PDA

View Full Version : A**hole neighbour

SGHOM
24-06-2007, 10:58 AM
The asshole opposite refuses point blank to put his car on his drive. /Grrr His excuse is his wife cant get it on or off the drive.
Merc estate [ used to have an audi ] not his car.... he's only a poxy rep for a removal firm. /pan

Anyway...... he was out last night, so when I got home I left mine on the road. Got up this morning to find his on the road opposite mine, with barely enough room for other cars to pass. /Grrr AND...................... A foot long scratch on my rear door !! /Grrr /Grrr
Not caused by a car but by a key or knife. The chances of proving it was him are nil...... so is the chance of it NOT being him that did it ! /pan /pan

zentac
24-06-2007, 11:17 AM
buy an old bannger, insure it and reverse into him comming off your drive ;)

SGHOM
24-06-2007, 11:34 AM
buy an old bannger, insure it and reverse into him comming off your drive ;)
Whats the point in that ?? :thinking: It's not his car . another slight problem is he's in his 30's, 6' 5", 18 stone, & has served time for GBH !! :speechles :baby:

Beastlee
24-06-2007, 11:39 AM
And still lose your no-claims.....

I hate tossers like that, there should be a la against them.

Physician
24-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Let's post a message on the Internet that there's a party (Rave) at (address) next saturday ............

psbarham
24-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Let's post a message on the Internet that there's a party (Rave) at (address) next saturday ............

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Spirit
24-06-2007, 12:32 PM

Or start ordering loads of take aways, and taxi's to arrive at his house ?

Or pee through his letterbox :pimp2:

Physician
24-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Or pee through his letterbox :pimp2:

Would have to be one of us as Derek couldn't reach :pimp2:

Nick VR4
24-06-2007, 01:22 PM
If his wife cant drive that off the driveway she shouldnt be driving in the first place

Phone his company up and make loads of compliants regarding his Driving and Parking :D

stuartturbo
24-06-2007, 01:30 PM
odds on it probaly should be parked off the road anyway ???
what a vvanker

MGV6
24-06-2007, 01:46 PM
another slight problem is he's in his 30's, 6' 5", 18 stone, & has served time for GBH !! :speechles :baby:

I wouldn't mess with him

:smartass2

SGHOM
24-06-2007, 04:28 PM
accident or deliberate ?? :thinking:
you decide !!

steve190
24-06-2007, 04:59 PM
If his wife cant drive that off the driveway she shouldnt be driving in the first place

Phone his company up and make loads of compliants regarding his Driving and Parking :D

Phone his company up and complain about HER driving. Whats the odds she not covered. Any of you neighbours pee'd off also - get them phoning up :scholar:

Wodjno
24-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't mess with him

:smartass2

So you treat people like your traffic light GP's :inquisiti

MGV6
24-06-2007, 08:04 PM
So you treat people like your traffic light GP's :inquisiti

sort of ;)

djwarden
24-06-2007, 08:10 PM

I produce flyers for this sort of thing seeing as i hold a few my self and sseing that scratch id happily donate a few hundred FOC of course :pimp2:

bradc
24-06-2007, 08:51 PM
I like Steve's idea, call up the company he works for and complain about the wife driving the merc :D

stevec205gti
24-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I've got a similar problem with one of my neighbours - he came home in a larger works van and has to swing in 90 degrees to my car. I go out to the car one morning to find the back of my 205 boot caved in and the paint rubbed out. His is the only car in the car park with any body parts high enough to have done the damage, and he also always reverses out right up to the back of my car, but with no proof I can do nothing about it.

ianturbo
24-06-2007, 09:33 PM
pay your local (hoodies !) a bottle of wicked or a fiver and i am sure they could help you out !!!

d i c k i e s
24-06-2007, 10:22 PM
accident or deliberate ?? :thinking:
you decide !!

looks deliberate to me, i have the same issue... the thing is in my situation its the buses aswell. they try get me to move, and im like hell no. im parked legally nothing else i can do. The thing is im also an off street parker, i dont have a driveway... so no excuses for me to be in a driveway etc.

Crossbow
24-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Well for the small prise of a tin of sardines in oil pushed in to the air vent :sick: he will have all the town cat on it for day’s and he will not drive it for some time and it will cost him more than it will cost you to fix the damage

barnard
24-06-2007, 11:03 PM
. another slight problem is he's in his 30's, 6' 5", 18 stone, & has served time for GBH !! :speechles :baby:
The removal firm he works for are not fussy who they employ, then.

SGHOM
24-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Would have to be one of us as Derek couldn't reach :pimp2:

I'm 6' 2"...... I can reach most letter boxes !! :thinking: :happy: :happy:

Spirit
24-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm 6' 2"...... I can reach most letter boxes !! :thinking: :happy: :happy:

I don't think he was hinting at your height, most likely your length

SGHOM
24-06-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't think he was hinting at your height, most likely your length
I'm still 6' 2" laid down ?? :speechles :thinking: :thinking:

Physician
25-06-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm still 6' 2" laid down ?? :speechles :thinking: :thinking:

Bahahaha! /haz /haz /haz

Little Miss Road Rage
25-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Well for the small prise of a tin of sardines in oil pushed in to the air vent :sick: he will have all the town cat on it for day’s and he will not drive it for some time and it will cost him more than it will cost you to fix the damage

Yeah and if he ever leaves the window open pour some milk in. Its really hard to get rid of the smell lol.

I had a similar prob with our neighbour opposite except he couldn't get his Fiat Panda off the drive if anyone else was parked in the street. He scratched my landrover and blocked my bros car in until my dad come out and started getting ready to tow his car out the way with the landy. We also blocked his drive with a 7.5 tonne truck and laughed at him. When the police came we were recovering a car so they told him to stop wasting police time

Eurospec
25-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Neighbourhood disputes. Excellent./Grrr

I always think you cant win. Essentially you cant reason with unreasonable people.

He parks his car, you park yours, *he* scratches yours, you do whatever. It escalates and ends up with fistycuffs or the cops. And forever living in an uncomfortable environment.

About all you can do is speak to him about it. Tell him his actions are inconsiderate and he is inconvieniencing you, others etc. If he has b@lls he will be the bigger man and climb down. If he hasnt he will say F you or similar and keep doing what hes doing.

Ordering him Taxi's, pizza's, indians, sending him the gay times on subscription, etc help you feel better but he will suspect you and prolly retaliate in kind.

Best thing i can think of is hire a clamping company, and clamp the mofo well and good. That way they can say its a no parking area and they will have a load of hairy r'sd bouncer types who he can yell at and go on, but they wont give him any info, or remove the clamp till he coughs up! A few unnoficial but official looking no parking signs will help!

I have this in my street. There are three houses all in a little close. Each has a drive big enough for one car. Everyone has at least two cars. So there is an unwritten rule that the two 'unallocated' parking bays at the end of the street and the space at the grass verge can be parked in by whoever lives there and arrives first. Never any probs between the three housholds over this.

Now though, we have a guy who lives in a mews house in the next road to us. He has his own single allocated space outside his own house in his own street. WHere does he park? In my f'ing street! And not just one car, a pajero, a 406 and get this a f'ing caravan! So thats it! All the people from our street have to park their cars elsewhere because numb nuts has his freakin house on wheels in there!

I spoke to him aout it once and he just said' oh well its a public street, anyone can park there'. I said yes, but its very inconvienient for the people who live here. He says 'well its first come first served'.

I am waiting till the bugger goes out with it all, and i will FILL the street with cars. I will get all the dead and scrap cars i can, all our cars, everything i have i will park in there till he takes his own caravan and burns the f'er!

Cheers,

Ben.

Lillywotsername
25-06-2007, 11:20 AM
I am waiting till the bugger goes out with it all, and i will FILL the street with cars. I will get all the dead and scrap cars i can, all our cars, everything i have i will park in there till he takes his own caravan and burns the f'er!

You are lucky to be in a position to be able to do that though Ben....

I sometimes feel sorry for my neighbours..... We have 4 cars outside our house permanently at the mo and when WRD customers/ CVR4 members turn up it looks like a Jap car convention.

Also my next door neighbour has his own business and he has 3 sometimes 4 or 5 vehicles parked outside his house ( 1 being a large van)

Derek.... don't know what to suggest Hun tbh. you are stuck on the top of a hill with a completely unreasonable BANKER, who is just going to get nastier no matter what you do. Ben's idea was a good one though.

Paul Beazer
25-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Is it a towed caravan or motorised? I dont think its legal to park a towing caravan in a public road.

Nutter_John
25-06-2007, 01:30 PM
D , we have a wheel clamp at the garage , could always follow him one day and well wait until he parks up and do the deed with it :D

Physician
25-06-2007, 02:47 PM
D , we have a wheel clamp at the garage , could always follow him one day and well wait until he parks up and do the deed with it :D

Yea, let's all chip in for a clamp and then just forget about it - leave it up to him to get it cut off. Not outside his house but when he's out somewhere.

http://www.parkingcontrol.co.uk/shop_clamps-and-removal.asp?gclid=CMS544qy94wCFRg-QAodMm698A

And in a few months time, after things have settled down a bit ............ a letter or note through his letter box from 'an irate woman' addressed to his wife telling her to put a lead on him as he's a cheapskate who dumped her as soon as he had bedded her etc etc .......... you get the drift. :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

WildCards
25-06-2007, 04:38 PM
And in a few months time, after things have settled down a bit ............ a letter or note through his letter box from 'an irate woman' addressed to his wife telling her to put a lead on him as he's a cheapskate who dumped her as soon as he had bedded her etc etc .......... you get the drift. :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

WTF you evil ba5tard..... do it D

SGHOM
25-06-2007, 06:44 PM
The fat ba5tard has gone out? /pan shall I park directly outside his house !! :scholar: :pimp2:

Beastlee
25-06-2007, 06:48 PM
I think there should be a law to stop business vehicles from being parked at home addresses, unless the person has sufficient private parking to house the vehicle. It should be requirment of offering home run businesses and bigger companies should be fined if there fleet cars are found to be responsible for causing obstructions in residential areas.

The fat ba5tard has gone out? shall I park directly outside his house !!
Yeah, as long as you aren't obstructing a vehicle gettng off the drive you are not committing and offence.

stuartturbo
25-06-2007, 07:24 PM
I think there should be a law to stop business vehicles from being parked at home addresses, unless the person has sufficient private parking to house the vehicle.

someone should check on that as i thought that was the case already but it may just be for vans not cars as i have heard about it before now

steve190
25-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I think there should be a law to stop business vehicles from being parked at home addresses, unless the person has sufficient private parking to house the vehicle.

Why/Grrr . If I don't park my van at home it means finding somewhere secure to park it. If I get called out then I've got to get to the secure parking, who pays for this? and the time wasted? I park the van in the drive and the car down the road in a free parking space, a bit like benh, and his unallocated parking.

And before you all jump into a big hole - my drive is being widened later this week, at my own cost, so I can also park the car in front of the house.

If we have laws on parking then households should only be allowed as many cars as they can fit on their drives. And employers shouldn't provide parking for employees that sit in offices. Just think how much easier it would be for us that work in the service industry and have to drive if those that work in offices had to use public transport. And I work anywhere between Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen - soon to include Wick.

Bloke opposite has up to 5 cars at times, a Volvo estate and the rest are 307 size, but he has widened and lengthened his drive so no obstruction.

psbarham
25-06-2007, 08:23 PM
I think there should be a law to stop business vehicles from being parked at home addresses, unless the person has sufficient private parking to house the vehicle. It should be requirment of offering home run businesses and bigger companies should be fined if there fleet cars are found to be responsible for causing obstructions in residential areas.

sorry but bollocks bollocks and more bollocks , we have as part of our job, to take the vans home when on standby and in times of heavy storms etc, if we didn't it would then take us an extra hour or so to get to the job , now you wouldn't be too happy if that job was at your house and a 600 mm pipe carrying pumped **** at 250 litres a second burst and was flooding you and your neighbours, and you would soon complain at the increase in water rates if they had to pay us milage on private cars and the extra insurance cover for buisness use.

Beastlee
25-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Seems I hit a nerve but as I see it if you have a van at home then your car should be at work. I'm not talking Kangoos or Scrote type vans here, I'm talking long wheelbase tranists/Mercs etc in roads that you clearly cannot keep them in.

I fully agree that you should only be allowed as many cars as you can fit on your drive and for that reason we can fit up to 3 cars + the garage so we both have a space and one for visitors. No we don't have a big house, it's actually a very small mid-terrace but we had the common sense to buy one with sufficient space to park.
Whilst on the subject I think the law should be that you must park your car(s) on the drive if you have one, those parking on the road whilst you have an empty drive could be fined. It would stop many arguments over parking I tell you.

We learnt the hard way as out of 6 houses in the close we had 3 vans at a time, one wasn't even from a house in the close. This meant we ocasionally had to park a street over in someone else's spac and they had to do more.

bradc
25-06-2007, 09:49 PM
NZ is so much better, everyone has real driveways and most houses have double garages with room for 2-3 cars to park on the drive or grass.

psbarham
25-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Seems I hit a nerve but as I see it if you have a van at home then your car should be at work. I'm not talking Kangoos or Scrote type vans here, I'm talking long wheelbase transits/Mercs etc in roads that you clearly cannot keep them in.

so our 5 ton lwb sprinters don't count then:thinking: , we need these to do our jobs quickly and safely and to respond within the levels of service demanded by the public, the same as British gas and edf do. yes i agree that couriers who abandon their vans anywhere in their street just to save them from using their cars are a nuisance , but genuine cases like emergency services for utilities should be exempt the same way we are exempt from tacho rules etc .

Johnny_Cashed
25-06-2007, 10:14 PM
And employers shouldn't provide parking for employees that sit in offices. Just think how much easier it would be for us that work in the service industry and have to drive if those that work in offices had to use public transport.

Great logic there, apart from the fact that most who work in manufacturing aren't located in city centres, but out in industrial estates that are a b*tch to get to on public transport - it would take me an hour at least on a bus each way, in comparison to fifteen minutes by car. I don't really think I understand your point actually, where I've worked in the past the company owns a lot/lots on an estate, and provides parking within their grounds, so it doesn't stop you getting about on the roads, and you'll never eliminate rush hour traffic.

Paul Beazer
25-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Ok guys, calm down.

I think Lee has opened a can of worms. I can see his point, the end of our road is a nightmare at weekends with all these trannys parked on double yellows by the T junction, i've a couple of near misses where people have turned in a bit too quickly and sharply to find me in the middle of the road.

However thats just selfish parking, its not the vans fault. We just notice the vans because they're bigger and more noticeable than cars.
We had to park halfway up our street last night and cart baby charlie etc back down the road 'cos this stupid fat cow from down the road cant park her car properly, so she just bunged her focus in the middle of a 2 car space and left it there. I once watched her try and reverse park her fiesta into a space my estate would have fitted into easily for 20 mintues before abandoning it pissed with 1 wheel on the pavement and the nose of the car stuck out into the road.

steve190
25-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Great logic there, apart from the fact that most who work in manufacturing aren't located in city centres, but out in industrial estates that are a b*tch to get to on public transport - it would take me an hour at least on a bus each way, in comparison to fifteen minutes by car. I don't really think I understand your point actually, where I've worked in the past the company owns a lot/lots on an estate, and provides parking within their grounds, so it doesn't stop you getting about on the roads, and you'll never eliminate rush hour traffic.

Exactly - there is no easy answer, yet people insist on making statements like
Seems I hit a nerve but as I see it if you have a van at home then your car should be at work. The company I work for has its offices in Liverpool, I live just north of Edinburgh. The engines I maintain - on call 24/7 are spread all over Scotland. Every time I get called out do I drive to Liverpool to get my van to drive back to Scotland :speechles :speechles . On the above statement either my car or the works van is in Liverpool or in my case, as many others, I get into my van and start work.

Beastlee
26-06-2007, 07:41 AM
I know my comment may not please those of you with vans but I don' blame you as the employees. Yes you do need an emergency vehicle but how often do you get an emergency call? If it's rare then you don't really need it to be at home every day, however, if it's most days then there should be someone at te local business address ready to deploy. It's only the past few years that this van epidemic has started and UK residential areas just aren't built for them.

Sorry if I've upset people but I've had too many problems with home parked vans and inconsiderate drivers. Just another reason to leave the UK. I won't even get started on those people who park less than ten 10m from a junction or opposite them....

NZ also has a lot more room to build big houses, in the UK they insisit on fitting as many in one spot as possible...

Little Miss Road Rage
26-06-2007, 08:40 AM
NZ is so much better, everyone has real driveways and most houses have double garages with room for 2-3 cars to park on the drive or grass.

Sounds like my kinda place

Roadie
26-06-2007, 09:47 AM
The asshole opposite refuses point blank to put his car on his drive.

I may have missed something but.... why should he? He pays road tax doesn't he, company car or not. What is it about him parking there that infuriates you so much?

Beastlee
26-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Uh-oh it's a 'I pay my road tax I can park where I like' representative. I don't think that's what is in question here. Paying road tax does not give you the right to ignore the Highway Code like causing an obstruction or park on the wrong side of the road(check the picture) and without ensuring the vehicle is safe (wheels turned to the kerb if on a hill). Vehicle Licence Fee means you've paid the fee required to have permission to run a vehicle on the public highway.
The point is that the guy is your typical everday inconsidereate a**hole that we meet everywhere now. He has parked not in accordance with the Highway code and Derek has suffered as a consequence.

Incidentally, Derek, do you have a picture showing him parked opposite and not complying with the Highway code? As long as you are complying you may have case that he is responsible for the situation and can claim against him for it.

Eurospec
26-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Is it a towed caravan or motorised? I dont think its legal to park a towing caravan in a public road.

Yeah, its a towed POS! I thought that too. I also though about dragging the f'er an inch further out into the street every day until finally it was blocking the road. Then i would call the cops!

On the subject of commercial/works vehicles being parked at home. I totally know where you guys are comming from. I tend to drive the 4x4 myself most of the time. Its big and thirsty, which is bad, but hugely practical for me to go here or there, collect stuff, drop it off, go out to see cars, do the tip run etc. If its sunday evening there is no way i want to drive 30 mins to the workshop and back again to pick up the 4x4 to go and see a car. I am very consicious of the parking issues at home so i deliberately park that on our drive. Clares *****roen is what gets parked out in the street. At the same time though, if she comes home with a load of shopping, she isnt going to park in the next street and make loads of trips with bags, so on those occasions i park in the road. Fair enough, residential streets arent built for these vehicles, but half the world is driving chelsea tractors now anyway and in all honesty a 4x4 and a transit van arent that different in size!

Cheers,

Ben.

Roadie
26-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Uh-oh it's a 'I pay my road tax I can park where I like' representative.

Yes I can legally park where I like you are correct

ignore the Highway Code like causing an obstruction or park on the wrong side of the road(check the picture)

Which exactly is the correct side of the road to park on, the right or the left?

without ensuring the vehicle is safe (wheels turned to the kerb if on a hill).

Well it looks safe to me, I don't think the car could be any closer to the kerb, yes his wheels are not turned in but thats not a rule of the highway code its a suggestion.

226: Parking on hills. If you park on a hill you should

* park close to the kerb and apply the handbrake firmly
* select a forward gear and turn your steering wheel away from the kerb when facing uphill
* select reverse gear and turn your steering wheel towards the kerb when facing downhill
* use 'park' if your car has an automatic gearbox.

Vehicle Licence Fee means you've paid the fee required to have permission to run a vehicle on the public highway.

err, and to also park on a public highway or you must SORN your vehicle.

The point is that the guy is your typical everday inconsidereate a**hole that we meet everywhere now.

Please refer to my original question, 'Why?' all I asked was what it is about him parking there upsets Derek so much?
The road appears to be wide
the Merc is parked very close to the kerb
The Merc doesn't appear to be directly opposite Dereks driveway

Hence why all I asked was, why?

SGHOM
26-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Simple answers to all the above. ;
He does it deliberately. /Grrr

If I get home & he is parked on the road, I HAVE to park on my drive. no other choice. [ I've a tree & lampost outside my house ] If I get home before him & park on the road...... he will STILL park on to road to cause as much disruption as possible. /pan /pan albeit slightly on the kerb. If I then move my car, like I did the other day, he comes out of his house & puts it back on the road. [ I saw him do it in my rear mirror !! ]

The tw@t is just an a**hole. /Grrr

Nutter_John
26-06-2007, 11:05 AM
why not park your car wwhere he does when he goes out and leave it there :D

Eurospec
26-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Sorry, i saw the highway code thing and i couldnt resist......

[off topic]

Did you know that rule 271 basically says 'give way to trains'/haz

/[off topic]

Cheers,

Ben.

Beastlee
26-06-2007, 11:40 AM
/haz @ Ben, Just to point out that I did say I was targeting the hooooge vans and LWB versions in most cases. Must admit though I do hate 4x4 drivers who don't need them, not i an enviromentally friendly way, but for the fact they are mostly inconsiderate and more dangerous than most others....as proved on TV. (I know don't believe everything you watch on TV).

Roadie, the reason it bothers him is he ends up with scratches as per further up the thread. Whilst it appears deliberate it could hav easily been someone in something like a glass van that scraped it as it went by. The wrong side of the road is the one where you are facing oncoming traffic....hence I said check the picture.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. /pan

Nick VR4
26-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Ok scenario where I live

Dead end Road
Very near shops and school
We are first house in on the right
My cars across the road up a driveway (very lucky the guy's lets me use his drive way)

Most of the day cars parked half on and half off road its a narrow road

People park willy nilly just to get to the shops
Mums park cars dropping the prats off at school any where they can
I have seen it many times the road blocked cars not parked far enough apart lorries etc cant go down the road
I would have to
School staff use this road to park even though they have a car park /Grrr
Shop Staff park down this road

If the Mrs car is not parked in front of house half on half off someone parks there
And then keep a eye so we can park infront of house when they pi$$ off

I have had to wait at times for people to move there car before i can get mine out

I dont think building a drive would work that well either

Rant over

BraindG
26-06-2007, 12:18 PM
This reminds me of something that happened to me last week.

When leaving Chrissys house and round a few corners there's this street of terraced houses. On both sides of the road there are cars part end to end, and all the way down for about mmmm, 200 yards? mebbe more, with only space for one car to go up, and down this street due to the quantity of cars on either side - if there is a car coming down you need to wait at either side (depending on which way your coming) of this road and wait for the car coming towards you to overtake you at the T-junction, total joke really.

Anyhoo, the last time I left there I was stuck at the junction turning right onto this road as there were two cars half way down nose to nose with neither wanting to relent and reverse the 100yards back to the T Junctions either end of this road - Think I was there for about 15 minutes - additionally I was waiting for the guy heading up this road to signal me to say it was clear to head up. When I finally got moving I was doing a comparison of width of house vs. length of car, on the whole the cars parked on this street were as wide as these 2 storey terraced houses :o

Ill take a photo of it if I remember, its like the worst road ive ever seen.

oh and don't get me started about the family across the road who have more friends than someone whos just won the lottery.

White Lightning
26-06-2007, 12:31 PM

/nag

Bloody show offs ... /haz

Roadie
26-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Then it appears that unfortunately for Derek there is very little he can do, the Merc owner is doing nothing wrong legally and unless he fancies fisticuffs at dawn which is the last thing you want on your own doorstep you must put up with it how ever annoying it is. The Merc owner appears to be a very selfish person if he still parks there when you are already there and now that he knows it rattles you will probably just keep doing it to annoy you. He seems like a bully so hopefully he will get his when Karma kicks in.

I bet his wife is an old hag as well

The wrong side of the road is the one where you are facing oncoming traffic....hence I said check the picture.

but that only applies when parking the car at night.

Don't hate the guy in first place /pan

I-S
26-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Barry - my road is like that, but thankfully it's a dead end. However, the houses are 16ft wide, which means that everyone has room for 1 car. If the car is big (like my galant or a mondeo or something) then there'd be problems if everyone had that, but with a mix of polo, ka, etc sized cars, it all works out.

Until people start having two...

pitslayer
26-06-2007, 05:41 PM
or you live where i live, only got a pick of the house being built, but what you can
see is room for about 12 cars

fredfour4
26-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Go to your local aggregate dealer. Pay for 20 ton hardcore (cash). Give his name and address and have it delivered during the working week. They will both be at work?
To be entertained will always cost , but what a laugh, and watch the buggers sweat . You never know he might shrink enough to stamp on.

psbarham
27-06-2007, 06:49 AM
I know my comment may not please those of you with vans but I don' blame you as the employees. Yes you do need an emergency vehicle but how often do you get an emergency call? If it's rare then you don't really need it to be at home every day, however, if it's most days then there should be someone at te local business address ready to deploy. ...

our patch is p'boro down to st.ives which is a fair old area , if we had a gang in each major town then yes we could repond quicker and run out of local offices , but i can garenttee you one thing , its YOU that will pay for it in your water rates . which would you prefer the odd white van down a street or being 150-300 quid out of pocket :thinking:
and anyway if its one particular van thats causing a problem then take the reg down and inform the company and the local council , that'll sort things

Xeroid
27-06-2007, 12:00 PM
NZ, you are not ALLOWED to park as to block the road. At all times an emergency vehicle ( Fire Engine, Ambulance etc) MUST be able to pass. And being as they are normally wider than a car it ain't a problem for cars.

Moral of the story : Follow Fire Engines ... :speechles

I can park about 7 cars at top of the drive, 2 more in the garage and if I open the side gate to the back yard another 2 or 3 maybe.

Funny story, true btw.
Friend drove for a concrete delivery company, wet cement truck to building sites etc. And suspected his wife was having an affair. With a dodgy used car salesman.
Drove past his own house one day on delivery, spotted said used car salesmans big flashy US convertible parked out front.
Stopped, pulled out chute from truck, pointed it into aforementioned convertible and dumped about 2.5 cubic meters of wet cement into the yank tank.
Which promptly broke in half with the weight, about 3 tonnes or so,

Know any cement truck drivers ...?

Paul Beazer
27-06-2007, 12:32 PM
It would be nice to bury the merc under a couple of tonnes of concrete, but i think it might be a bit obvious who did it.
TBH I cant really offer a (legal) solution Derek, i have problems with my neighbours parking inconsiderately (even though they have a car port and the space on the road in front of their house). I've got tired of trying to keep one of our cars blocking them from doing their usual. Its just annoying, when i move however i shall be cycling past their cars with a water pistol filled with brake fluid at 3am.........

pitslayer
27-06-2007, 02:41 PM
NZ, you are not ALLOWED to park as to block the road. At all times an emergency vehicle ( Fire Engine, Ambulance etc) MUST be able to pass. And being as they are normally wider than a car it ain't a problem for cars.

Moral of the story : Follow Fire Engines ... :speechles

I can park about 7 cars at top of the drive, 2 more in the garage and if I open the side gate to the back yard another 2 or 3 maybe.

Funny story, true btw.
Friend drove for a concrete delivery company, wet cement truck to building sites etc. And suspected his wife was having an affair. With a dodgy used car salesman.
Drove past his own house one day on delivery, spotted said used car salesmans big flashy US convertible parked out front.
Stopped, pulled out chute from truck, pointed it into aforementioned convertible and dumped about 2.5 cubic meters of wet cement into the yank tank.
Which promptly broke in half with the weight, about 3 tonnes or so,

Know any cement truck drivers ...?
thats been doing the rounds for years now, and in each country it changes car.
some theres an e type involved, or a merc, and it has been proven that you can fill a car full of cement and it wont snap in half, its a myth. and the ending of the story usually turns out like "and the car was a birthday present for him"

psbarham
27-06-2007, 08:18 PM
or you live where i live, only got a pick of the house being built, but what you can
see is room for about 12 cars

cool flat :D

djwarden
27-06-2007, 08:55 PM
/pan /pan /pan /grr /grr /catfight /catfight /catfight

Calm Down!

SGHOM
10-12-2007, 05:06 PM
It's all going to turn violent. I cant see any other outcome. /boxing /boxing

He's just parked above his house because he has visitors, [ obviously they cant park on a drive either ] bang opposite mine....... so I cant get out now. /Grrr /Grrr

I went out to ask him how long he would be ??......... red rag to a bull !! :speechles He came across the road.... chest puffed out.... fists up saying " I'm not serving more time for you, w****er" " I will park where I f*****g want"

Bless him ! /pan /pan

Roberto
10-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Ah Derek,

You really could do with a few good trouble free weeks.

Hopefully next year peace will break out with all your lovely issues.

Just don't get any blood on the cars, its a sod to clean off.

SGHOM
10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Ah Derek,

You really could do with a few good trouble free weeks.

Hopefully next year peace will break out with all your lovely issues.

Just don't get any blood on the cars, its a sod to clean off.

once my security cameras are in, I will politely go & ask him what his problem is. :thinking:
one - nil to the SGHOM. :afro: I'll take a hit, but it will be worth it /pan

Roberto
10-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Good idea D.

Are you going digital recording or tape?
Have you done CCTV before or is this cheap and cheerfull job?

Something I'm going to do if me and Liz ever get together to buy a decent house.

miller
10-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Simple yet effective, worked for me.

Buy a tin of dog food and keep smearing it in un-noticable amounts in the wheel arches, sit back and watch what happens, the fooker will use his drive from then on.

Or cat food on the roof if ya really bugged by him. Watch the scrathes then.

Its so simple, like training a dog :scholar:

His company will soon be on his case for damage to the car which ultimately will come out of his pocket.

Mike

ritch_w
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
have u called the police? sometimes they do rise above being useless

bradc
10-12-2007, 08:31 PM
if you say that you feel physically threatened by him, surely the police will come and do something.

Kieran
10-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, basically that's verbal asault right there - You could get 'im if you wanted.:scholar:

Little Miss Road Rage
10-12-2007, 09:57 PM
If you're gonna do the CCTV thing it needs to be digital to be used as evidence. Thats what the police told us when some little jumped up pikey was stealing my optimax out my race car and the diesel out of my truck.

Good luck hope it don't come to that

pitslayer
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
it cant be digital, digital can be tampered with ;)

if you do put CCTV up make sure you put a sign up, can be as small as you like saying CCTV in operation though.

by now if it was me, id start some gardening work, mix up some cement, making sure you wash it down your drive and just make a complete mess of it etc. or just buy a crap car for 50 quid putit on your drive, leave the hand brakeslightly off and let it roll into his car.

or just wedged a bit of cod up in the engine bay hidden away

Paul Beazer
11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Derek do you live in my street now?

Im having similar issues with my neighbour(s).

D1ckhead next door now has 4 cars (only 3 of them actually drive), so he waited until one of our cars wasnt in front of the house and dumped his volvo estate in there. It didnt move for over a week, then he moves it to take some stuff to the tip, bungs his fat daughter's car in the space so no-one else can go in there and then moves it out again when he comes back with his volvo. I dont really care that my car isnt in front of the house, but im gettin p1ssed off with jean having to park miles away and carry charlie back to the house with the buggy, esp as she still has a bad back. Its pointless talking to him as he'll just come out with some smart ass cr@p that he can park where he likes. Its not enough that he has harstanding for 1 car in front of his houe plus the space in the street in front of the hardstanding AND A GARAGE!
On top of that he's got this stupid webcam on the front of his house to watch his cars. Im not particularly bothered, but i do object to the fact that it looks across our front path, so he's able to watch all our comings and goings. Anything i can do about this?

Meanwhile across the road this stupid woman who is lucky enough to have a driveway doesnt use it so she just parks across the end of it. No problem, but now she's putting a traffic cone outside her house, so effectively booking he space. I know it is illegal to do this, but how do i stop it, she is likely to go off on one if i ask her not to put the cone out. Perhaps i should just steal her cone and cuck it in the tip?

What is the problem with people these days?? Both these neighbours have guaranteed parking and that still isnt enough for them. Probably time to move before i end up being charged with criminal damage.

Spleen vented.

miller
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
but now she's putting a traffic cone outside her house, so effectively booking he space.

Steal the traffic cone :happy:

Looks like we need to organise a few VR4 meets at said addresses :happy: :afro:

Mike

Ryan
11-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Hmmm, I disagree. You might have the wide open spaces where you live but closer to the city it's more like 1 garage and a tiny yard. But it is certainly a better situation than parking in the UK.

pitslayer
12-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Derek do you live in my street now?

Im having similar issues with my neighbour(s).

D1ckhead next door now has 4 cars (only 3 of them actually drive), so he waited until one of our cars wasnt in front of the house and dumped his volvo estate in there. It didnt move for over a week, then he moves it to take some stuff to the tip, bungs his fat daughter's car in the space so no-one else can go in there and then moves it out again when he comes back with his volvo. I dont really care that my car isnt in front of the house, but im gettin p1ssed off with jean having to park miles away and carry charlie back to the house with the buggy, esp as she still has a bad back. Its pointless talking to him as he'll just come out with some smart ass cr@p that he can park where he likes. Its not enough that he has harstanding for 1 car in front of his houe plus the space in the street in front of the hardstanding AND A GARAGE!
On top of that he's got this stupid webcam on the front of his house to watch his cars. Im not particularly bothered, but i do object to the fact that it looks across our front path, so he's able to watch all our comings and goings. Anything i can do about this?

Meanwhile across the road this stupid woman who is lucky enough to have a driveway doesnt use it so she just parks across the end of it. No problem, but now she's putting a traffic cone outside her house, so effectively booking he space. I know it is illegal to do this, but how do i stop it, she is likely to go off on one if i ask her not to put the cone out. Perhaps i should just steal her cone and cuck it in the tip?

What is the problem with people these days?? Both these neighbours have guaranteed parking and that still isnt enough for them. Probably time to move before i end up being charged with criminal damage.

Spleen vented.

first check if the guy has any CCTV signs up around his house. if he hasnt phone da police, its illegal to have cctv, without any signs up saying you have cctv in operation, even if its not recording

as for people using cones to keep there space do what i do, just carry on driving and push it out of the way....or steal it, paint it a different colour, then move it to outside your house

Robotnik123
12-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Hmmm, I disagree. You might have the wide open spaces where you live but closer to the city it's more like 1 garage and a tiny yard. But it is certainly a better situation than parking in the UK.

In the central suburbs of Wellington, because of all the hills, lots of houses have no off street parking and the streets can also be quite narrow too. I had a flat in Hataitai once, near the top of Mount Victoria and practically everyone parked on the street there. Consequently my car was hit several times by people trying to park. It also had its windows smashed a couple of times, with people trying to break in. Also if two big vehicles, like say Toyota Landcruiser SUVs, parked across from each other at certain parts on the street, cars couldn't get past, it was that narrow.

shrew
12-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Ive got to say SG

i agree with the violent route!!!

if he's already acting the way he is, theres only one thing he'll understand, and going covert will just make him think you're a wimp behind you're curtains, and he'll brag to his mates how successful he's been at turning you int a cctv recluse.

Give him a good shoe'ing, show him who's the daddy on this patch, and tell him Sheffield is only a stones throw from Shottingham, and i'm on my way!!!

Pi$$ ants like that, i hate em, but we all know one like it, but if he's got to the point of already saying what he has, he thinks he's got the upper hand and you're scared!

Have a VR4 meeting, put the kettle on, and call an ambulance...

How dare he upset a long term leggy, maybe he should dissappear for five years or more and his wife move to panama.....

Shrew (all worried now!!!)

Fully
12-12-2007, 05:12 AM
I don't see what the problem is really?
Am I missing something here?
Is he blocking your drive?
If I lived there you would have a truck parked there 19tones of it!

fredfour4
16-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Dial M for Murder or if you come from Scotland Dial M for Mudder

Paul Beazer
16-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Cone problem sorted. Kicked out of my way yesterday, parked up, threw cone in the back and then disposed of it down a nearby building site.
Ha ha F*ck you!

Kieran
16-12-2007, 07:30 PM
There's one problem now though Paul - Now it's two against one - All that woman has to do is talk to your A$$ of a neighbour and he'll lay it on thick - You won't be able to canvass her opinion against him if you need to.

Paul Beazer
17-12-2007, 01:50 PM
There's one problem now though Paul - Now it's two against one - All that woman has to do is talk to your A$$ of a neighbour and he'll lay it on thick - You won't be able to canvass her opinion against him if you need to.
Unlikely, she's just as selfish as he is. she moaned at a mate to move his car (which was perfectly legitimately parked) to move it so she could move her Piscaso in there, because she cant park for toffee.
Think i'll just go bezerk with a can of petrol and matches!

D.J
22-12-2007, 04:56 PM
I thought I had Problem neighbours.