PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: Flywheel

SHOWVR
25-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Hey Guys, after a flywhhel - anyone out ther have a spare one? What are the options out there, Kempys gave me $150.00 for a used one.

The one of timos is a mission to get off, dam bolts are are cemented in....

Kenneth
25-06-2007, 01:46 AM
I'd let go of mine for $100... IIRC it looks almost new.

I wanted to keep the flywheel/clutch assembly for the Legnum, but I guess the flywheel can probably be machined so long as I keep the pressure plate and disk

SHOWVR
25-06-2007, 04:57 AM
I'd let go of mine for $100... IIRC it looks almost new.

I wanted to keep the flywheel/clutch assembly for the Legnum, but I guess the flywheel can probably be machined so long as I keep the pressure plate and disk

ill let you know Kenny - do you have the bolts?

Kenneth
25-06-2007, 05:10 AM
ill let you know Kenny - do you have the bolts?

Sorry, no. Bolts from the auto should fit however.

Xeroid
25-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Bolts are SUPPOSED to be almost cemented in, otherwise flywheel will come loose, take it from someone who found out the hard way :oops:

You'll probably need an impact driver to free them.

SHOWVR
25-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Well......I GOT THE FLYWHHEL OFF!! thanks to my trust couzin whos a mchaninc. he ust returned from chch so I took him around to timos. He laughed at me when i said they were cemnted in! All he did ws lock the pulley ( or one of the bolts that turns the pulley) and then crack the nuts - took him 30 seconds! literlly!! So looks like I wont have to fork it $ for a FW. Hes taking it to get machined and skimmed up for me. Thanks for the help guys