PDA

View Full Version : Post 1999 VR4s

Dishuldog
23-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi there, I'm new to this forum having just dicovered its existence, I'm looking to buy a VR4 at the moment but not having a whole lot of luck finding the right car. It seems that the choice is generally a slightly older higher mileage car for around £3-4,000 or something newer or a bit special (see Andy43's Galant in the classifieds) for around £7-8,000. This might possibly be a stupid question, and I have tried the search, why are there so few post 1999 imported VR4s around. I have seen only one in weeks of searching, any ideas? I guess what I am looking for realy is a late model VR4 with under 50,000 miles on it for around £6-7,000. Do you reckon this is wishful thinking. Any help would be appreciated

thanks, Ru

SGHOM
23-06-2007, 08:28 PM
simple answer........ model report. :scholar:

basically, you cant import a post '97 car. bummer I know , but thats life. /Grrr

djb160
23-06-2007, 11:47 PM
thats why up untill december NZ is a beter place for cars.

Dishuldog
24-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for that SGHOM I knew there had to be a simple answer. I'm now wondering how the one 2001 car I did find got over here, best give him a ring I suppose!

TAR
24-06-2007, 03:29 PM
If its the one thats been advertised in Autotrader forever, its not a 2001 model, it has been wrongly registered. Its a prefacelift model.

bernmc
24-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Rallliart/Mitsusteally officialy imported around 200 cars, so there are a few later model cars around -mostly saloons :sick: . Also some grey imports that got in before the model reports...

Dishuldog
24-06-2007, 06:44 PM
It's for sale at Futurautos.co.uk and yes it is in autotrader and also on ebay. They implied on the phone that it was one that just slipped in before the model reports.

Thanx for all your help, Ru

Nick Mann
24-06-2007, 08:41 PM
If it is the blue one that is Y8** *KE then it is a prefacelift, which is mid 98 at the youngest. It cannot be manufactured in 2001 - that colour and that bodykit were not used after 1998.

Dishuldog
27-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for that Nick, you just saved me £20 and a wasted journey so I just spent it on becoming a member. Just bought a lovely VR4 and am looking forward to picking it up at the weekend can't wait!

cheers, Ru

Paul Beazer
27-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for that Nick, you just saved me £20 and a wasted journey so I just spent it on becoming a member. Just bought a lovely VR4 and am looking forward to picking it up at the weekend can't wait!

cheers, Ru

more info on the car please! Did you buy from a member? Welcome!

Nick Mann
27-06-2007, 09:27 PM

cheers, Ru

No probs. I wasn't the only one to spot it, but I just helped with a bit more info.

And now you are a member you have your own vbgarage to put photos of your new toy in!! :thumbsup:

Dishuldog
28-06-2007, 12:54 PM
More info on the car? Well when I said I'd bought it I may have been a bit previous. Of course what I realy meant to say was that I had agreed to buy the car at an ageed price as long as all was as it seemed, which I'm positive it will be, when i go to have a look at it at the weekend. Is that the same thing?? I dunno.
Anyway the car in question is Andy43s 2000 Galant for sale in the classifieds. Couldn't ask for more in a car realy, I'm realy excited, my current vehicle is a Toyota Townace so you can see how much I can't wait for next week.
To be honest I'd never driven anything with that sort of bhp, although I do ride sports bikes, until last week when a friend lent me his impreza import (280bhp). Very impressed I was, with the speed but no so much with the comfort, I'm hoping the Galant will be a great compromise. Also with a kid and a dog that need to be kept mostly seperate, the estate thing realy does it for me!

Nick Mann
28-06-2007, 02:52 PM
The VR4 is the best all-rounder ever IMO. I am obviously biased! I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

andy43
30-06-2007, 03:47 PM
My car is now sold, so all comments like 'ooh you don't want to sell that, it's lovely' will not be appreciated! My drive looks very empty. :givemebee
The VR4 experience well and truly sold it to Ru - it's been p!ssing down all day here, so the test drive opened his eyes to the planted feeling you get from these cars. Think he was quite happy he'd travelled from near Brighton to near Manchester to check the car out.

One thing to note is there are buyers out there who haven't heard of this site - so the chances of the 1996 car mentioned being falsely sold as a 2001 Y-reg facelift are high - two people have told me about the 'Plymouth 50k miles 2001 car for much less than yours'. There's a reason for that!

So, if you DO sell your VR4, tell everyone who is interested in the car about this website, as I, and probably Ru also, wouldn't have bought one without the backup it provides. Ru said he'd read everything I've ever posted on here - same as I did with Sulli's posts before I bought the car. Ru - enjoy/Steeringw

Cheers, Andy /notworthy

Beastlee
30-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Guess you won't be wanting to view mine after all ;)

Congrats on the purchase Ru, and the sale Andy. Be prepared for your face to be painful from the permanent smile on it.

bradc
30-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Ru- make sure you put up heaps of pictures and stay in touch, andy's car is simply awesome and it would be a shame for it to disappear off the cvr4 radar so to speak.

Dishuldog
01-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi again, sorry I havn't posted earlier but I've been a tad busy wasting a couple of tanks of BP's finest. What an amazing car, I've only driven it in the rain so far and I still can't get the grin off my face. Claire my wife has spent the day sat next to me laughing out loud at my outrageous roundabout efforts to light up the AYC lights, occasionly reminding me we have our 6 month old daughter and our English Bull Terrier in the back and to act my age. What other car could give you all this at once?
On a more serious note I would also like to thank Andy43 for looking after this beautiful car so well, his attention to detail has been outstanding, and for being such a great guy to do business with, I can't say how pleasantly suprised I was to find that at the beginning of my long journey home he had sold me a car with a near anough full tank of fuel, unheard of I think! especially when I think I heard quite a lump in his throat a prehaps a moistening of the eye as I drove it from his drive, thanks mate.
Anyway I'm off out again now, the roads are drying out as I speak.

Kieran
01-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Another happy VR-4 owner. :afro: Just remeber - despite the fuel bills, it's the most fun you can have with your pants on!:afro:

andy43
02-07-2007, 09:46 AM
/Wyhy
Well ,to be honest, it was a refreshing change to deal with a buyer who didn't mess about - turned up with insurance in place, cash in the pocket, and prior knowledge of everything that's been typed by me in the past two years :inquisiti
A tank of petrol was worth it. Warranty Direct transfer form and cheque off today, and as I said on Saturday, any problems or questions, by all means ask.
Roundabouts are fun aren't they?/rally