PDA

View Full Version : My poor baby

Emma
17-12-2003, 08:32 PM
I don't know if anyone else has had any problems with vandalism but I seem to be fighting a huge uphill battle at the moment. When I first got my car I put a scratch in it INSERT INTO post VALUES (and cried) and have been saving hard to put it right, but every time I get there something happens to my baby. Last week while xmas shopping someone saw it fit to put a nice big scratch along my bonnet with their key and the time before that someone smashed in my window to get hold of my turbo timer. I spent money on alarms and even security cameras for my drive but you cant protect your car all the time and I just think it's sad that you can't even go shopping without worrying about your car. My baby is completly standard and there was so many things I wanted to buy for her so here's hoping I get there.

But on a happier note, 7 days till Christmas so have a good one :-D

KiwiTT
17-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Ouch. I worry too ! I have taken to select the best carpark where at least only one or none can park next me.

Vandalism is even worse. They are just jealous.

Come to our meet tomorrow night 10pm

Nick VR4
17-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Hi Emma
Sorry to hear about this
Some people are just arseholes coz you have something better than they have
I tend to park my car at supermarkets the farthest walk away from the doors
Most people are lazy and want to get nearest the doors as possible
So look for areas that at not crowded with cars

On Driveway have you tried a flood light using PIR INSERT INTO post VALUES (passive infer-red )any movement turns it on

Cheers

tunes
17-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Gutted! I have heard of so many cases like these throughout NZ, very sad. Luckilly i have never encountered any vandalism towards my car. The car is ever only parked at home and work which helps. Hope your run of bad luck has come to an end Emma.

zedy1
17-12-2003, 10:37 PM
whenever my babys not at home i make sure im with her

BraindG
18-12-2003, 07:51 AM
sorry to hear this emma :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( - wish those pesky jealous types would just grow up!.. roll on the day it happens to their car!... then they will know

tunes
18-12-2003, 08:04 AM
Roll on the day i catch someone doing any of the above to my car :gun2:

Spirit
18-12-2003, 08:06 AM
Poor you Emma, these idiots deserve to be hung up by their b*llocks and let everyone scratch THEM with their keys.....that'll teach the little ****s

Emma
18-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys, I was so angry when I saw the scratch I think everyone in the whole shopping complex knew about it. It's a very cowardly thing to do, if they are going to mess with peoples cars for whatever reason they should do it in front of us so we can at least bash them. But hopefully that will be the end of it and I can work on getting prezzies for my baby instead of fixing her.

tunes
18-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Which shopping mall did this happen? Just for interests sake.

Emma
18-12-2003, 10:19 PM
It was at the Albany mega centre, I was parked pretty near burger king as it was full.

tunes
18-12-2003, 11:11 PM
Wow... I would have expected it to be an enclosed carpark like Glenfield or St Lukes but out in the open? Someone is either very stupid or brave, although i would be leaning towards stupidity.

Dev
01-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Ok, so whats the loudest car alarm you can buy? Oh and im sorry bout what happened to your Car Emma, I can imagine how that must feel poor you :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

-LegnumVR4-
02-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Shame to here about peoples cars getting done over. I haven't had any problems down here in CHCH with my lounge schweet but a couple of friends have had some problems. Best thing to do is it keep everything out of sight and mine. Tints also help to hide whats inside plus keeps the car cooler in summer.