PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Londinium

Roadie
13-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi Everybody, very nice site :D

very tempted in joining the VR4 world but as yet i'm not sure wether I want the Galant or the Legnum. At the moment I actually prefer the looks of the Legnum but the worrying thing is I read on an earlier post that only grey heads drive em!! :laugh:

I live in London but am happy to travel any where in the country for the right motor but my problem would be who I get to check out the motor for me, is RAC or AA a wise choice?

Somebody posted about them rather buying off e-bay which i'd love to do for hopefully a much better price but again concerned of buying a hunka junka.

Are the Legnums generally reliable cars with it having a twin turbo?

Also read a post earlier regarding Keighley motors which i'm now very glad I read. Any recommended garages that have had an all round better quality of cars/service?

Roadie

Nutter_John
13-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Hi Roadie

Welcome to the mad house , lots of nice people on here and great info .

If we can help you in anyway let us know

Have fun

MPBVr4
13-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the club/Welcome2

Have a look in classified's here, mostly known club member cars. Not sure about using RAC or AA as i doubt they would know what they are looking at.

If you've got your eye on anything try and get a club member to look at it for you or with you.

I'd go for a saloon (young mans car/pan ) but then I'm biased .

TAR
13-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi and welcome to the club. /Welcome

Go for a Legnum, superb looks, great load capacity and fast as you like /rally

As with all cars, you get what you pay for so if buying from E-Bay just make sure you know what you are getting.

The cars are very reliable if looked after and the turbo's run a low standard boost so no worries there. Try to find one with full service history if you can because if its been neglected, this is where it hurts the wallet!

Try to get a drive in one I'm sure you will love it.

SGHOM
13-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I read on an earlier post that only grey heads drive em!! :laugh:

Roadie

OI !!! /pan /pan I resemble that remark ! :P

/Welcome2 anyway.

Nick VR4
13-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi And /Welcome2 to the Forum nothing wrong with a bit of grey hair LOL

Brunty
13-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Hiya,
Saloons are best - and I happen to have one up for sale!

If I 'knew then what I know now', I'd consider the following steps in making sure I bought well.

1. Firstly, try and get to see a good members car - ie. a good one in the flesh, before shopping.
2. Try and get a member to inspect car with you, otherwise...
3. Remember AA/RAC may not have much experience of these AWD, TT, AYC and tiptronic cars.
4. Buy with your head and not your heart.
5. Be prepared to walk away, there aren't many around but you're better off waiting for a good one.

I'll assume you've thoroughly read the buyers guide up ^ there somewhere.

Happy hunting and welcome to the forum.

Lillywotsername
13-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I happen to have one up for sale!

And very nice it is too........ :thumbsup:

/Welcome
As others have said, "buyer beware" is always a good thought to keep in mind and any worries it is always better to walk away than buy a lemon.

There is an awful lot of information on this site and if you see a car you like it is always best to run it past someone who knows these cars.

As for the Legnum bit...... I love it, but then I do also have a couple of grey hairs poking through from under the dye. :thinking:

Roadie
13-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome :D

Has any one seen either of these cars in the flesh or know the owners?

White one, beast to keep clean but they look awesome
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Classifieds/showproduct.php/product/137/cat/2

or
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Classifieds/showproduct.php/product/114/cat/2

thanks in advance, not in any mad rush to buy but am certainly interested in getting a Mitsy.

And very nice it is too........ :thumbsup:
As for the Legnum bit...... I love it, but then I do also have a couple of grey hairs poking through from under the dye. :thinking:

me too :(

Spirit
13-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome to CVR4.....good luck in your hunt if you chose to get one :pimp2:

stuey
13-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Hello Dude,
There's a few VR4 clubbers in Ol' London Village, Certainly 2 in NW London and 2 others in Kent & Essex areas. More than welcome to come and look at my legnum and find out ins & outs, if you're near.. hardly ever see any for sale in the SE though....
Welcome by the way. !!!!

Stuey...

ingocaius
16-06-2007, 08:18 AM
tut im not grey i have slaphead lol.
i would probably have gone for the galant but i have a one and a two year old (so obviously got some life left in me yet nudge nudge know what i mean).
the legnum is great if you need the extra boot space and still turns heads and goes like stink

The Vee
16-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi and welcome to the site. Either car will offer you an awful lot for your money, may help just to take it back to basics for a mo, and think, do I want/need a saloon or estate? Both are great cars in this range. I tend to buck the trend here and have a saloon(hybrid thingy) but have to confess the grey hairs are many now/pan /pan
Good luck in your search, the advice from the others in this thread is well worth following.

amsoil
16-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Welcome to one of the friendliest clubs on the net. Great knowledge base (in the members section) but great advice. May well be worth paying a premium for a known car that has all things sorted and working well.

Roadie
17-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Happy to pay the premium on the car ensuring it comes with history and receipts. As i'm in no rush to purchase i'm even tempted to see if i could get a specific one imported just for me :D hopefully lower mileage, service history and reasonable condition.
Could any one recommend a company that could do that or is it a case of just using Google.
Would really like a manual with black leather interior, 280bhp and a moon roof.
I dont actually need an estate but i just like the looks of it better than the saloon.
Oh and I think id prefer a manual as a post i read some where from someone saying 'if the gearbox didnt go wrong so much i'd of kept a automatic' which is a concern.
I appreciate that there are the usual service costs but i dont want a car that every month requires an amount of cash to keep it running, remembers my old Corrado G60, great car but just kept going wrong!!!

Beastlee
17-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Roadie, you have perfect taste it seems. The only thing you didn't say is what colour car you prefer...cue colourist comments from various owners...

Welcome to the club and good luck with finding the car you want. Be prepared for lots of smiles!

Which side of London are you? A premium isn't always necessary for a club owned car there's at least one good one in the classifieds for well below £4000.....;)

I can second Brunty's pointers and always remember the only thing grey about Legnums is the import status. At 31(just) I am certainly not grey....yet.

ianturbo
17-06-2007, 09:21 PM
thats it you answered my question ,i am 30 somethin !! a bit grey round my ears !( think Richard Gear chap ) i.m lookin for a legnum !! never had a four/or five door car ,always two and always v6 !
am i gettin old ????

Beastlee
17-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Definitely not, I have loved these cars since I first saw one a few years ago. Back then it was just a Galant VR-4 but then I found out about Leggies and I was smitten.

ingocaius
18-06-2007, 10:19 PM
i didnt know anything about the vr4,s till about three months ago when i read an old jeremy clarkson book and he was raving about them.
i was trying to persuade the wife to let me buy a mitsi gto3000 this was the compromise what a result enough welly to keep me happy and room for the kids