PDA

View Full Version : Going to Keighley

djwarden
21-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Before everyone says dont go, its only to take my mates to pick up their new motors, a skyline and a supra and while up there i thought id take a look at their stock of leggys. So many of you have previously said its a bad idea but if anyone has had a good experience with them id appreciate hearing it too. One of my mates bought a GTO from them previously and he loved it and it was a tidy car so ill just go have a nose for now:inquisiti

ianturbo
21-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Before everyone says dont go, its only to take my mates to pick up their new motors, a skyline and a supra and while up there i thought id take a look at their stock of leggys. So many of you have previously said its a bad idea but if anyone has had a good experience with them id appreciate hearing it too. One of my mates bought a GTO from them previously and he loved it and it was a tidy car so ill just go have a nose for now:inquisiti

i went there other weekend , plenty of cars but staff just sat around :thinking:
not a hi or anything had to ask for keys and thats all conversation i got !!/pan
let us know what you think as its not to far from me !
Ian

Nick Mann
21-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I think 'Don't go' is a bit strong.

I would personally go, but treat it as a private sale.

I have heard of people getting good cars for good money, but I have heard of plenty more who have hated the service!

ingocaius
23-06-2007, 07:14 AM
got my legnum from there few minor niggles but is a very clean car runs lovely now but as above give any potential buys a proper check

Gowf
23-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Im afraid my experience wasnt too good. I saw a '99 galant vr4 on there website so called about it. Bloke was very keen to get me to come up, but didnt give the impression that he knew too much about the car. When i got there(some 200 mile drive), the car was rough, i wasnt allowed a test drive although he had previously said that it wouldnt be a problem. The car had also gained £1000 in price when i got there. When trying to talk to the bloke about it, he wasnt at all interested and so just put me right off it.

They obviously have a huge thing going up there due to the sheer volume of cars that they keep in stock. But in my opinion (and yes it is only limited to the 1 experience) the cars were mostly of the 'abused' variety. I may have just gone on a bad day, but thats my 2p's worth.

Ended up getting my car from Matt at Nippon in Derby, and i got a cracking car at a very decent price.

bigsed
23-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I have not been to see them myself but have only heard (numerous) bad stories about them and their motors. For a kick off they are getting cars through DVLA that shouldn't be on the roads. Personally I would steer well clear.

djwarden
23-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanx for the advice guys went up today and saw a tidy one but they obviously werent that keen to sell cos they wouldnt let me take a test drive even tho i have insurance to cover it! Oh well theres a few import centres near me that can get hold of cars when i want one

ianturbo
24-06-2007, 12:52 AM
need i say more !
when i went i got the (i only work here and don't give a toss !)impression !!!
i only live 25 miles away so to drive 200 i would be in HMP for a bit ov gbh or more !!
ian

djwarden
24-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Well I had to bite my tongue on more than one occassion and i dont really think the mods will let me say how i feel cos cussing is baaaad!

ingocaius
24-06-2007, 10:23 AM
it was a 250 mile round trip for me on the plus side of them not being too bothered was they didnt go over the delica i part exed for the legnum heh

Beastlee
24-06-2007, 11:35 AM
it was a 250 mile round trip for me on the plus side of them not being too bothered was they didnt go over the delica i part exed for the legnum heh

Unfortunately they probably wouldn't do anything with it either before they sell it to some unsuspecting meber of the public....just like the rest of their cars by the sounds of it.....

Andy Teg
24-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I haven't been there myself, but I've not really heard anything too good about the place from people who've dealt (or tried to deal) with them. I mean not letting you take a car for a test drive? What the hell is that all about?! However, they're obviously doing business as they're still around and people are still complaining about them!

Axeboy
24-06-2007, 03:18 PM
My first vr4 was the best vr4 Id ever driven.

It was from K, but as above, treat as a private sale.

Some lucky ones.

tonyshep
28-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Have heard some bad stuff from a few people who have been looking at japanese stuff,Think its a "no" myself like.

ianturbo
28-06-2007, 09:27 PM
if anyone in the know going for a look round there is a red manuel one there ,can they have a snoop round it and let me no !
ian

watson
28-06-2007, 11:17 PM
The majority of the cars imported by keighley trade centre and there other trading names are grade 3 imports. Most cars have some damage to them, even though the pictures they put on there website make them appear mint. I only live 15mins away and have been there numerous times hoping to find a bargain that everyone talks about. Every time i've been disappointed. If you have serious money to spend then there indoor showroom houses there better cars. But as mentioned before the people who work there aren't very friendly. They also like to list fresh import on all there adverts, which quite often isn't true. Plenty of the cars are rough imports which have been in the country for a while, and have usually been hammered.

shaun1978
18-02-2008, 06:15 PM
I phoned about a leggy and they sounded OK on the phone , but got there and what a bunch of ***** , and they bumped up the price around £1000 , couldnt be doing with that so walked off.

J7869
18-03-2008, 12:27 PM
bought my legnum from there.....it was perfect....a very good condition 1.....although not all there cars are as good for adding a grand on?...i dont know about that....the prices on the cars themselves ARE different from whatsadvertised...some of em anyway but wateva's on the ad is final....or he LEAST.....just depends....u can only tell from the actual car....not the pics to see how good it really is.........mines been written off from the back now.....wonder if theyl take it in p/x for another 1?.......the actual geezer who owns the place is ok......cant say much for his cleaning staff tho...n thats all they are.....cleaning staff for the cars....lol.

waxer
01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
I looked at Legnums there, but didn't buy. The staff were very stand-offish, but gave me the keys and let me have a good look round without hassling me- one man's "helpful" is another man's "pushy"! In the end, I decided the cars weren't the one for me, but I can't say the one I did buy was any better value, it just seemed less messed with.

ianturbo
01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
This is an old thread ! ... i ended up with red manual a few probs but all sorted now .
ian

waxer
01-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I know it's old but it's still relevant. It was the word "keighley" that caught my eye, as I live in Settle- just up the road from Accy!

brettney19
17-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I just bought a Galant VR4 from there and its not bad. I agree about the staff there, they dont really take much notice of you. I have got a problem with the drivers side front wheel bearing. I called and the garage are sending me a cheque in the post to cover it. There is another unusual noise when turning left as well. It sounds like a wheel screeching but i wasn't going that quick? ( Becasue of the bearings) . So all in all, not bad but not sure if i would bother going to them again.

peter thomson
17-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi and welcome to the club. The other noise may be a bottom balljoint or the tyre catching a loose wheel arch guard and congratulations on the purchase

elnevio
17-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah, say hello in a new thread, and everyone will be welcoming you and demanding pictures in short order!

brettney19
19-06-2008, 09:28 PM
I will say hello in another then :)
Well i had a bit of a lucky escape this morning! No Brakes! Luckily you have to press the brake to remove the car from park. I then proceeded at an alarming rate backwards towards my other half's car. I manage to snatch the handbrake up in time when i realised. The AA have recovered it to Ralliart Mitsubishi in Colchester and apparently the master cylinder has gone. The garage have said that they will pay for this thank god. I could do without the 500 nugget bill :( .
They did want me to get it transported back to the garage and the for me to pick it up when it was ready. I managed to worm my way out of that one though. 10-14 working days for a master cylinder from Mitsubishi. Keighley reckon that he can get one sent to me before that, but i will wait to find out tomorrow on that one! Im so gutted it might not be ready for my week off next week, i was looking forward to a back road blast round Thetford forest. Oh well, life is such....

Kieran
19-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Brettney - Hang fire. Has your car had the stability recall done? Is it a Tiptronic?

Reason I ask is the symptoms are exactly the same as you have described and a new master cylinder is only part of the cure.

If you're unsure, check your rear windscreen - There may be some 'G' stickers, with a number in them - Post them if you have them and we can confirm.

Alternatively, PM me your chassis number and I can check on Mitsubishi's Japan recall page.

brettney19
19-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes i do have g stickers! Damn i pulled one off as i didnt think they were important? Dont know about the recall and yes its tiptronic.

Kieran
19-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes i do have g stickers! Damn i pulled one off as i didnt think they were important? Dont know about the recall and yes its tiptronic.

Send me a private message with your chassis number - That's all I need to check it out - Or you can do it yourself if you follow the instructions here:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5201

brettney19
19-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Im not getting much from that site? I must be doing it wrong :(....

Kieran
19-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Im not getting much from that site? I must be doing it wrong :(....

I've repled to your PM - For anyone else pondering Brettney's problems, all recall work appears to have been done in Japan, so the ASC recall's now ruled out. :)

brettney19
19-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks very much for looking into that for me. I didn't think to look into any of that. Lets hope the dealer can find me a cylinder as i dont fancy waiting 2 weeks for a part without any wheels. I suppose i was lucky as the car had to go in and get a drivers side front wheel bearing done anyway.:thinking: