PDA

View Full Version : Power window wiring

phatbloke
18-12-2003, 04:40 AM
Hi
I have just about finished putting in my car alarm. I have everything on it going INSERT INTO post VALUES (remote start and all) except the power window module that winds up the windows if one is down. I have installed on before on a honda and it was real simple i just took off the drivers door panel and wired it into the master switches. I figured this would be the same on my 97 Legnum except when i took off the panel there are only 6 wires. 2 are the master lock unlock.

Invesitgating the remaining wires one was a positive when the car was on one a negative and the remaining 2 never changed upon making the windows go up or down. This left me puzzled.

Does anyone know anything about the power window module? Your help would be much apreciated.
I did find this http://www.the12volt.com/request/99galant.asp but the wiring seems to be a bit different.

Cheers

BraindG
18-12-2003, 07:54 AM
i should have the wiring info at home.

FYI:Zedy mentioned that the power through out the vr4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (or mostly at least) is based on pulses.. so two would be drivers side, three would be passenger side.. etc etc..
INSERT INTO post VALUES (correct me if im wrong though)

zedy1
18-12-2003, 09:38 AM
the wiring for the windows are canbus type, if you want to get the windows to go up youll need a window lifter for this veachle im not to sure who does them but cobra might have them as they did alot off the mitsi,the two unread wires are for your window signals

phatbloke
18-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Canbus? Hmm ok well i might have to run the wires right to the power window motors then right? Basically the module just supplies a positive voltage when the windows need to go up or down.

wirdy
23-12-2003, 08:04 PM
I wanted a total closure feature on my car when I had my alarm fitted but was told by Cobra that it wasn't possible. The engineer told me there is no direct link between the window control panel and the window motors on a Galant & said it used a radio link INSERT INTO post VALUES (?). So Zedy - Cobra ain't no help!!
I guess it saves weight / wiring, but pricey if it ever goes wrong, me thinks?

If it's any consolation, I'm just building some time-delay relay boards so my mirrors fold / unfold with alarm set / unlock. Equally as cool "A-LA-MERCEDES"

zedy1
24-12-2003, 12:00 AM
you cant go to the motor directly unless you pull the whole thing apart but you could send them neg input onto one of the wires on the motor plug which will send the windows up and also a neg input to the door circuit and it will work, driver door is abit tricky.

wirdy
24-12-2003, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE=zedy1] you could send them neg input onto one of the wire.......also a neg input to the door circuit QUOTE]

Negative input = earth INSERT INTO post VALUES (ground)??

easy to do then by just energising a relay with the alarm accessory output. What's more tricky about the drivers door window? Doesn't this theory work on that one, wouldn't want only three windows to close INSERT INTO post VALUES (not much point!)

zedy1
24-12-2003, 01:38 AM
on drivers window you have to remove the switch unit and solder two wires on to rear of deivers switch splitted by 2 1amp diodes and a neg pulse 0.8 sec this will then send the window automatically ther is no need to send a timed pulse to this window

Nigelator
07-01-2004, 09:42 AM
you sort of wonder if u can just short the switchINSERT INTO post VALUES (loop across) on the "auto up" at all drivers door units, would be much easyer and less wiring