PDA

View Full Version : potential new owner saying hi!

dan_deelux
16-06-2007, 07:21 PM
hi everyone,
My name is Dan and i live in Winchester. I am currently training to be a nurse, and i finish my training in september.
With regards to cars i have owned a few minis, and am currently on my third volvo 480, a 1991 turbo. It is fairly nippy and practical but i have been looking for a replacement for a little while as frankly the quality and reliabilty of the car are not that good and i am getting a bad back from hauling big downhill bikes in and out of the boot!
I knew that my next car would have to be an estate, and it would have to be quick and preferably not front wheel drive.
i have thought about volvo v70 awd (the t5 model) or an audi s2 estate or similar. i also considered a subaru impreza estate, but they just look a bit too boring for me, plus the chav image sucks a bit too.
this leads me to the vr4, i have seen galants around and liked the look, but i never knew such a mental model existed, until i saw one earlier this week at exeter services; it was a white legnum with a beige leather interior and looked stunning! i have now found the replacement for my volvo!
i am on a community placement as of next week meaning 5 days a week driving around to people's houses, so it will be a no go until after that, but i will start looking now.
expect me to be lurking around the forum and asking stupid questions! (don't worry i will use the search!)
anyway, cheers
Dan :)

psbarham
16-06-2007, 07:55 PM
welcome to the nut house , in order to use the search facility , you must post several pictures of the young female nurses you work with :D

Lillywotsername
16-06-2007, 08:10 PM
post several pictures of the young female nurses you work with :D
You dirty dog Paul.....

/Welcome hope you enjoy you stay and hope you find your ideal car.

ianturbo
16-06-2007, 08:48 PM
man and nurse ! don't seem right to me !! each to there own though .
welcome in

dan_deelux
16-06-2007, 09:00 PM
man and nurse ! don't seem right to me !! each to there own though .

its wicked fun, couldn't do a boring office job!
i will see what i can do about some photos! LOL! /Camera2

AderC
16-06-2007, 09:31 PM
welcome to the nut house , in order to use the search facility , you must post several pictures of the young female nurses you work with :D

or preferably videos!

aDe

psbarham
16-06-2007, 09:48 PM
or preferably videos!

aDe

good point that man :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
16-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Hello and welcome! /welcome

If you can get to Santa Pod next weekend then you will be able to see a few examples and ask us plenty of stupid questions!

Paul Beazer
17-06-2007, 08:03 PM
hi everyone,
My name is Dan and i live in Winchester. I am currently training to be a nurse, and i finish my training in september.
With regards to cars i have owned a few minis, and am currently on my third volvo 480, a 1991 turbo. It is fairly nippy and practical but i have been looking for a replacement for a little while as frankly the quality and reliabilty of the car are not that good and i am getting a bad back from hauling big downhill bikes in and out of the boot!
I knew that my next car would have to be an estate, and it would have to be quick and preferably not front wheel drive.
i have thought about volvo v70 awd (the t5 model) or an audi s2 estate or similar. i also considered a subaru impreza estate, but they just look a bit too boring for me, plus the chav image sucks a bit too.
this leads me to the vr4, i have seen galants around and liked the look, but i never knew such a mental model existed, until i saw one earlier this week at exeter services; it was a white legnum with a beige leather interior and looked stunning! i have now found the replacement for my volvo!
i am on a community placement as of next week meaning 5 days a week driving around to people's houses, so it will be a no go until after that, but i will start looking now.
expect me to be lurking around the forum and asking stupid questions! (don't worry i will use the search!)
anyway, cheers

Cool you ride a mountainbike! What you got? Just downhill or boring XC as well?

Make sure you get a legnum (estate version of a vR4 then!)

dan_deelux
22-06-2007, 07:38 PM
i ride dh, too lazy to ride back up the hills!
definatley looking for a legnum, the look of the 7th gen hatchback is growing on me too, especially if those bull bars can be removed