PDA

View Full Version : H & R Springs

Kieran
20-12-2003, 12:37 PM
...Any reviews/opinions on the above manufacturer?

At the moment, my GLS has a ground clearance more akin to a lifestyle 4x4 .. I'm interested in a slight lowering, but not something that will bugger up my ride geometry and upset my back INSERT INTO post VALUES (I suffer with back problems you see).

www.Needforspeed.co.uk have a few spring kits in, and the one that's caught my eye is the H&R kit. It lowers by 30mm INSERT INTO post VALUES (subtle) and costs £110... It's cheap and doesn't lower by bonkers amounts... combined with 17" sport rims I reckon it would look ok but without mangling the ride quality.
My concern is that there's not much info on the springs...

Any takers?...

ritch_w
21-12-2003, 10:48 AM
As far as i'maware the H&R kit is good - when i had a Golf GTi the prefered option for those in the know was to replace standard suspension with Boge or Bilstien Gas shocks with -30mm H&R springs; apparently this improved the handling significantly on the Mk2 & 3 and on mk3 inproved the comfort as well!

I say go for it!
I was considering the cobra springs that Col V6 Sport found on the potn site - but had never heard of them!

I would definiately go for the H&R as they are a known quality make.

I think the US guys use them as well - post on the galant centre as see what they say?

cheers

ritch :p

ritch_w
21-12-2003, 11:04 AM
http://www.hrsprings.com/site/frameapplications.html

$329 in the US

ritch_w
30-12-2003, 10:43 AM
After speaking to Scottish_Ian - i'm going to try and get Eibach springs as they are also progressive and the same price as the H&R INSERT INTO post VALUES (once you add the £20 P&P on)
Ian advised they dont upset the comfort side of things and only stiffen up once you start to push the car - which sounds ideal to me!

I think its better to go with something that has been recommended.
what do you think?