PDA

View Full Version : ABS problems

MarcelVr4
21-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Its been some time since I have this problem, not that serious not that easy to resolve, I dont know what it might be, some guy told me to check the sensors the last time the car was being checked.

The ABS light is up, so is the TCL one the one to the right of the TCL, I dunno what the hell it is.

Right now I have the ABS unplugged, Car works fine without them but just ABS light up, and I would like to have everything running ok.

When I plug in the ABS system, disconnect the battery to reset the computer, light goes off, then after a while, when running the car at a speed over 30mph, the car starts to brake slightly by itself . The brakepad locks slightly too, until you give some pressure to it, it lats like 5 mins until ABS light comes up again and system goes down.

Any ideas ?

Rims perfect, brand new
Aligned and Balanced

Everything else works fine I dunno how to solve this, please.

Thank
Marcel Fernandez

stuartturbo
21-06-2007, 07:16 PM
fault code read it

KiwiTT
21-06-2007, 10:04 PM
There was a re-call on brakes.

See if yours was affected.

http://dogandlemon.com/recall/model.php?make=MITSUBISHI&model=GALANT

Spirit
21-06-2007, 11:52 PM
My most recent ABS issues have been 3 x spiggot ring failures in 12 months and an ABS modulator failure........as Stuart says, can you get the fault code(s) read ?

muppet
22-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Probably a silly question but if I check all these re-calls & any aren't done are Mitsi responsible for the work, no questions asked, as its a safety re-call. Or, as life's never that simple, what is the score?

MarcelVr4
23-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Fault Code is

M/C Pressure Sensor

or

code 73 by number ?

No one could find anything, can someone help me out please ?

stuartturbo
23-06-2007, 09:05 PM
73 Snsr.lr-s.jmp Left rear tone wheel ....on the Lr -wheel
or 73 = Directional control valve (left) system (open- or short-circuit) this maybe AYC

Or all complete rubbish
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22930&highlight=Diagnosis+codes

MarcelVr4
24-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Any ideas of what this could be or what caused it ?

bonecracker
11-10-2010, 03:24 AM
hi in the center console there are 3 ecu s stacked on top of each other can anyone tell me which is the abs ecu.cheers

peter thomson
11-10-2010, 09:55 AM
hi in the center console there are 3 ecu s stacked on top of each other can anyone tell me which is the abs ecu.cheers

None of those are for the abs