any issues like that though

StunEm
13-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I found the answer out today.

Talked to the suppliers of the gearbox and they mistakenly sent down what looks to be a evo 7 (maybe) flywheel. :inquisiti :inquisiti :inquisiti

They sent today a new flexi plate (centre of the flywheel, since these ones are a two piece flywheel) One thing i did notice was that the flywheel was just machined and Balanced before i got it. Good Stuff Kempy's.:scholar:
Should arrive tomorrow morning and i can bolt it all together and put the gearbox in tomorrow night. If i work fast, i should be driving the car later that night.:happy: :happy: