PDA

View Full Version : Cat replacement pipes

enigma
17-12-2003, 06:25 PM
OK, I have finally got my flanges INSERT INTO post VALUES (£160 later :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( ) and I am ready to offer 5 lucky people the opportunity to have a quality stainless steel cat replacement pipe for just £40. Note this is not just your old cat bastardised, it is brand new, with new 8mm laser cut stainless flanges. This means come MOT time you can just swap the old cat back on to pass the emmissions INSERT INTO post VALUES (allegedly ;) )

Note: you will need a couple of gaskets from Mr Mitsubishi, this will cost you about a fiver I seem to recall.

I think Mr Kammy Ahmed wants on so unless he tells me otherwise I shall put him top of the list.

Heres a pic of the shiny piece of art!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hidle/images/Exhaust final0001 small.JPG

1. Kammy Ahmed
2. Barry
3. Derek
4. Pete INSERT INTO post VALUES (spirit)
5. Nick Mann

BraindG
17-12-2003, 06:39 PM
memememememe :D

im pretty sure i dont have one INSERT INTO post VALUES (been that bloody long!) Mo could you quickly check please?

if i dont, ill take one of you Dave :-b

SGHOM
17-12-2003, 06:41 PM
I'm 3rd in line then ?? pretty please :-D

Spirit
17-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Dave, any idea what sort of increase in power is likely ? INSERT INTO post VALUES (pencil me in for one at the moment too)

Nick Mann
17-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Me please!

Spirit
17-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Well they went quick ! :-D

Nick Mann
17-12-2003, 10:25 PM
You're telling me! I thought I was going to miss one when I blinked!

zedy1
17-12-2003, 10:30 PM
will check tomorrow but i have one which was of your old vr4

enigma
17-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Oooooh splendid.......that was a nice suprise, go out for the evening and when I come back the order books are full! :)

I would suggest that you would get somewhere in the region of 5-10HP, its not a lot but every little helps!

Spirit
18-12-2003, 07:54 AM
That's what Tesco's reckons aswell !

Anyhow, when might they be ready and when do you want payment Dave ?

BraindG
18-12-2003, 07:55 AM
sexual favours an option? :p

enigma
18-12-2003, 08:07 AM
It is likely they will be ready today or tomorrow. As for payment, whenever really! I will investigate postage costs, shouldn't be more than a fiver I wouldn't have thought, but I will let you all know!

Dave

Spirit
18-12-2003, 08:10 AM
Thanks mate, will send as soon as you advise total cost. Can do payment transfer straight to your bank if you email/PM me your bank details.

BraindG
18-12-2003, 08:13 AM
It is likely they will be ready today or tomorrow. As for payment, whenever really! I will investigate postage costs, shouldn't be more than a fiver I wouldn't have thought, but I will let you all know!

Dave

next time your round at mo's, just drop it off... :D
if you want i can transfer money into your account via my newly aquired internet banking account INSERT INTO post VALUES (yes, it really has taken me over 3 years to start using it!!)

Nick Mann
18-12-2003, 02:31 PM
If it's okay, I would like to collect it. Not sure when, may well be Jan before I have time, but I would like to have a look at your car. I arrived late at the pod and missed the look and sound of your car. As it started life the same as mine INSERT INTO post VALUES (except the interior option) I think it would be very interesting! Also, If it's possible, I can tie in with picking up Dereks back box - depending on his new system being instaled.
Payment is whenever you need it, check, cash or internet transfer.

colVR4
19-12-2003, 08:52 AM
With a de-cat pipe installed, does that mean that you can use lead-replacement petrol. Why? I hear you all ask. The reason is that many of the garages near to where I live, in the sticks, don't have Optimax or Ultimate, but they do have 97 RON LRP.

enigma
19-12-2003, 10:54 AM
No no no no no.....you will destroy your valve seats if you use leaded petrol!

colVR4
19-12-2003, 11:33 AM
Okay, thanks BigD. Just showing my ignorance again :rolleyes5

kammy.ahmed
19-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Good stuff dave! Thanks

Aaaaahhhhh you remembered, just let me know when these babies are ready and i will come down and pick it up!
Thanks mate

Kieran
19-12-2003, 09:06 PM
No no no no no.....you will destroy your valve seats if you use leaded petrol!

Eh?! How's that work? I thought the introduction of UNLEADED petrol was responsible for knackering valve seats, because it burned with a hotter flame front and didn't contain tetra-ethyl lead to lubricate INSERT INTO post VALUES (and cool) the exhaust valves?

Surely using leaded/LRP petrol in an engine with hard valve seats INSERT INTO post VALUES (to cope with unleaded) won't make a difference INSERT INTO post VALUES (apart from poisoning the emissions gear)?

Or am I missing something Dave? :$

Spirit
29-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Dave - are the pipes ready yet and do you want the money ?

Pete

Spirit
06-01-2004, 08:35 AM
Got the pipe from Dave on Friday, ordered and got the gaskets from Mitsy yesterday INSERT INTO post VALUES (£2 something + VAT each) and being fitted 8.30am tomorrow morning.