PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye scumchester

SGHOM
13-06-2007, 03:37 PM
& good ridance ! /pan /pan

Friday is the last day of my contract & It looks likely I may be 'back on the tools' for another company in Sheffield.
I've been travelling the snake every day for 2 1/2 years. :speechles & It wont be a day too soon before I see the back of it. /Grrr
The work for Octopus elec has dried up in scumchester, They have tenders in various places; Leeds, Barnsley, Sheffield etc, So I'm hoping that I'll be back & running one of them soon.
I've applied for agency work, ie; clerk of works jobs over there, but in a way, I hope I dont get one of them !! :thinking:

FYI; manchester is a nice place with nice people..... just not in the area's I have to work !! :iloveyou:

Brunty
13-06-2007, 04:06 PM
I thought this was another Sheffield out of the premiership thread!

Good luck with the next job Derek!

Lillywotsername
13-06-2007, 04:08 PM
What Brunty said Hun..... Glad you aren't going to have to put up with the snake pass for much longer.

Paul C
13-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Do you like to work away derek?

SGHOM
13-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Do you like to work away derek?

We all prefere working close to home, but I've worked all over. scotland, sw, london etc.
Once did a job fitting sockets on the gondala's in poundstretcher stores [ for the xmas decorations ] 5 mins work..3 hrs drive for each job !! all over the UK ! /rally

Paul C
13-06-2007, 10:12 PM
We all prefere working close to home, but I've worked all over. scotland, sw, london etc.
Once did a job fitting sockets on the gondala's in poundstretcher stores [ for the xmas decorations ] 5 mins work..3 hrs drive for each job !! all over the UK ! /rally

cant be bad for 5mins work. At the moment i'm working local on accomodations blocks for oil rigs and there crying out for sparks on the rig based in great yarmouth that the rooms are getting transported to.

SGHOM
13-06-2007, 10:14 PM
sounds interesting ?? PM me more details Paul please :afro:

Paul C
13-06-2007, 10:24 PM
sounds interesting ?? PM me more details Paul please :afro:

will get info tomorrow from work and let you know as soon as. Do you do much work in petrochem/Industrial environments as i have a mate who works for a sheffield based company called SIA. He holds a good position so can propbably influence in the recruiting side of things

Paul C
13-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Electricians urgently required for isle of man immediate start,travel/lodge paid/excellent rates. i know its different job but will get details for other place tomorrow.Though i had the other job stored on computer but the job date had expired and disappeared but i know there still after people.

SGHOM
14-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanx for your help Paul, appreciated. :iloveyou: but I think working on offshore installations is a bit out of my depth.
I've got a meeting on monday morning with the co I thought I might end up with on the tools ? It appears not !!
They are shortly starting on a 45,000 sq ft... £2,000,000 office re-furb, & It seems I'm earmarked to run the electrical side of it !! :inquisiti
I've got to cross my eyes & dot the T's yet, but here's hoping. :afro: :afro:

Brunty
14-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Sounds good D, all the best.

You got the cross-eyed bit right, but surely it should be 'make the teas' for a man with your skill set?

;)