PDA

View Full Version : Live and direct from the OG

keVR4
17-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Just hooked up to this great site after purchasing a '97 VR4 from SSV in Melbourne.
Originally fancied a Stagea after me mate who owns a Pulsar GTiR talked them up. Went to check one out and it already had a deposit on it, bugger i thought, then we spied the Leggie and it was love at first sight, the rest as they is history, didn't take much convincing to her indoors and wahey, I'm over the moon Brian.
Had an immobiliser fitted for insurance purposes but was told by the auto leccie that without a wiring diagram he couldn't fit a cruise control ( I know it's a bit naff but need it for long hauls)
Thought about contacting Mitsubishi with the vin# to get a copy, checked ebay only a owners manual there, then wondered if there were any nice chaps/ettes on here that could put me onto one? Any help would be greatly received......

Here's a few shots of the Pearly Queen

bradc
17-06-2007, 05:46 AM
I thought that cruise control was when the car was maxed out in 5th and the car just wouldn't go any faster.

Nice car :) Whats your name on ozvr4?

Lillywotsername
17-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Hi and /Welcome.

Nice car you have got there.... :)

keVR4
17-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Same name as on here Brad. Nah Criuse control is an optional in many post 2000 executive cars that lets you set a speed limit usually above 40Kms and sit back and smell the roses, works wonders on fuel ecomony too.

Thanks Lillywhatsyourname, still miss the comforts of a 2 day summer, warm beer and watching me beloved Hammers. Haven't been home in 14 years but have Julie,Ruby,Lily and now the Pearly Queen to keep me sweet.....

bradc
17-06-2007, 10:24 AM
haha yeah I know what it is, I was just making a joke :)

keVR4
17-06-2007, 10:29 AM
OOOeeer I got suck in there.............i'll get my coat

TAR
17-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to the club. Nice lookin car.

Grab a membership, there is loads of info in the members section.

djb160
23-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Don't worry brad takes some getting used to :D

keVR4
24-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanx djb, apart from needing a c/c, me stereo is driving me mental, mainly due to the fact it's a double din unit and I can't get anything over 89.9Khz. I've researched some band expansion type guff but am a bit befuddle by most of the sales pitch, most wanna sell me a new unit, do you guy's across the Tasman suffer the same probs with japanese made units?????
Who listens to mini-disks anywho??

bradc
24-06-2007, 10:04 AM
lol, my unit is a double din without a band expander, and it only goes up to 90mhz as well :)

Mine supports MP3 CD's, so I just have a couple of discs in the car that I just swap every so often.

Nick VR4
24-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to the mad house :D

william
24-06-2007, 07:00 PM
I had a band expander and signal amplifier fitted and it works great. Even a cheap Dick Smith expander will do the job if your signal is strong enough. The build-in car radio atenna has a signal amplifier witch sometimes gets disconnected along the way from Japan to recertification, so check that too.

Joanne
24-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome :)

Yep - we finally found a use for my mini-disks after getting the Leggie :D