PDA

View Full Version : SRS light staying on

Andy Teg
17-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi all,

Just popped out before and noticed that the SRS light didn't go out after starting up. I've had a quick search on the forum and it seems that the only thing I can probably do is to let Mitsubishi have a look at it via the MUT thing. There's nothing else fairly simple like checking any fuses or anything is there? I don't think I've disturbed any of the connectors associated with the airbags or seats, haven't fitted anything new recently.

Cheers,

Andy.

Paul Beazer
17-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi all,

Just popped out before and noticed that the SRS light didn't go out after starting up. I've had a quick search on the forum and it seems that the only thing I can probably do is to let Mitsubishi have a look at it via the MUT thing. There's nothing else fairly simple like checking any fuses or anything is there? I don't think I've disturbed any of the connectors associated with the airbags or seats, haven't fitted anything new recently.

Cheers,

Andy.
You could try and disconnect the battery to so if it will reset the SRS light. Bear in mind it will mean your ECU will need to re-learn what it does (and if you have an auto the gearbox ECU will need to re-learn).

Gazzor
17-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi all,

Cheers,

Andy.

It will be the notorious clockspring, they wear with time is your car about 8 years old or more ?

Andy Teg
18-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I was thinking about the clock spring, the horn still works but guess that doesn't mean that the SRS connection isn't bust. I did notice that a sort of clicking noise was coming from the steering wheel now and again when I turned it to full lock, wonder if that was the clock spring. Think I'll go into the garage that I usually go to and see if they've got anything like the MUT II, I've heard Mitsubishi like to charge small fortunes just for the plugging it in!

d i c k i e s
22-06-2007, 03:46 AM
ohh no, not the SRS light... mine was the clock spring. $500NZ to replace. you cant get a second hand one due to saftey issues... so i was told from the wreckers when i was looking for one.