Hope to get it up to first place next year :scholar:

That's the spirit mate, i'm behind you all the way :speechles

Little Miss Road Rage
25-06-2007, 11:17 AM
They're all up North whats that say about their driving

pitslayer
25-06-2007, 11:57 AM
southerners are fairys who dont know how to drive? /pan lol
4th most dangerous road, not good enough, need to try a damn site harder. suprised my road to work/pub isnt on there, as its orsumly dangerous

Paul Beazer
25-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Roads are NOT dangerous, only those who drive on them in an inappropriate manner without taking into account the conditions.

I-S
25-06-2007, 12:37 PM
I think the A62's problems are caused mainly by two things... sheep and fog. As you say paul, it's the way people behave about these things that cause the accidents. I've seen people overtaking in 20yd visibility in fog, and only living through luck. The sheep are camoflaged in fog too. The other day there was a whole flock of sheep standing in the road and all you can do is stop and wait, hazards on.

Paul Beazer
25-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Fog makes a lot of drivers take the most unbelieveable risks, i hate driving in fog because i always get tailgated as my "safe" speed in fog seems to be at odds with everyone else's.

SGHOM
25-06-2007, 01:50 PM
A bit suprised the A57 is not on the list ?? :thinking:
I've seen 8 overturned cars on it in the past 12 months ! /rally

Little Miss Road Rage
25-06-2007, 05:24 PM
A bit suprised the A57 is not on the list ?? :thinking:
I've seen 8 overturned cars on it in the past 12 months ! /rally

Is there something your not telling us? Are u spinning and turning the idiots and they're rolling instead of spinning:happy:

Spirit
25-06-2007, 05:32 PM
southerners are fairys who dont know how to drive?

Or alternatively, they know how to drive properly /pan

WildCards
25-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Norvern Monkey, S'oven Fairy

Beastlee
25-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Funnily enough the worst are single carriage way roads with Head on Collisions....I bet they involve people overtaking lorries. Not that it's the lorry driver's fault it's the councils for not ensuring the roads are built to support the traffic using it. Just build dual carriageways instead of single ones then complaining there's no money to expand them.

Sorry to all the lorry drivers but I believe them to be repsonsible (directly or indirectly) for a large proportion of road accidents. The increasing idea that it's Ok to overtake for 10 miles just to sit in front of the truck they passed is unacceptable. On any journey you can see exactly where the trucks are and the delays involved. Time your journey during normal hours then do the same one wen the trucks are all asleep....it'll take a third of the time!

Rant over sorry for hijacking.

dave221
25-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Its not the lorries, its the law!
40mph speed limit for hgv's on single carriageway roads is absolutely ridiculous !!!

(sorry for another rant)

Beastlee
25-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Have you seen an HGV try and stop in an emergency? 40 on a single carriageway is fine, but I yhink they should have the same rules as farm vehicles etc. If causing a hold up they should safely pull over and let other vehicles pass. And no overtaking on dual carriageways.

Sorry all done now.

steve190
25-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Have you seen an HGV try and stop in an emergency? 40 on a single carriageway is fine, but I yhink they should have the same rules as farm vehicles etc. If causing a hold up they should safely pull over and let other vehicles pass. And no overtaking on dual carriageways.

Sorry all done now.

Lorries do have to pull over but how many single carriageways have suitable places to pull over? And why do car drivers think they are exempt from the speed limit. The number of drivers willing to take unnecessary risks just to get ahead of the vehicle in front is absurd. Number of times I've been overtaken in places I wouldn't consider and I can see further as I'm higher of the road /Grrr /Grrr

Kieran
25-06-2007, 08:06 PM
.....The sheep are camoflaged in fog too. The other day there was a whole flock of sheep standing in the road and all you can do is stop and wait, hazards on.

Oooh, you've reminded me of something there Isaac.... One day whilst in wales, we were out in Ariadne along one of the many 60 limit, single caridgeway roads. We went over a blind crest of a hill and 20 feet the other side were three sheep, who stood there looking at us gone out - and they started coming towards us. Given that we were the wrong side of a blind hill, I decided the best thing to do was get the sheep out of the way, just incase another car came along - so I put the car in 'N', rolled slowly forwards and revved the engine (the horn didn't have any effect). Confronted with a roaring, spitting, snarling Ariadne they quickly turned and ran up the embankment back to the rest of the flock.

Thing is, Alex mentioned that there are laws about scaring sheep and such - but to my mind, a slightly gibbering sheep has to be preferable to a pile of minced lamb, surely?:inquisiti

Nutter_John
25-06-2007, 08:10 PM
mmmmm lamb burgers , and a friend for Bern as well

pitslayer
26-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Or alternatively, they know how to drive properly /pan
if theres no crashes, smashes, dashes, explosions, pile ups, jack knifing then ya just aint driving at all.