PDA

View Full Version : Advise on boost controllers

starky
17-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm looking for a boost controller for my VR4, I had a HKS one in my GTR and it was simple to use, and did its job fantasticly, which I liked. Thing is what workes best in a VR4?

Any advise would be great on any of the following guys.........

Trust Greddy Profec B spec II 2 £167

BLITZ DUAL SBC DSBC SPEC R Electronic Boost Controller £187

BLITZ DUAL SBC DSBC SPEC S Electronic Boost Controller £141

Also what are yor thoughts on these?

Apexi Pen Size Turbo Timer for only £33?

Sorry for all the questions guys......../thankyou

Nutter_John
17-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Lot's of choice , My perference is the Apexi one but other like the profec one .

Infact I'm sure Glen is selling a Profec B on Ebay at the minute ( also in the classifieds )

Wodjno
17-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Lot's of choice , My perference is the Apexi one but other like the profec one .

Infact I'm sure Glen is selling a Profec B on Ebay at the minute ( also in the classifieds )

Nope :thinking:

Selling a Greddy Profec E-01 :D

But then !! It "is" a lot more than just a Boost Controller :pimp2:

But as John said " " There's plenty of choice out there and it's each individuals preference to the Boost Controller they settle for /yes

PS... JoN

The names "Glenn" /yes

Axeboy
17-06-2007, 10:31 PM
The profec E-01 is far better in my opinion than the Profec B

Also, I prefer the older HKS EVC's personally...

shoten69
18-06-2007, 02:04 AM
I have used a couple of different EVC's and found the only one that did not spike was the AVCR.

I have had the HKS EVC IV, Turbosmart and of course the bleed valve!

AVCR just gets the job done! I have heard the same results from a few friends also.

Again, this is personal choice, just letting you know what I found.

Eurospec
18-06-2007, 12:27 PM
I have used loads of these puppys in all different forms.

My personal preference is for the Blitz DSBC Spec R (Bargain at that price by the way!!)

But i think the Apexi AVCR would be the one to go for on the galant. The turbos are small and so boost drops off into the rpms. The avcr will let you increase dc by rpm so enabling you to hold boost better.

I think the profec E01 will do this too, but i dont like it myself. The other profec's (ie A or B) i have found to be somewhat innacurate in what they are doing.

Hope thats useful.

Cheers,

Ben.

starky
19-06-2007, 01:36 AM
I have used loads of these puppys in all different forms.

My personal preference is for the Blitz DSBC Spec R (Bargain at that price by the way!!)

But i think the Apexi AVCR would be the one to go for on the galant. The turbos are small and so boost drops off into the rpms. The avcr will let you increase dc by rpm so enabling you to hold boost better.

I think the profec E01 will do this too, but i dont like it myself. The other profec's (ie A or B) i have found to be somewhat innacurate in what they are doing.

Hope thats useful.

Cheers,

Ben.

Very thankyou :)