PDA

View Full Version : Refurbish or new wheels???

slaine
16-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi there, good afternoon.

Well, I have original 17" on my Galant 2001 2.0 sport, but they are all really badly scratched, so to fix them it'll be £70 each, plus new tyres, around £80 each as well, so in total it'd be the same as buying new alloys with the tyres on them already...
That's my question, are these original alloys really worth expending that much money on them? or would I be better off buying new ones?
Thanks for the opinions :)

White Lightning
16-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Where are you based?

I got my 17" EVO VI wheels refurbished by these people:

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/

And that cost me £138 to do all 4 !!!

£70 per wheel sounds a bit pricey to me ... :inquisiti

ANTHONY
16-06-2007, 02:25 PM
the original miti sport wheels are very weak personally i would not pay that sort of money to get them done. alot of wheel shops do some good deals on new wheels and rubber. i have a number of a refurbishment guy who charges from £45.00 per wheel and he comes to you but his in the southe east.

Nick Mann
16-06-2007, 04:17 PM
As Anthony says - the original sport wheels are made of plasticine. Be sure that they are still round before you have them refurbed, and certainly don't spend £70 each on doing it!

Wodjno
16-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi there, good afternoon.

Well, I have original 17" on my Galant 2001 2.0 sport, but they are all really badly scratched, so to fix them it'll be £70 each, plus new tyres, around £80 each as well, so in total it'd be the same as buying new alloys with the tyres on them already...
That's my question, are these original alloys really worth expending that much money on them? or would I be better off buying new ones?
Thanks for the opinions :)

Err :inquisiti

/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan
NEW WHEELS /pan/pan/pan
/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan

slaine
16-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi there, afternoon.

Many thanks for the opinions/info and the quick replies /thankyou
I didnt know these wheels were that weak, I think I'll buy a new set of alloys with tyres on them, there are very good offers around /yes