PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon over!

pungatree1
15-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi all. Well its been almost 3 weeks now since we purchased our 96 automatic VR4 legnum here in New Zealand. We had previously owned a 2 litre V6 legnum a few years back and the difference in performance is amazing! Although she is very thirsty it still makes me smile when I sink the boot! :evilgrin:

I haven't had a good chance to check through the car fully but it is essentially factory standard and we are the second owners since it was imported in 2003. One addition is an HKS pod filter which looks as though it could do with a good clean - what is the best way to clean these filters? What should I use to clean the actual filter itself? :thinking:

Also got to get around to fixing the clock and she ticks away under the bonnet too - but at least I am not alone! Keep up the work on a great and informative website - will join soon to access more of your info!

Lillywotsername
15-06-2007, 01:26 PM
/Welcome....... glad you are enjoying the car and the site.
will join soon to access more of your info!

You know it makes sense..... ;)

TAR
15-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to the club.

Get yourself a membership, there are articles covering both your clock and lash adjusters if you need any pointers. :scholar:

Joanne
16-06-2007, 05:13 AM
Welcome :)

pungatree1
16-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Hello again & thanks for the welcome! Just spent the day washing & polishing the bad boy and its come up a treat. Need to clean the tinted windows - they still look dirty on the outside. There is a bit of sun fade on the bonnet - any ideas of what can be done to remedy this or is a respray necessary? Some inconsiderate /Grrr also backed their tow ball into the centre of my bonnet last week while parked outside Repco! They left a nice dent right above the badge - and so that will need fixed too. I might eventually go the way of an evo style bonnet but there are other priorities at the moment.

Getting back to the initial question - what is the best way to clean an HKS pod filter? Mine looks pretty dirty at the moment - keen to give the engine a clean next!

You See
16-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi and welcome! :)
Sounds like quite a beast you have there! ...PICS PICS PICS!!
Don't think the HKS filters are washable, you can get replacement foam for them tho.
Ticking can be solved with some good Amsoil or additives such as Pro-ma.
Faded bonnet respray will most probably be the best solution, but if you have a spare 3+ hours and a strong arm, try some cut and polish.

djb160
21-06-2007, 04:37 AM
I'd recomend losing the poddy and try to find a stock air box. Or you could make a cold box for the filter.