PDA

View Full Version : !Warning Scammers using CVR4 Classifieds!

Beastlee
22-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey all just to let the sellers know that there are scammers utilising the classifieds area. If you get an e-mail from wayne bill [wayne_happy202@hotmail.com] then expect a brief intial e-mail asking about the condition of the car followed by this :

Thanks for your email,

I will like you to know that am very much interested in purchasing the CAR after i read about it great condition .Also, i want you to know that it's condition is satisfied.But, I still have to get a satisfying conscience on the CAR and how it's really work.So i decided to get my mechanic to come over to your location so that he can have a test drive on the car before the transaction is sealed.

I want you to know that i would have come in person for the test drive of the Car myself but at present am not in the state so i had to contact my mechanic to come help me on that. I need to let you know that the payment of the Car is going to be mail out to you through my client who is owing me sum fund in UK pound.I will instruct him to make the payment of the debt to you. The total amount that he own me is £6,800 .

Please note that once you received the mail check in the amount £6,800 you will have to deduct the cost of the Car and all neccersary charge plus the change of ownership document fee.I want you to know that you have to send the refund to my shipping company who will be coming down to you location for the car pick-up along with the mechanic that will have the car test drive..

The excess fund is for the pick-up of the car and the transport fee of the mechanic to your location.I will like you to get back with the following details so that the check can be mail to you immediately.

Name On Check:
Address:
City:
State:
Phone #:

I want you to k now that once i received the above information.It's will be forward to my client for immediate payment ..Also,I will appreciate if yo can get the advert remove from the net and consider it sold to me.Am ready to make additional compensation fee for that.Wait your swift response..

Many Thanks.
Cheers.

This is a scam by which you get a stolen cheque (note they say check, American spelling), take your car and you pay back whatever they reckon the difference is. By the time the cheque bounces (remember it's stolen/fake) you have sent them some money and they have your car. The clever part for them is that even if they only get £10 of you money due to the 'fees' they still have you car so they don't really care.

You have been warned, if anyone else gets something like this provide as much information as possible to the Fraud Squad at Scotland Yard, where this e-mail will be heading, so they can catch them in the act.

The most annoying thing is there's no real way to stop them e-mailing you.

Regards
Lee

SGHOM
22-06-2007, 09:36 PM
are you sure his name's not wayne kerr ?? :happy: :happy:

Beastlee
22-06-2007, 09:39 PM
LOL

Do you know that the law changed in April? You can only report fraud to your bank and they will raise the incident to the police only if necessary.
Way to reduce the crime figures given fraud is the most rapidly increasing crime in the UK!!!!!!

Brunty
23-06-2007, 10:10 AM
The most annoying thing is there's no real way to stop them e-mailing you.

Nope but you can make it harder - report him to hotmail, they'll have various details and may prevent him opening further email accounts.

BraindG
23-06-2007, 10:13 AM
ill look into this...

Beastlee
23-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks Barry,

It would seem he has seen the advert and followed the e-mail this seller link as it came in on my registered e-mail, not via the on on my site.

If you need more info let me know.
Lee

djwarden
24-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Ive had an almost identical email on ebay before, it was from nigeria and I know most of the scammers come from there and spell badly with awful grammar

Xeroid
24-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Guys, I'm on www.419eater.com, look it up and read some of the stories on there ( and the antics of scam baiters like myself who counter it )

This kind of scam is far more common than you think and for much bigger things than cars sometimes. Large amounts of money have been lost by many gullible people. So be very careful of badly spelled, grammatically weird emails.

( I don't work on 419 under my usual name so you won't find 'me' there so to speak )

Little Miss Road Rage
24-06-2007, 07:50 AM
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is

thats what I say

stuartturbo
24-06-2007, 09:04 PM
So be very careful of badly spelled, grammatically weird emails.

bugger that's me mistaken for a scammer then /lol
trouble is there is so many people that full for a scam making it worth will

ingocaius
06-07-2007, 07:32 AM
thata me ok i only deal in hard cash if im selliing summat i want to see the colour of there money first