PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen washers at traffic lights

schnapper
19-12-2003, 05:00 AM
Had a run in with one of these idiots today. He came down the queue of traffic with his Santa hat on as they do at this time of the year, I was the 3rd car down.

I shook my head and said no. I don't like these guys touching my VR4 . I had a wiper broken by one once. He ignored me and started cleaning my windscreen anyway. I pulled the handbrake on ,opened my door and yelled at him to leave my car alone followed by a couple of expletives. He promptly walked off and left me with soapy water covering my windscreen.

When the lights changed he was back on the side of the road pinting me out to his mate. As I drove past I felt an obscene gesture on my part was in order to which he responded by calling me a bitch.

God damn if felt good to have a go at one of these guys. They tend to pick on women because they think we will accept it. He picked the wrong one today. Little did he know how attached I am to my car!!!

tunes
19-12-2003, 05:32 AM
I have seen this happen so much to both women and elderly folk. What they don't count on is that women have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. Good on you for speaking your mind.

KiwiTT
21-12-2003, 02:30 AM
I hate them too !!

After seeing your car, I can understand why you don't want them touching it.

Pescha
21-12-2003, 08:21 AM
I have heard INSERT INTO post VALUES (don't know how true) that some idiots put urine into the bottles just for a laugh! I have never ever let these idiots touch any INSERT INTO post VALUES (especially my VR4 and hubby's R/T Charger) of our cars! :nono: Anyway you go girl 'GIRLPOWER' :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Pescha!

P.S it's awesome we are getting more girl owners INSERT INTO post VALUES (or is that woman owners lol)!!

Kieran
21-12-2003, 10:53 AM
....and hubby's R/T Charger)

:stunned: Really?! A genuine hard as nails, pump-suckin' 426 Hemi version from the sixites/seventies?

Phwoaaar.... :smitten: :adore: :kissy3: :bow:

schnapper
21-12-2003, 07:45 PM
I have found out you can report these guys on *555 and the police will get rid of them. They can be fined up to $500 but its more likely the police will just move them on I suspect. Another tip I read was to turn your windscreen wipers on when they approach your car.

I prefer the lean out of the window and abuse them method myself.

KiwiTT
21-12-2003, 09:22 PM
*555 is a good service. A quick call and the police deal with the incident.

Incidently, I have hardly ever had to use the windsscreen washer ? It seems as if the windscreen is angled so well it or is of such high quality it doesn't need it.

SGHOM
21-12-2003, 09:56 PM
would you call 555 if they were topless women wanting to wash your screen?? :-D :-D

KiwiTT
21-12-2003, 09:59 PM
hmmmmm ...... keep it seemly please

schnapper
21-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Topless women don't do a lot for me.....but anyone touching my car without my permission is going to be in trouble.